Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2020, 12:25   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass 4x4 Diesel AT BS6 coming in lower variants

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Here is the updated price list with extended warranty details,

Attachment 1973727
2018 November I was checking Longitude(O) and after discounts/NCB, I could get one at 21.8Lacs or so. The same car is now 4-5lacs costlier
PrideRed is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 16:09   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
2018 November I was checking Longitude(O) and after discounts/NCB, I could get one at 21.8Lacs or so. The same car is now 4-5lacs costlier
If you snooze you lose

I hope people are jumping on board before the prices go even higher. FCA bumps their prices faster than inflation in Venezuela.
imranstael is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 16:13   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imranstael View Post
FCA bumps their prices faster than inflation in Venezuela.
Well, their monthly sales volumes will trend in inverse proportion to the prices, I am sure
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 07:57   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you snooze you lose

I hope people are jumping on board before the prices go even higher. FCA bumps their prices faster than inflation in Venezuela.
No regrets. I had bought a Crysta then after dropping Compass. At these prices Jeep is digging their own grave.
Old 29th February 2020, 10:01   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
No regrets. I had bought a Crysta then after dropping Compass. At these prices Jeep is digging their own grave.
The Innova is comfortable and big, but how will you cope with its lack of offroad capability? Surely that was a requirement when you were considering the Compass right?
Old 2nd March 2020, 15:30   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Innova is comfortable and big, but how will you cope with its lack of offroad capability? Surely that was a requirement when you were considering the Compass right?
Offroading on a 4x2 Longitude is not happening and was not my requirement. Highway car was my requirement.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 20:14   #97
BHPian

Well i have a slightly different take, I test drove the automatic Harrier XZ (170bhp) and the Compass Diesel Automatic back to back. Former costs 23L and latter some 27L (Longitude) on road (rack rates). Yes, compass costs 18% more but it's worth every %. Quality of equipment, ride (especially off-road) and handling is far superior like 50%. Now the longitude doesn't have as many fancy features but has everything to fall in love including the AWD, better suspensions and gearbox.
Rajiv0909 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th April 2020, 08:45   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post
Yes, compass costs 18% more but it's worth every %.
I would agree on the features, quality etc. However, the advantage that Harrier has is that it is one size bigger in terms of interior space. For someone like me for whom an SUV has to have AWD/4WD along with Automatic the compass is a no brainer, but for someone who doesn't care about AWD/4WD, the Harrier makes a compelling case.
4x4addict is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th June 2020, 16:39   #99
BHPian

I had a brief test drive of the Jeep Compass Limited Plus 4X4 Diesel Automatic and here are my impressions:

- I had the chance to drive it through slow moving traffic and open stretches. The gearbox is extremely smooth in slow moving traffic. The creep function is progressive, similar to clutch release action in a diesel car. Gear changes are imperceptible in these scenarios and overall it was a relaxing traffic drive experience.

- The story is slightly different during open stretch driving situations. There is a minute lag when you floor the accelerator before the response kicks in and when it does, its much more linear and progressive now. Its definitely not as fun to drive as the manual.

- There is no sports mode or paddle shifters. Clearly, this gearbox is meant for sedate driving.

- I got the feeling that the gearbox was sapping a lot of power from the engine. I distinctly remember more sprightly acceleration when I drove the manual version. This could also be due to the more linear tuning of the BS 6 engine.

- I could not recreate a scenario where the gearbox was hunting for the right gear. I think the ECU is well tuned regarding the same and even though there is a perceptible lag before downshifts, it usually ends up in the right gear.

- The gearbox does help masking the turbo lag to a large extent but then as per reports, the manual variant too has lesser turbo lag now, in the BS 6 version.

- I was really disappointed with the braking performance. I am not sure if this is the case with all automatics but I think the braking distance has increased quite a bit compared to the manual car. This needs to taken into consideration and the driving style needs to altered accordingly.

Overall, the Jeep Compass Diesel Auto is an excellent city slicker and a decent highway cruiser but those people looking at the compass from a enjoyable driving perspective, better stick with the manual variants.

The on road price for the Longitude automatic is 28 lakhs and the limited plus automatic is 32 lakhs, here in Kochi. There are no offers running currently for the automatics.

Last edited by Sheel : 13th June 2020 at 16:46. Reason: Break = Brake.
Fury is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 11:04   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The gearbox was a huge chink in the armour. It just felt too lazy and slow to respond to the right foot. It looked like it robbed the engine of 30BHP just by not being responsive + No sports mode and no paddle shifts.
These were exactly my emotions when I test drove the Limited plus AT last week. I’m currently in Goa, and surprisingly, that’s the only model available for a TD right now! I wonder if the current MT spec packs more of a punch.

I have liked the Jeep. My folks stay in Pune and my Goa Pune visits would continue. After having owned a dsg based car before, I don’t think this auto box is as fun! (Not reliability, but torque wise)

I have two things to ask:

1. Is there a write up somewhere comparing both these gear boxes in the diesel variant.

2. What is the torque limitation to the 9 speed auto box?

Thanks!
humbleroadster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 01:36   #101
BHPian

Hi, can any Jeep Compass owners or reviewers confirm whether the front passenger seat folds fully forward like in Tiguan? It is mentioned so in brochure.

Attaching a screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass 4x4 Diesel AT BS6 coming in lower variants-f679d69c02cb459588d512e706c5d1dc.png  

Old 24th October 2020, 23:54   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Other than no. of airbags, what else does Longitude miss out on, versus the Limited Plus?
https://www.jeep-india.com/compass/specifications.html

There you go. IMHO other than leather seats, sunroof (for those who like it) and auto dimming IRVM the other add-OND can be given a miss.
BTW the Mopar insurance rates seem to be very high.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks