Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Which is YOUR car of 2019?
Maruti S-Presso 14 0.51%
Maruti WagonR 16 0.58%
Renault Triber 231 8.40%
Hyundai Grand i10 Nios 13 0.47%
Hyundai Venue 81 2.94%
Mahindra XUV300 73 2.65%
Nissan Kicks 8 0.29%
Kia Seltos 1499 54.49%
MG Hector 115 4.18%
Tata Harrier 431 15.67%
Honda Civic 57 2.07%
Hyundai Kona 130 4.73%
Toyota Camry 22 0.80%
BMW 3-Series 57 2.07%
Audi A6 4 0.15%
Voters: 2751. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2019, 21:42   #181
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2019. EDIT: It's the Kia Seltos!

Voted for seltos! Kia has simply redefined the characterstics of a entry/mid level suv. It’s a feat itself that amid slowdown a new entity has enough enthusiasm to deliver its best without making any compromises to the product. Be it variants, drivetrains, built quality, dealership network, everything seems to be so well placed for seltos at the right time.
Old 7th December 2019, 21:50   #182
BHPian

Voted for Renault Triber ... It created a new segment all together. A first time buyer can enjoy lot of space and a complete family car. A really Value For Money product.
Selto's success reminds me again the old Onida TV advertisement. Indians are always have the same mindset. Owner's pride , neighbor's envy.
anumod is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 22:04   #183
BHPian

Voted for Kia Seltos.
Complete package with all bells and whistles with BS-VI engine.
Old 7th December 2019, 22:21   #184
BHPian

I think Kia seltos is not just the car of the year, but the car of the next year - for two reasons

The sales pipeline will mean that about 50K SUVs will be delivered next year. Also, I don't see any launches in the 10 to 20 lakh segment which will beat Kia Seltos

Already time to think about the prospective FY20 COTY - this year COTY is sorted easily
Old 7th December 2019, 22:36   #185
BHPian

Voted Kia Seltos

The Hyundai Kona for me could have been COTY but the EV days in India are still nascent.

Kia spent a lot of time in our country studying the market and instead of following the tried, tested and failed strategy of launching A or B Segment cars, they decided to jump two segments and dive right into the CSUV segment where all the action currently is.

Having bigger brother, Hyundai, in the country for longer, they must have understood what the Indian customer wants and since debut, we have been seeing the phenomenal numbers the Seltos has been gathering.

Now with their first offering doing good numbers, Kia plans to launch a vehicle that will take on the king of segment - Innova Crysta - thus showing to us that they are itching for a fight of the Indian car market.
Old 7th December 2019, 23:08   #186
BHPian

Hands down, Kia Seltos for me. There were only two cars that got me genuinely interested. Apart from Seltos, Hector was the only other car that had enough pull to get me to the showroom. However, for some reason, Hector in flesh didn’t quite cut it for me.
Old 7th December 2019, 23:23   #187

Finally that phase of the year wherein car fanatics are not biased or paid for the decision of the Car of the Year.
Well, I voted for Honda Civic. Though I am not a huge fan of Honda, but the looks of this car are excellent, like there is no loop hole left and as far as engine is concerned Honda is known for its excellency in that aspect too.
Old 7th December 2019, 23:53   #188
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Harrier.

Agreed, there would be many rougher edges and ergonomics for driver needs attention. But the way this car can masks speeds is simply amazing. This was one aspect which is enough for Harrier to earn my vote. And presence on road is noteworthy as well. Its not the best and has a few things Tata should rework, and in future there is a probability of Tata addressing those concerns making Harrier a more formidable product.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 7th December 2019 at 23:54.
aaggoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 23:53   #189
BHPian

Renault Triber is my choice. You can move lots of people in one car for Weekend Trips and it's thoughtfully designed. This car will do to the Indian Car scene what Wagon R did to the hatchback segment almost 2 decades ago.
Due to the pathetic traffic on weekdays, the car usage will go down for office commute. So the weekend highway trips need such practical cars. Kudos to Renault !!��
HooghlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 00:34   #190

Voted for Kia SELTOS. Being an ardent Tata fan my heart almost made me to vote for Harrier but my mind says Seltos is a better car than harrier (atleast the end product). This year its going to be unanimously SELTOS . There were so many launches this year but still no tough contender for COTY. Happy to see TRIBER is getting so many enthusiasts love.
Old 8th December 2019, 00:37   #191
BHPian

Maybe it will be a spanner to this process, and uncalled judgement on a rather celebratory thread. But after looking at the options - and that too second year running, sincerely feel we should have a NOTA tab for voting as well.

My reason? None of the cars that I can afford got me even remotely interested to head towards the showroom. And the three that I can’t right now, can be best said evolutionary, rather than revolutionary.
Old 8th December 2019, 00:48   #192
BHPian

This year has been extremely bad for automakers. The sales have plummeted and the auto industry huddled into reviving the sector. Amid all this there is one automaker which stood apart and took the sales by storm and that’s KIA with Seltos. Hence voted for Seltos. Kia has started with a star performance in the Indian market, a market which is not easy to please as the customers are very conscious and squeeze every penny out for value. Hope to see Kia maintaining this strong run with the introduction of new products as well.
Old 8th December 2019, 06:41   #193
BHPian

Hyundai Kona it is.

Its a step in the direction which most manufacturers want to tap and Hyundai has taken the lead. Ofcourse pricing could have been better (dont we feel that for any vehicle), but since it is still evolving, the complete package with a long term warranty on battery is not a bad deal.
Old 8th December 2019, 06:43   #194
Team-BHP Support

I could not vote as I have not driven any of the listed cars except Tata Harrier. I was in India 2 weeks back and saw a lot of Seltoses, quite a few Harriers and a few MG Hectors. All of them looked good. I could not take any picture of the Seltos but took a couple of pictures of a Hector from Punjab parked beside my Bolero. It looked quite big! I wish I had a few more days in hand so that I could test drive the Seltos/Hector and participate in this poll. But it seems that Kia Seltos will be a winner by a huge margin.

Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2019. EDIT: It's the Kia Seltos!-img_5844.jpg

Last edited by BlackPearl : 8th December 2019 at 06:49.
Old 8th December 2019, 07:18   #195
BHPian

Voted for triber, being most practical car currently in indian shores.
navrddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed