Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is YOUR car of 2019?
Maruti S-Presso 14 0.51%
Maruti WagonR 16 0.58%
Renault Triber 231 8.40%
Hyundai Grand i10 Nios 13 0.47%
Hyundai Venue 81 2.94%
Mahindra XUV300 73 2.65%
Nissan Kicks 8 0.29%
Kia Seltos 1499 54.49%
MG Hector 115 4.18%
Tata Harrier 431 15.67%
Honda Civic 57 2.07%
Hyundai Kona 130 4.73%
Toyota Camry 22 0.80%
BMW 3-Series 57 2.07%
Audi A6 4 0.15%
Voters: 2751. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2019, 12:52   #136

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2019. EDIT: It's the Kia Seltos!

Voted for the Hyundai Kona as it is the shape of things the automotive future is going to take. We did have some EV launches in the past like the E20 but Kona is the first serious EV in India. It has a realistic range, decent equipment list, good build and excellent safety kit.

Ten years from now, more than half of the cars in the COTY list may be EVs.
Old 7th December 2019, 12:55   #137
BHPian

I have voted for the xuv300 due to the reason that it is a home grown company's product.Nice mature styling.The only negative being its pricing.
Vj13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 12:56   #138

I voted for Tata Harrier. Not going by the sales figures but the sheer value for money, great engineering at a much lesser price.
Going by the sales figures it is obviously Kia Seltos, but honestly When I took a test drive, it just felt like an upgraded Creta which it actually is where as Harrier felt like a completely new experience.
Flying_machines is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 13:04   #139

My vote has gone for Tata Harrier

It is both Beauty and the Beast . Phenomenal ride quality.
If Tata does what Mahindra did with both Scorpio and XUV 500, i.e. iteratively figure out bugs and resolve them in timely manner, Harrier has the potential to lead the segment. Bring out Petrol and Automatics variants and some gimmicks like Panoramic sunroof and the numbers shall follow.

2nd choice would be Kia Seltos.
Unlike other new entrants who like to test waters slowly, I really loved the all guns blazing approach by Kia. Slightly disappointed by the road presence and interior space (less than Duster) - else it would have been my vote.
kuzh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 13:07   #140
BHPian

Voted for the Seltos with my heart, voted for the XUV with my wallet
Old 7th December 2019, 13:12   #141
BHPian

Voted for the Seltos no questions asked. If there is a single car in the current market which provides the versatility and quality of a world class product, it is this one. Bang on KIA!! The way they have managed to position it with the Creta next door and the Hector/Harrier breathing down their necks has been a lesson in marketing as well.
Old 7th December 2019, 13:20   #142
BHPian

Voted for Kia Seltos!

One of the best looking car in the segment loaded with features and offering good powertrain, decent ride/handling and build quality. Overall best package in the segment.

Wish Harrier offered such great package.
Old 7th December 2019, 13:26   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

While I completely rubbish away any notion that carbon dioxide emissions are reaching critical levels (there is a deficit infact), I'd still say an electric car IS an electric car.. it has the best acceleration of any car I've driven, telepathic and instantaneous pedal response, and is a proper 4 seater car with an electric motor for just about 25L. Sure, there are compromises, like high floor wall in the back (not noticeable for people under 5'5) and limited range and lack of en-route charging points.. BUT it is a pathbreaker and a VERY competent and reasonable package for city driving.

It has to be the Kona, simply due to the fact that it is the most practical electric car in India till date, and its build is rock solid (above D Segment sedans in terms of tactility).

No other car in the list offers something so radically different.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 13:28   #144
BHPian

The Kia Seltos wins my vote. I feel There is no other car that wins over both the head and the heart in our market and the sales numbers show exactly that as well I guess.

The Hyundai Kona would be a close second for me just because it is a great overall package, and the fact that Hyundai was the only manufacturer who actually brought out a decent EV that can even be considered for the daily grind, at a totally reasonable price for what it offers.
Old 7th December 2019, 13:50   #145
BHPian

It's no brainer actually, Kia Seltos it is!!!
Kia Motors played a huge gamble by building a car from scratch and launching it in a segment dominated by the likes of Hyundai Creta, Duster and even cars like Tata Harrier and MG Hector recently. But the gamble has paid off. Not only is the Kia Seltos most feature packed car in the segment, it’s fun-to-drive and looks very good too. Being a newcomer, Kia has played the price card quite aggressively. Kia Motors has come to India not only to survive, but to rule the market. Let’s hope we see more Tiger Nose grilles roaming on our roads, making India more synonymous to other South Asian countries.
Old 7th December 2019, 14:07   #146
BHPian

For me I believe that the Triber is a worthy contender for the first position as it totally redefines the UV sector and is a good car.
But the KIA is so much a better package and the market acceptance shows that. Hence voted for the KIA.
Old 7th December 2019, 14:09   #147
BHPian

On realistic grounds, it has to be Kia Seltos, look at the numbers it's churning out every month, a blockbuster!!!

In fact, I am getting an itch to trade my Kicks petrol MT (satisfied with it) with a Seltos IVT or Kicks CVT (if they launch it), let's see.
Old 7th December 2019, 14:24   #148
BHPian

My vote was for venue as I found the car design was perfect for a small suv. It just feels right with its miniature size and square shape which results in good all round visibility coupled with very nice prices ,though I must admit it needs improvement in ride quality and a rear wiper should be standard. But still Venue's design and size just checked all the boxes in my mind.Kudos to hyundai for changing my mind about hyundai products.
Old 7th December 2019, 14:27   #149
Senior - BHPian

My vote goes to the Renault Triber.

With the extreme flexibility in seating as well as luggage carrying, features and the pricing, it makes a fantastic package for someone looking for that all in one experience.

The only let downs are the small 1 litre engine (Baleno has a 1.2 litre engine employing the same dual VTVT) and the unpredictable after sales.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 14:27   #150
AZT
BHPian

Gotta love Renault for taking on Maruti in the budget segment. I like the Seltos and XUV 300 but Triber takes the cake for me. A sub 7 lakh 7 seater is literally a car made for India.

Kudos to Mahindra and Kia for amazing vehicles too.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks