Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2007, 09:03   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
bt ho can they launch a sedan wont it be very close fit between verna and the elantra?
It will be Elantra replacement.
But i'm still confused Elantra 2007 doing a great job and read comments on youtube.com Elantra 2007 in America is really beating the hell out of civics and corollas there. I was expecting Elantra 2007 as old elantra replacement but hindustan times article said i30 as replacement of old elantra.

I still can't believe if i30 will replace it not that sexy powerful babe Elantra 2007 will replace it.

I was waiting for New Elantra 2007 to launch in India, as i need to buy a new car and waiting for it.

1.8L Petrol and 2.0L VGT (same engine used in Sonata) expected for New Elantra. But dunno whats going on... Really don't have any idea. Please if someone have a trusted source let us know. i30 will replace old elantra or New Elantra 2007 will replace it?
Old 26th November 2007, 16:21   #62
Senior - BHPian

The i30 diesel won the CARSguide car of the year, Australia and also the CARSguide Green car of the year award for it's frugal and environmentally friendly performance. And to think the Delhi government wants to ban diesel engined cars!

The car achieved 3.2L/100kms and beat cars like VW Golf Tsi, Mercedes C280, Ford Mondeo, BMW 335i, BMW X5 and Volco C30 to take the car of the year award. i30 scored 94 out of a total of 99 points. Looks like the Aussies are in love with the i30.

Source: Canadian Driver.
Old 26th November 2007, 20:33   #63
BHPian

More of i30

I made another trip to South Korea! Saw more i30s this time. When I went for lunch, I saw a Red i30, a real beauty parked next to envy green Spark :-)

The grill treatment makes one doubt if it were a Honda.

Pretty impressive car. Took a lot of other pictures too (New elantra, Grandeur, and previous generation Optra (called Nubira, and later Lacetti) too - Will post them in some relevant thread) - I now have enough photos to write a photo essay on "Cars evolution in South Korea"

Regards
Sriram

Old 1st January 2008, 11:21   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I made another trip to South Korea! Saw more i30s this time. When I went for lunch, I saw a Red i30, a real beauty parked next to envy green Spark :-)

The grill treatment makes one doubt if it were a Honda.

Pretty impressive car. Took a lot of other pictures too (New elantra, Grandeur, and previous generation Optra (called Nubira, and later Lacetti) too - Will post them in some relevant thread) - I now have enough photos to write a photo essay on "Cars evolution in South Korea"

Regards
Sriram

Hey nice work. But, Hyundai DID IT AGAIN
stolen Civic's grill design? Bravo Hyundai
Old 1st January 2008, 11:46   #65
BHPian

if hyundai is ever going to release i30 in india than i will be one of the first customer to book it for my dad since he doesnt like sedans but still wants a spacious car.
somehow i'm not impressed by the skoda fabia whereas chevy srv has average interiors and refinement.
i30 on the other hand looks brilliant, has awesome interiors and impressive safety and luxury features. Engine also seems to be refined and powerful. Looks like a complete car minus the boot.
Old 1st January 2008, 13:38   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
if hyundai is ever going to release i30 in india than i will be one of the first customer to book it for my dad since he doesnt like sedans but still wants a spacious car.
somehow i'm not impressed by the skoda fabia whereas chevy srv has average interiors and refinement.
i30 on the other hand looks brilliant, has awesome interiors and impressive safety and luxury features. Engine also seems to be refined and powerful. Looks like a complete car minus the boot.
i30 will come with a boot i.e Sedan in India. Right now it has 2.0L engine under its hood and feedbacks on mileage is superb.
Old 1st January 2008, 14:59   #67
Senior - BHPian

I doubt i30 will come anytime soon, they plan to aunch the new Elantra and then the i20
Old 1st January 2008, 17:07   #68
BHPian

[SIZE=1][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3]current i30 is designed for Europe (Hatch version) which is placed against Ford focus, Opel Astra, Corolla, Civic,.....and VW Golf. Another competitor is Kia CEED (nothing but the i30) comes with 7 years warrenty. i30 offers 5 years. I am not sure they will offer the same for Indian customers. [/SIZE][SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Raj
Old 1st January 2008, 19:06   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I doubt i30 will come anytime soon, they plan to aunch the new Elantra and then the i20
New Elantra = i30 sedan or the one in America right now as Elantra 2007
Any source of information on this because hindustan times told that i30 will be coming as elantra replacement in India as Sedan.
As i said i'm also confused in this, either new elantra or i30?
New Elantra looks great in features if compared to i30 and will prefer Elantra 2007 over i30.
Old 1st January 2008, 19:51   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
New Elantra = i30 sedan or the one in America right now as Elantra 2007
Top Gear this month says Elantra 2007 is coming this Auto Expo.
Old 2nd January 2008, 02:17   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
US they are launching it as Elantra 2008 and it is a sedan, based on i30 platform
Hyundai Motor America - 2008 Hyundai Elantra Sedan

The interiors looks same as i30 and It looks like a liftback. Hyundai may launch the same in India.
Old 2nd January 2008, 09:22   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Yepiee i havnt read any of the auto mag due to busy month. Need to read it now. I was damn waiting to see elantra 2007 to launch in India.
Old 26th May 2008, 07:15   #73
BHPian

Hyundai i30 sedan or the new Hyundai Elantra?????

WHich of these cars do you will reach our near by Hyundai showrooms in the near future. The Elantra name might not even be used as it was a total disaster for Hyundai in terms of sales. The new Hyundai is very impressive and better looking than the outgoing model. The i30 is a remarkable achievement by hyundai in terms of performance, styling, drivability and value for money. So which of these cars do you think would make it here.....
Old 26th May 2008, 10:25   #74
Senior - BHPian

i30 is a hatchback, SRV sized, whereas new Elantra would be an improved Elantra Sedan.
Old 13th June 2008, 15:07   #75
BHPian

What model this one going to replace?

Guys, saw this model i30 in my company car park (also read newspaper ads for launching i10 and i30) in this region (Brunei). Looked very neat and solid build, good interiors, sporty stance. But it is not as big as Elantra and looks bigger than Getz for sure. Wondering is this a new segment all together? or the replacement for Getz in India?

Moderator's note: Usage of external image hosters is prohibited - now uploaded to Team-BHP servers. Images have to be uploaded directly to Team-BHP, as is detailed in our Announcements section.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i30 - Hyundai's next model for India?-x.jpg  

Hyundai i30 - Hyundai's next model for India?-y.jpg  

Hyundai i30 - Hyundai's next model for India?-z.jpg  

Last edited by theMAG : 13th June 2008 at 19:37.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks