Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2019, 12:48   #1
Senior - BHPian

Isuzu offering 8 year / 2 lakh km warranty on MU-X engine & gearbox

Isuzu is now offering a 3 year / 50,000 km extended warranty on the powertrain for the MU-X (BS4). This is in addition to the 5-year comprehensive warranty and 5-year free periodic maintenance for 1,50,000 km. The extended warranty comes at no additional cost.

Isuzu offering 8 year / 2 lakh km warranty on MU-X engine & gearbox-image-1.-isuzu-mux.jpg

The 5 year / 1,50,000 km warranty and free periodic maintenance was launched as part of the 5ecure package in 2018. The latter includes PMS parts, lubricants and labour costs. It does not cover wear & tear and accidental damage related repairs. The package is also transferrable.

The 3 year / 50,000 km extended warranty will be available on the MU-X (BS4) till December 31, 2019.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by GTO : 13th December 2019 at 16:31.
TusharK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 14:55   #2
BHPian

re: Isuzu offering 8 year / 2 lakh km warranty on MU-X engine & gearbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Isuzu is now offering a 3 year / 50,000 km extended warranty on the powertrain for the MU-X (BS4). This is in addition to the 5-year comprehensive warranty and 5-year free periodic maintenance for 1,50,00 km. The extended warranty comes at no additional cost.

Link to Team-BHP News
Welcome move by Isuzu! Sooner we will have other manufacturers giving 8 to 10 years of warranty.

I think you meant 1,50,00 kms in the first para.
bronco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 16:35   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Isuzu offering 8 year / 2 lakh km warranty on MU-X engine & gearbox

I appreciate the 5 year warranty & maintenance package, but this 8-year thing is a clever marketing gimmick. It's only for the engine & gearbox which frankly, few people have trouble with as long as they follow the recommended service schedules. Also, max 10% of owners will ever hit 200,000 km in 8 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco View Post
Sooner we will have other manufacturers giving 8 to 10 years of warranty.
Honda leads the charge with a 10-year extended warranty (link (Honda India now offers 10-year warranty!)).
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 18:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Isuzu offering 8 year / 2 lakh km warranty on MU-X engine & gearbox

Honestly, this vehicle is the one I'd buy if I was in the market for a seven seater premium SUV. It has the presence and capabilities of the Endeavour and Fortuner, solid mechanicals, great warranty and is much much cheaper. Fanstastic value for money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I appreciate the 5 year warranty & maintenance package, but this 8-year thing is a clever marketing gimmick. It's only for the engine & gearbox which frankly, few people have trouble with as long as they follow the recommended service schedules.
Don't think Ford is putting one out anytime soon! https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...not-india.html (Ford Endeavour 3.2 AT - Gearbox failure. Recalled in other countries, but not in India!)

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 13th December 2019 at 18:13.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 19:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

No need to be cynical. I am glad that manufacturers have confidence in their product to offer such long warranty programs. What ever is the probability of failure, having an extended warranty on the engine and the gearbox (automatic) is a good card to have.
Other components are anyway subject to wear and tear , t&c over such long periods upto 8 yrs.
F150 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 19:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

Good move, now let's see if the numbers move
Old 14th December 2019, 21:48   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Honestly, this vehicle is the one I'd buy if I was in the market for a seven seater premium SUV. It has the presence and capabilities of the Endeavour and Fortuner, solid mechanicals, great warranty and is much much cheaper. Fanstastic value for money!

Don't think Ford is putting one out anytime soon! https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...not-india.html (Ford Endeavour 3.2 AT - Gearbox failure. Recalled in other countries, but not in India!)
Not to forget the best in class ride quality!

I test drove all of the three cars last week back to back and noticed the following about the seats and ride quality:
1. Fortuner has the seating space and comfort in all the three rows but low speed ride quality is choppy while high speed ride quality is the flattest of the three SUVs.
2. Endeavour feels good in the front seats but middle row seat isnt that great while last row is only for small children.
Ride quality is not that great at high speeds but better than fortuner at low speeds
3. MUX is best of the three in front and middle row seats for seating comfort, last row is also good but has limited leg room due to non-sliding middle row, otherwise last row also could have been best in class. Low speed ride quality is easily the best in class in all three rows and high speed ride is not as flat as fortuner but still very good.

Personally I will choose MUX over other two for all the points you have mentioned + better overall comfort.

Last edited by 46TheDoctor : 14th December 2019 at 21:53.
Old 16th December 2019, 15:27   #8
BHPian

Any idea about the BS6 compliant version coming in near future? We have a new Dmax 2020 recently announced in Thailand which looks really up to date and will be great to see some of the features making its way to Mu-X in India along with a BS6 compliant engine.
Old 16th December 2019, 16:17   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Also, max 10% of owners will ever hit 200,000 km in 8 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46TheDoctor View Post
Not to forget the best in class ride quality!
MUX is best of the three in front and middle row seats for seating comfort, last row is also good but has limited leg room due to non-sliding middle row, otherwise last row also could have been best in class. Low speed ride quality is easily the best in class in all three rows and high speed ride is not as flat as fortuner but still very good.
I guess a few hotels/cabbies who would have chosen the Fortuner will pick the MU-X instead.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks