Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2017, 10:59   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Long stay car parking @ Indian airports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
I gave my car to the valet at the Hyderabad airport and they charged me Rs.700 for 3 days, I think that is a reasonable price.
Is there a valet concept in Hyderabad airport? How does it work? I am looking to leave my car for a day early next month and would appreciate if you can share some details.

Are these people available round the clock and is it safe? I will be reaching the airport at 3:30AM and returning to the airport around 11PM the same day.

Thanks in advance,
Ashis
Old 5th June 2017, 14:26   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
AFAIK, P3 does not have long-stay/overnight parking. I guess you could park for more than a day, but you would be paying per hour.

Only P2 has the overnight parking option with per day rates and designated parking slots.

Source - http://www.bengaluruairport.com/tran...ngOptions.jspx

Actually, IIRC I paid the same amount when I had parked even back in 2012.
Hello praful,

Thanks for the information about P3 parking.
I am a regular for the Airport Parking since 2014. (multiple small trips and I stay quite far from the airport, around 100-120kms. A trip by airport cabs were around Rs.4500 during that time towards my destination, which is after Tumkur)

I remember paying Rs. 300 for the first day and Rs. 200 for each consecutive day, and Rs.90 for the 0-4 hours and Rs. 50 for every additional 2 or 4 hours. (This was before the current Airport expansion took shape, maybe until 2015 or mid-2016).

The below two posts show the old rates which they used to charge at Bangalore International Airport:
Post from 2013 Link
Post from 2015 Link

The below post shows since when the new rates are in effect:
Post from 2016 Link
themonster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 15:14   #153
BHPian

I am struggling to find out if Pune Airport has a long term parking or not. I am supposed to travel tomorrow morning at 5 and return on Monday morning 2 AM. I am also unable to find out if the parking is open at these odd hours. Any help/advice will be appreciated.
Old 28th July 2017, 15:23   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickdj View Post
I am struggling to find out if Pune Airport has a long term parking or not. I am supposed to travel tomorrow morning at 5 and return on Monday morning 2 AM. I am also unable to find out if the parking is open at these odd hours. Any help/advice will be appreciated.
My post won't be of much help to you. But from my experience at Hyderabad airport earlier this month, I can say that the airport parking is open 24*7. Since the flights are operating throughout, cars come and go at those odd hours as well. So, the parking has to be open.

I reached the airport at 3:30 AM to park my car and finally picked it up at 12 AM.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 16:07   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Agree with you. I was not able to find the actual charges anywhere on the net. Recently my car was parked in the Chennai airport for 17 hours and I paid Rs 700. I think this is too high.
Similar experience for me. Couple of weeks ago when the cab did not turn up at 4 am for home pickup to airport the only option I had was to take my car. Parked it at Chennai airport at 4.30 am and picked it back up at 1.30 am the next day. For the 21 hours they charged 700 bucks flat.
Old 3rd October 2017, 07:15   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokuldasm View Post
Similar experience for me. Couple of weeks ago when the cab did not turn up at 4 am for home pickup to airport the only option I had was to take my car. Parked it at Chennai airport at 4.30 am and picked it back up at 1.30 am the next day. For the 21 hours they charged 700 bucks flat.
Any updates on the recent parking charges? Planning to park my car for around 20hrs this Friday.
Old 3rd October 2017, 22:07   #157
Senior - BHPian

Long term parking at Cochin International Airport is amazing. And the fare is a very reasonable INR 150 for 24 hours. So, the day starts when you enter the parking lot. A brilliant option against airport taxi or Uber.

I just parked the Fiesta there for 4 days when I went to B'lore over the long weekend. I was not very keen and this is the first time I am parking overnight at the airport, but a colleague does that often and wonder why anyone would opt for a taxi.

So, the last time I went to pick someone from airport, I checked the long term parking and found it to be covered and with cameras too. So, I picked a spot right next to a camera this time. Except for dust, which we cannot help in India, everything else was fine with the parking.
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2017, 21:06   #158
BHPian

Long term parking in Bangalore is 500 RS/ day on day one . It's 300 RS for every next day. It's not at all economical to park car in long term car parking with the revised prices
Ranga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 10:38   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Any updates on the recent parking charges? Planning to park my car for around 20hrs this Friday.
Parked my Car at Chennai airport for 18 hrs and was charged Rs. 700
Old 5th November 2017, 15:44   #160
Team-BHP Support

Does Mangalore airport have long term parking? Any idea about rates? I only need it for a day. I don't want to drive up there and find there is no parking.
Old 5th November 2017, 17:24   #161
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Does Mangalore airport have long term parking? Any idea about rates? I only need it for a day. I don't want to drive up there and find there is no parking.
There is a parking, it has around 100 or so spots available. But its not easy to find free spots, depends on your luck. Why not park at a friends place in Mangalore and take the airport bus?
Old 5th November 2017, 17:42   #162
Team-BHP Support

I found out there are 200 parking spots, and I will be reaching there before 8am. So I should be able to find parking.
Old 22nd November 2017, 20:26   #163

Gents, I'd like to park my car at the BLR airport for 8 days. I've checked the new parking tariff and it'll still work out economical for me given where I live and the cab charges. What's even better? I don't have to deal with stinky, rash, or sleepy cabs when I arrive at godforsaken hours off international flights.

Question is, what is the state of long-term parking? I presume it is not sheltered but is it safe to park there for an extended period of 7~8 days? I plan to park there and keep the car covered. Is it recommended? Will it attract undue attention if my car is (probably) the only one covered amongst all cars?
Old 22nd November 2017, 21:26   #164
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirupesh View Post
Gents, I'd like to park my car at the BLR airport for 8 days. I've checked the new parking tariff and it'll still work out economical for me given where I live and the cab charges. What's even better? I don't have to deal with stinky, rash, or sleepy cabs when I arrive at godforsaken hours off international flights.

Question is, what is the state of long-term parking? I presume it is not sheltered but is it safe to park there for an extended period of 7~8 days? I plan to park there and keep the car covered. Is it recommended? Will it attract undue attention if my car is (probably) the only one covered amongst all cars?
Its safe. I see some cars covered. They note your car number and all access points are monitored. Security guards walk around 3-4 times a day noting the car numbers. Please remember to take the parking ticket with you. It then gets messy if anyone tries to drive of with your car.
Old 22nd November 2017, 22:06   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirupesh View Post
It's very safe. I have parked both my Cruze and Octavia for 5+ days and nothing has happened.

Suggest you don't cover it either; unnecessarily attracts attention to your car. Max you'll get some exercise to wash it when back. BLR weather is fickle especially in KIAL area and intermittent rainfall is common followed by strong sunshine. A cover will make things worse.

Ensure no attractive items can be seen and stay away from the cabbie areas. Park more towards the ATC Tower side rather than the PTB

Last edited by itwasntme : 22nd November 2017 at 22:08. Reason: Typo

Most Viewed