Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2007, 09:23   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
5 years is a along time over and above the std 2 yr warranty. Most BMW owners will change their cars before 7 yrs.
1.5 Lakhs doesnt seem much for 5 years but BMW should consider coming out with a plan for 2 or 3 years for a cheaper price, that would be perfect.
I agree but as GTO mentioned a lot of people can afford a C class or a 3 Series but still opt for a accord or skoda. And one of the main reasons being expensive maintainance. Im sure the people who stretch their budjet to buy a C or a 3 value and want it to last much more.

Another plus can be the re-sale value of BMWs for the people who want to sell it after 2/3 years.

WoW! BMW is doing justice to all its potential buyers. On the other hand, MB took advantage of its monopoly.
Old 28th February 2007, 09:32   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
1.5 L? are u sure? coz thats a lllooottt of money and dude ure partial to the BMW and Porsches till u hear what their parts cost.
V-16, while the cost of parts might be the same or more, I guess the point iraghava was making was that Bimmer/Porsche's are more reliable. No experience with Mercs but I owned an 84 944 and an 84 911 a few years back. Over the combined 7 years I had the cars, only thing to go wrong was a power steering o-ring failure on the 944 and an alternator on the 911. The alternator hadn't failed, it just put out less juice than required and it was playing havoc with the security system.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 28th February 2007, 09:44   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now if anybody could give me the contact number for BMW India it would be great since I need to inquire for extended warranty and service for the M5!!
PM with details sent.

Quote:
5 years is a along time over and above the std 2 yr warranty. Most BMW owners will change their cars before 7 yrs.
Correction. The 5 year coverage includes the 2 years standard warranty.
Old 28th February 2007, 12:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
1.5 L? are u sure? coz thats a lllooottt of money and dude ure partial to the BMW and Porsches till u hear what their parts cost. See, there are far too many mercs in India a comapared to the other brands so the parts availability in the grey market is abundunt as compared to BMW and Porsche, wherein u may get certain parts only but the rest u have to source it from the company directly, tahts where u get whacked. Not all parts are available in the grey market for the Bimmer or the Porsche.
Yes sir 1.5L from Merc, seen the official bill & estimate! Tried sourcing one from the market but didn't work since the sensors were some new ones which didn't work with the pump, bloody frustating I can tell you that.

And as for BM's & Porkers parts prices, sir we shall cross the bridge when we own them! Till then let me enjoy my happy dreams of M3's, M5's, 911 Turbo's et all!!

Last edited by iraghava : 28th February 2007 at 12:01.
Old 5th March 2007, 14:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

More good news for prospective BMW customers,

BMW India is about to follow Skoda's footsteps by reducing the prices of its locally assembled cars - including the 3-series and the 5-series - effective from April 1.

The company will slash prices across the range due to the implications of the Budget, such as fall of peak rate of basic Customs duty from 12.5 per cent to 10 per cent, levy of one per cent as education cess with immediate effect and reduction of Central sales tax (CST) from four per cent to three per cent effective from April 1.

DaimlerChrysler India, another maker of luxury cars, has refrained from changing the prices of the C- Class, E-class and S-class models that are locally assembled. The introduction of additional education cess will not be passed on to customers, a company spokesperson said.

Source:
The Hindu Business Line : BMW plans price cut on locally assembled cars
Old 5th March 2007, 14:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

How much does a base 3 series Petrol cost in India? I think they will price it a bit higher than C class, to factor in the warranty..
Old 5th March 2007, 18:39   #22
BHPian

Someone needs to find a price list of the locally produced models now..
Old 5th March 2007, 22:00   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Thats a really good point. But think of the second hand market. Imagine buying a 2 year old 3 series and using it for 3 years without having to worry about maintaining the car for that period.
Bang on, khanak! The 5 year cover would mean that the beemers retain their value a little better, while at the same time making it a great used car buy (when it is still under the 5 year long cover).

Which means:

1. New beemer owners have peace of mind with a 5 year cover.
2. When they decide to sell, the car would fetch a better price.
3. The used car buyer gets a car that is still under warranty.

Other manufacturers please take notice...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks