Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2012, 09:51   #136
BANNED

Re: Hyundai i30 - Hyundai's next model for India?

Hyundai i30 gets attacked by baboons, passes baboon test

Hyundai i30 attacked by baboons at Knowsley Safari Park - Hyundai i30 gets attacked by baboons, passes baboon test
balechaparka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 16:56   #137
E63
BANNED

Hyundai is planning to bring its i30 premium hatchback in India around October this year during festive season. This was revealed by Rakesh Srivastava, senior vice-president, marketing and sales, Hyundai Motor India Ltd who also divulged that the car will be ‘definitely’ priced under Rs 10 lakh.

Speaking to Financial Express, Mr Srivastava said, “The i20 is among the finest hatchbacks in the country, but we also believe that above the i20, there is room for a very premium hatchback. Therefore, we are planning to come up with a new car that will be slotted above the i20. By this year-end we may come up with a new, very premium hatchback.”

Source: http://www.carwale.com/news/13468-hy...nd-diwali.html
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i30 - Hyundai's next model for India?-hyundaii30leftfrontthreequarter27855_l.jpg  

Hyundai i30 - Hyundai's next model for India?-hyundaii30leftfrontthreequarter27856.jpg  

Hyundai i30 - Hyundai's next model for India?-hyundaii30interior27857.jpg  

E63 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 17:17   #138
BHPian

Hi. The images are of the hatchback avatar of the Elantra. I suspect that the car the Hyundai guy is referring to will be the new global i20, already undergoing testing in India, and not the i30. Guess they'll continue to offer the current i20, as they often do with previous-gen models when the new one is launched. An 'i20 Grande'-type branding for the new, bigger hatchback?
Old 11th June 2014, 17:29   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdemona View Post
I suspect that the car the Hyundai guy is referring to will be the new global i20
You are right. The New i20 will be the same that will be globally unveiled in Paris this October. This Premium hatch will be priced in the Sedan range and could open up a new segment.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 12:08   #140
BHPian

Guys, any more news about the launch? Is it going to be the i30 or something like an i20 grand. I'm contemplating whether I should wait for this car or go ahead with my verna booking. Any inputs on this will be very helpful. Thanks.
Old 7th July 2014, 12:18   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 275BHP View Post
Guys, any more news about the launch? Is it going to be the i30 or something like an i20 grand. I'm contemplating whether
Global debut will be in Paris - October 2014. Sale in India is expected to be in around the same time frame - Sep-Oct.

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th July 2014 at 12:20.
Old 7th July 2014, 12:59   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Global debut will be in Paris - October 2014. Sale in India is expected to be in around the same time frame - Sep-Oct.
Is it the i30 or i20 grand? The local sales man seemed confused when I asked him this.
Old 10th February 2016, 10:35   #143
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai confirms launch of i30. The Hyundai i30, displayed at the 2016 Auto Expo is slated for a late 2016 launch and will be priced just under Rs 10 lakh for the entry level version.

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...m_content=news
RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 10:51   #144

I have to say, even though Maruti Suzuki is the market leader, as far as introducing segment defining cars goes, Hyundai remains on top. I distinctly remember Maruti introducing WagonR after Hyundai came in with Santro, now Baleno against Elite I20. Now Hyundai has come up with I30. Your move MSIL.
naphill is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 11:56   #145
BHPian

Hallelujah!, the car i have been waiting for is finally going to be launched. According to me this is a better car than the current C segment sedans for a bachelor who loves to travel and a small family. Did so much touring in Oz with this beauty. The highway range of this thing is fantastic.
There is a hole around the 10 to 15 lac price point this can fill providing the customers accept a smaller boot than the current C segment. There is a small chance this will work owing to the acceptance of a hatch against a C segment sedan. The caveats being higher pricing than the C segment and the fuel efficiency will be from the D segment range.
If it does work it will herald the arrival of the beauties like Focus and Golf and may be the RS and GTI, one can dream. Time to get back to reality now.
Car-tya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 12:52   #146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-tya View Post
Hallelujah!, the car i have been waiting for is finally going to be launched. According to me this is a better car than the current C segment sedans for a bachelor who loves to travel and a small family.
+1

We always argue that the premium hatchbacks like Elite i20 and Baleno are better than their compact sedan competition like Xcent and DZire. Same applies here.

i30 will be a much better car compared to the likes of Honda City, Verna etc as it's basically the Elantra without the boot. Truly looking forward to the launch. If this one car succeeds like the i20 once did, it will create a segment that inspires manufacturers to launch products like the Fiesta hatch, Golf etc.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 14:03   #147
BHPian

i30 hatchback displayed in the auto expo is matching the S-Cross in length & width!
That makes it the longest hatchback in the country (ignoring any hatchbacks from luxury brands) that actually is matching some C2 segment sedans and SUVs!

Note also that, the slashed prices of S-Cross DDiS 320 starts just under 10L. If we consider that price a bench mark, the petrol price of a Hyundai hatchback a little bit lesser than this figure when launched seems fair deal.

Hyundai is surely playing a major role in our country in increasing the want for better cars. First with very good interiors, and then with their big hatchbacks (Getz, i20). Now majority of the manufacturers have premium cars that are sticking to 4m rule. Hyundai comes again, going over it, offering a longish hatchback! Nice!
hybridpetrol is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 16:20   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

In my view the i30 is the true successor of Hyundai Getz, even though its half a segment larger. The i20 with the low torque 1.2 petrol motor, lack of a successful auto transmission and very lightly set up steering currently does come anywhere close, the diesel engine perhaps can compete. Build quality though it is not even close to the Getz.

I feel the i30 has all those issues sorted, it is spec to spec heavier than VW Golf, has been praised for a true European feel and has always gotten 5 stars for safety. I bet the minimum engine size would be 1.4 or 1.6, it would be more spacious than say a City or VW Vento whilst being more compact and it has the flexsteer variable steering mode system. Makes great sense at 15L on road for auto-petrol. My wait begins.

Last edited by dark.knight : 23rd February 2016 at 16:22.
Old 23rd February 2016, 17:36   #149
BHPian

Aesthetics wise, Hyundai has another masterpiece amongst them. i20s success story has a lot to do with its overall looks despite a not so promisong petrol engine. I'm sure if priced well, this will surely give a lot of competition to S-Cross, Honda City(?). When is the launch expected?
Old 23rd February 2016, 19:55   #150
BHPian

I have a question. Since the new Elantra has come out internationally, and this is related to the previous Elantra (which was again displayed at the auto expo 2016), is this not already outdated?

If so, should Hyundai not launch the new one instead by waiting a bit
vipul_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks