Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Which is YOUR car of 2019?
Maruti S-Presso 14 0.51%
Maruti WagonR 16 0.58%
Renault Triber 231 8.40%
Hyundai Grand i10 Nios 13 0.47%
Hyundai Venue 81 2.94%
Mahindra XUV300 73 2.65%
Nissan Kicks 8 0.29%
Kia Seltos 1499 54.49%
MG Hector 115 4.18%
Tata Harrier 431 15.67%
Honda Civic 57 2.07%
Hyundai Kona 130 4.73%
Toyota Camry 22 0.80%
BMW 3-Series 57 2.07%
Audi A6 4 0.15%
Voters: 2751. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 7th December 2019, 14:35   #151
BHPian

Default re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2019. EDIT: It's the Kia Seltos!

Voted for Kia Seltos. IMHO its the best package and really well executed as per the demands of the modern Indian Mid-size SUV buyer. It has variants for everyone having budget right from 11 lacs to 20 lacs. And despite the 9 lac price band for the variants, the top of the line GTX+ variant doesn't seem to be skyrocketing overpriced. Sure, its priced higher by a lac than what ought to be, but the build quality, interior fit and finish, equipment list, sheer driving pleasure more than make up for it.

Add to it, the Kia-Hyundai relationship assures peace of mind in the ASS. Definitely deserves to be the T-BHP COTY
Old 7th December 2019, 14:40   #152
BHPian

Voted for the kia seltos. Kudos to the amount of effort put in by kia in developing such a product which can cater to such a wide spectrum of buyers. There is a variant, engine and gearbox combination out there for almost everyone. Just hope that it holds up in the long run.
Old 7th December 2019, 14:44   #153
BHPian

Voted for the Kona electric.

It was a close call with the Kia Seltos, but I zeroed Iím on the Kona simply because itís more radical in its approach in my opinion. Itís the first pure electric car in India that isnít considered a toy by the general public(read Reva e2o), yet isnít grossly overpriced. Iíve seen a few of them on the roads and the green number-plate is quite an eye-catcher.

Disregarding lack of rear seat space and doubtful reliability, the Kona is a great all-round package. Itís tried and tested(albeit in international markets), feature-loaded and is not very different or weird when compared to its fuel-driven counterpart.

Iím sure it will sell more once Hyundai establishes more charging stations.
ron178 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 14:54   #154
BHPian

My Vote is a biased, since I own it.

Kia Seltos.

Next close contender is Hyundai Venue. And then the Tata Harrier.
Old 7th December 2019, 15:16   #155
BHPian

Voted for the Kia Seltos. This is undeniably the year of the Seltos. Kia has got the packaging spot on and the sales numbers are a testimonial to this. Unlike Maruti, ASS/Resale is still an unknown for Kia and the sales figures the car has achieved is purely based on its merits as a product.

Having said that, the Triber deserves a mention too because it is another well thought out design and package and has done well in sales despite Renault's reputation in the market being kind of Meh!
Old 7th December 2019, 15:26   #156
BHPian

This year's ICOTY is no brainer, Kia Seltos.

Feel sorry for harrier, the bar is raised and for the good of the buyers.
Old 7th December 2019, 15:28   #157
BHPian

Has to be the Seltos for me as well!

To other auto companies - This is how you meet customer demands.
3 automatic variants on launch, a great package, wide spread of variants and finally listening to the customers and giving automatics in the top trim after initially skipping it.

Of course, the car itself is great, and judging by the early success, it has all the potential to be as common a sight on our roads as the Creta.
Old 7th December 2019, 15:30   #158
BHPian

dear all,

There is no doubt. The vote goes for Kia Seltos. Smashing looks with value for money.
Old 7th December 2019, 15:42   #159
NKB
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

For me COTY is KIA SELTOS.. Kudos to KIA for killing it at the first go. If not Seltos my vote would have gone to TATA Harier only because it looks smashing and has amazing road presence. However poor marketing, dragged on media drives, beta version at launch and what not. TATA pulled everything that is required to kill a product which could have otherwise changed their fortune.

I believe KIA has done all the homework and understood what people want at this price point and accordingly they came up with superhit package..Sales volume speaks for it self. If I was in market looking for a car in this price range, Seltos would have been in my garage without any second thought.
Old 7th December 2019, 16:01   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

No other car stands a chance this year with the Kia Seltos in the race . The Kia Seltos is my Car of the Year as well. In a bad year for the auto industry, the Seltos has done unbelievably well
Old 7th December 2019, 16:51   #161
BHPian

I would select Kia Seltos. Being a complete newcomer to the market, setup a manufacturing unit & launching a product that is benchmark in the segment Creta has been dominating for last 4 years is a tremendous achievement.
Old 7th December 2019, 17:18   #162

Voted for the Renault Triber as I felt it is value for money and has pushed boundaries in terms of interior space and packaging, but yet retailing at an affordable price point.
robindsouza82 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 17:19   #163
BHPian

Voted for Kia Seltos.

The five seat Seltos SUV is Kiaís first model for India and has done the task of establishing the Korean carmaker in our market. It does have the right ingredients for the job. The Seltos is attractive, keenly priced and comes with a wide range of engine and gearbox options. On offer are 1.5-litre petrol, 1.4-litre turbo-petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engines, each available with manual and automatic gearbox options. Impressively, all versions of the Seltos comply with BS6 emission norms from launch.
Old 7th December 2019, 17:36   #164
BHPian

Voted for the Harrier.

Fantastic well-rounded and well-packaged offering at excellent price point. I was in the market for an SUV and would have picked Harrier over Seltos anyday because Seltos is not an SUV in the first place. I picked Hexa 4x4 eventually. Seltos offers a luxury experience at an excellent.price point which is clearly working in it's favor. A fantastic product for what it is meant to do, just like Harrier is.
5kmiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 17:39   #165
BHPian

voted for MG Hector, have seen all cars in the list, but the wow factor with MG Hector is nowhere, it looks well equipped and well built and as good as cars double the price, has commanding road presence (looks much bigger than kia and creta in flesh), interiors are superlative to say the least. hands down MG Hector, and not to say the pricing which talks being value for money in a high up segment. My Vote MG Hector.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed