Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2020, 15:47   #151
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Octavia RS 245 confirmed for India. Edit: Launched @ 36 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Bookings to be open from March 01, 12 noon at
Trust Skoda , only with Skoda . I understand that bookings will open on 1st March, but is THIS what the car deserves? Their web agency should be fired.

The link shared in their press release opens this www.buyskodaonline.co.in/
Skoda Octavia RS 245 confirmed for India. Edit: Launched @ 36 lakhs-annotation-20200227-154237.png

The correct link should be with an S, that is https://www.buyskodaonline.co.in/

Either way, their agency should be fired because they've not put an auto redirect from http to https.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 16:05   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
You would have an absolute zero in terms of Gloating. The current generation Octavia is 7 years old and so many of these cards are all over the place in our cities. It had started to look very staid and conventional even a few years ago and now it looks properly like a previous generation car. The VRS has little visual differentiation except in the front. So if you want all that power on the stealth, it is good. You could get the same looks and most of the power (180 of the 245 HP) by getting a used 1.8TSI from the 2016 or 2017 vintage at less than third of the price - even a facelifted 2017 TSI with low miles should cost no more than 16 lakhs. But if you want some attention, it would have to be the 330i.
Hardly anyone even looks at 3 series anymore these days. Shocking how rare and exquisite they used to be. Now it's an entry car into the luxury segment that you see all over the city. Still a super fun drive though!
Old 27th February 2020, 19:56   #153
Team-BHP Support

Nice to see Rally Green being introduced to the colour palette. It would be incredibly brave to select that option though, I must admit. (Takes me back to the days when people bought the yellow 1st gen Octavia vRS).

But it also appears that the much loved Steel Grey colour has been replaced by Rally Green. The steel grey colour (often affectionately called Nardo Grey) is reminiscent of Chalk/Crayon available on some Audis and Porsches. Sad to see it go.
suhaas307 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 21:31   #154
Team-BHP Support

Last week, I was speaking to a chap in my office who claimed that he was 193 in the waiting list, and yet they are officially taking bookings now.

Am not clear whether the dealer is doing a bit of "impression management"

Last edited by ajmat : 28th February 2020 at 12:25.
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 12:23   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imranstael View Post
Hardly anyone even looks at 3 series anymore these days. Shocking how rare and exquisite they used to be. Now it's an entry car into the luxury segment that you see all over the city. Still a super fun drive though!
The F30 is still a head turner, I have often noticed people looking at my vehicle or chaps walking up to the car for a picture thanks to the BMW badge. Yes! They can't be labelled exquisite now but I would assume it still has that typical BMW "Snob" value and people around do notice it.

Whereas the G20 indeed attracts a lot of attention, I have my business located in Church Street and had asked my BMW Sales Executive recently to get me the TD of G20 and Yes! It turned a lot of heads. I feel the older models doesn't get you enough attention because as you said it's all over the city but the newer generations rolling out of the showroom still attracts a lot of eye balls.
YashD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 09:59   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
The F30 is still a head turner, I have often noticed people looking at my vehicle or chaps walking up to the car for a picture thanks to the BMW badge. Yes! They can't be labelled exquisite now but I would assume it still has that typical BMW "Snob" value and people around do notice it.

Whereas the G20 indeed attracts a lot of attention, I have my business located in Church Street and had asked my BMW Sales Executive recently to get me the TD of G20 and Yes! It turned a lot of heads. I feel the older models doesn't get you enough attention because as you said it's all over the city but the newer generations rolling out of the showroom still attracts a lot of eye balls.
Well that is definitely some good news then. Maybe I am jaded by the older generation. I haven't seen the new model yet in the flesh. They look pretty sleek on paper.

This definitely should be a sore point for the RS since it is at the end of its generation life cycle.
imranstael is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2020, 11:00   #157
BHPian

I couldn't find exact ground clearance of rs245. Found numbers like 110mm, 140 mm etc at different sites. Couldn't find any info on skoda India or UK sites. Need help on this.
Old 1st March 2020, 11:07   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
I couldn't find exact ground clearance of rs245. Found numbers like 110mm, 140 mm etc at different sites. Couldn't find any info on skoda India or UK sites. Need help on this.
It's 135-140 mm. Should be 'equivalent' to ~150 on normal sedans as the Octavia (and the vRS in particular) is stiffly sprung.

52 minutes to go! Feels like Maruti 800 allotment time :-)
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2020, 11:31   #159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
52 minutes to go! Feels like Maruti 800 allotment time )
Does one need to pre-register? Their page still says “ coming soon ”
Old 1st March 2020, 11:36   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Does one need to pre-register? Their page still says “ coming soon ”
Not as far as I am aware. The 'virtual event' is supposed to start at 12 noon.
Old 1st March 2020, 11:38   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
Just get the vRS. Don't think too much. It comes with a very very strong underbody protection for engine and DSG. So does my GTI and 330i and I drive the 330i like an off roader . You can take the vRS anywhere, really, anywhere. Just plan the attack angles on the speed breakers properly, in monsoon, just gauge the depth of mud filled potholes by asking passengers to measure the same using a "dip-stick" made out of any tree banch on the way. This is what we did through out MP, UP and UK on the recent trip to Lansdown. And remember, the skid-plate is meant to do just that "skid", so in extreme cases, literally "skid" over slowly and knowingly, I have mastered this. We can always replace the skid plate in our 3rd or 4th annual service :-) These powerful and low slung German sedans won't be available, unless we keep buying those and they are such a joy to drive, it's really sacrilege to buy those anemic cars on stilts that have flooded our market, just because of our road conditions - those cars are plain boring.

Quote:
It's 135-140 mm. Should be 'equivalent' to ~150 on normal sedans as the Octavia (and the vRS in particular) is stiffly sprung.

52 minutes to go! Feels like Maruti 800 allotment time :-)
May the force be with you Master!

Last edited by anandpadhye : 1st March 2020 at 11:57.
anandpadhye is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st March 2020, 11:54   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Just get the vRS. Don't think too much.

Thanks Sir!!! The heart has been trying to convince the brain since I heard the news. This bit has surely helped. Setting up the laptop now and getting ready to play fastest fingers first.
Old 1st March 2020, 12:03   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

No OTP even after after 2 resends! Did anyone manage to book? :-)

Last edited by itwasntme : 1st March 2020 at 12:05.
Old 1st March 2020, 12:06   #164
BHPian

Quote:
No OTP even after after 2 resends!
Skoda being Skoda

I am getting server errors :( That too on the confirmation page after paying the money. Thankfully got confirmation SMS but this is really frustrating. Hope booking is done
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia RS 245 confirmed for India. Edit: Launched @ 36 lakhs-server-error-skoda.jpg  

Last edited by sameerg : 1st March 2020 at 12:12. Reason: Added info
sameerg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2020, 12:19   #165
BHPian

Quote:
No OTP even after after 2 resends! Did anyone manage to book? :-)
Were you able to book?

Most Viewed