Team-BHP - Ford India to consolidate market gains
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Ford India to consolidate market gains (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/21728-ford-india-consolidate-market-gains.html)

Source: domain-B : Indian business : companies : Ford India : Ford India to consolidate market gains

Ford India Private Limited has taken a pause to consolidate its gains and incorporate into the interiors of all its models, the suggestions and feedback it has received from customers.

According to Scott McCormack, vice president, marketing, sales and service, the Ford Ikon and other models will soon sport some changes suggested by customers. "We will also launch new marketing campaigns for all our models. The new Fiesta variant 1.4-litre petrol ZXi Duratec is the result of customer feedback."

From now on, the company proposes to focus on the domestic market. Apart from modifying the interiors and new marketing campaign, the company is planning to expand its distribution network by going to smaller cities.

"We are studying the possibilities of setting up dealerships in 60 smaller cities and towns. The idea is to double our dealer network. This year we will appoint between 10 and 20 new dealers," said McCormack.

Presently the company has 115 dealers across 74 cities. The company is revamping all is dealerships under Ford Brand@Retail.

Quote:

According to Scott McCormack, vice president, marketing, sales and service, the Ford Ikon and other models will soon sport some changes suggested by customers. "We will also launch new marketing campaigns for all our models. The new Fiesta variant 1.4-litre petrol ZXi Duratec is the result of customer feedback."

I thought the Fiesta was built based upon feedback from the Ikon.... and now all over again? What can we expect as changes to the Ikon? A horizontal rear parcel shelf, as compared to the current sloping one? Boot opener from inside the car as standard fitment? Better interiors? Better brakes?

In that case, they should have brought these in long back, considering the Ikon's lifespan in the market. Maybe with the success they are enjying now thanks to both the Ikon as well as the Fiesta, they have decided to swing into action.

All said and done.. i still love the Ikon. :Cheering:

Well I think the changes to Ford Ikon would only be restricted to better interiors.

As per the article from now on, the company proposes to focus on the domestic market. Apart from modifying the interiors and new marketing campaign, the company is planning to expand its distribution network by going to smaller cities.

I guess A.S.S is a top priority. Not bad, atleast they are doing something about it. Ford was as it is not known for A.S.S.

Hope this is a start of series of initiative in positive direction

I've always maintained that Ford is the serious contender between Ford and GM in India. Their concentrated made-for-India Fiesta is an example. And their products are well engineered. Its nice of Ford to follow their hardwork with this "janata darshan"

Good to see Ford trying to revamp its image. Atleast they realise that the shody A.S.S image has to go.

Quote:

In that case, they should have brought these in long back, considering the Ikon's lifespan in the market. Maybe with the success they are enjying now thanks to both the Ikon as well as the Fiesta, they have decided to swing into action.
@Benbsb29 - spot on man! The ikon has been in the market a loooong time and whenever it needs a nip n tuck, they decide to call it a customer feedback exercise!

You get this sinking feeling when the manufacturer decides to add new features like drivers seat height adjustment, rear de-mister etc just months after you bought the same model of the car!

The Ikon has drivers seat height adjusters in most models, but Ford didnt put it in the Fiesta (you have to buy the SXi for that!) So now if Ford tells me that they are about to add seat height levers to the Fiesta ZXi, i'm going to be throwing a fit ! ;)

Wait guys they may have just heard that the current Ikon feels a tad underpowered so they may have decided to plonk in the 1.6 on the Ikon 1.3!!

long live the Ikon

Well jokes apart, changes to the interiors of the Ikon would be welcome, but too late. In my ZXi (Previously SXi trim) I have to bend forward everytime I have to operate the power window switches. The Gear lever (although a delight to use) is too far down. But then these glitches are well covered by the fantastic handling and the super-responsive engine (even the 1.3 feels pretty responsive)

Quote:

The Ikon has drivers seat height adjusters in most models, but Ford didnt put it in the Fiesta (you have to buy the SXi for that!) So now if Ford tells me that they are about to add seat height levers to the Fiesta ZXi, i'm going to be throwing a fit !
@MaserQ : The Flair is the sole survivor among the Ikon clan for now, and they werent kind enough to provide seat height adjustment, or even steering wheel adjustment. Boot release lever too missing?? God..!!
These come in.... and i wud join you in throwing a fit..!!!

Quote:

Well jokes apart, changes to the interiors of the Ikon would be welcome, but too late. In my ZXi (Previously SXi trim) I have to bend forward everytime I have to operate the power window switches. The Gear lever (although a delight to use) is too far down. But then these glitches are well covered by the fantastic handling and the super-responsive engine (even the 1.3 feels pretty responsive)
@1100D : The position where the power window switches is currently located is defintely a point worth looking at. I need to take my eyes off the road although momentarily to locate them ! The gear lever position seems fine with me... in that case, check out the one on the Fiesta.... feels weird to hold... hehe..

Having more service centres and dealers is a step in the right direction, which would mean more competition, and which should be healthy.

ET reports that Ford India is on it's way to earn the tag of the fastest growing automaker in the country for this year. Ford sales are growing the fastest at 63.5%. Fiesta is largely responsible for the heavy sales growth. In 2006, Ford sold 42,000+ cars clocking a growth of 88% over 2005. Great going Ford! Hope they manage to keep up the pace and introduce more exciting cars in the future.

Source: Economic Times.

just hoping they revive the ikon 1.6 again....
Rear boot releaser should HAVE BEEN THERE on all models...ive got it in my '00 ikon so..shouldnt you guys have it too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by danlalan (Post 388831)
just hoping they revive the ikon 1.6 again....
Rear boot releaser should HAVE BEEN THERE on all models...ive got it in my '00 ikon so..shouldnt you guys have it too.

Yes, they do have boot release levers in Ikons from '00 on. Correct me if i'm wrong...i think the earliest Ikons had 1 reverse light and no rear de-fogger/boot release!!

Looks like Ford are going to be selling the Ikon for a few more years, with customer feedback interiors and exteriors every year (!!!), so why not plonk the 1.6 into the 1.3 for extra josh AND the 1.4 TDCi for extra duratorque!

IMO they do following:
1) Lower spare part prices so as to make ownership cost bearable after TMP

2) Make TMP period to 4 years.

3) Put 1.4 L petrol/diesel as option on Fusion, and bring Fusion pricing on par with Swift/Getz. Re-introduce ABS on Fusion.

Good going Ford...
As for the ikon.... still manages to please. A friend of mine who purchased the Swift regrets his decision after trying out my Ikon.

I had a look at the new Ikon at a roadshow organized by one of the Ford dealers here in Bangalore. I dint really like the looks of the new displays.
The beige interiors although seem more lively.... but wud get dirtier soon.

The other day I had a call with Ford ROAD SIDE ASSISTANCE. I had to call because I had a flat tire. As it was late in the day and I was pretty tired I didnt want to give a try myself.

Me: Rings...1.2.3.4.5.6.....rings..
Ford: Halloo:
Me: Is this Ford roadside assistance?
Ford: HAllooo..Sir
Me: Yes I can hear you. Is this ford?
Ford: Yes
Me: OK. I have a flat tire..
Ford: Hello...What sir?
Me: I have a flat tire. I am in the outskirts of the city. Could you..
Ford: Puncture? Where are you?
Me: 50 kms away from the city.
Ford: Ahmmm. Sir it will be difficult for us to come there.
Me: I will pay. Please see if you can send some one
Ford: Sir, our guys are attending a breakdown. You please get help from some passer by..
Me: Is it? Cant you send some one here?
Ford: No sir. (Hanged up)

It was just one off situation. In our country I repeatedly notice that any business (read small, medium) when they take the phone they don't tell their company or business name. They just simply keep saying hello, what , tell me!!

Ford can improve!

OK. off topic!