Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2019, 09:22   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Long stay car parking @ Indian airports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I parked my car on Friday (16-August) and picked it up today (20-August) at the Hyderabad Airport.
Total of 4 days and 1 hour.

The bill was Rs 750/-

I don't know how its calculated and the computer generated bill does not explain it that well either. Could not ask the guy at the gate as there was a lot of traffic behind me.
That is a pretty reasonable cost. If this was in Bangalore, it would have cost around Rs.2000 for 5 days of parking.(500 1st day and 300 every subsequent day)
I usually park it at the airport when I travel, which is upto 5-6 days at a time. This also is my break even point compared to taxis (Rs.1200 one way).
hrman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 14:43   #212
BHPian

Thanks for all the details in this thread. It truly helped me.

I plan to park my car in metro station at Chennai airport for a day and pick it up next day (approximately 28 Hrs) and wanted to know if Chennai airport metro station has covered parking or not. Or should I use directly airport parking which has only open parking. Would prefer covered parking.

Airport Parking : 600 (for 24 Hrs - 300 and anything above it full day charge)
Metro Parking: 700 for 24 Hrs and beyond
Old 23rd August 2019, 15:47   #213
BHPian

I am done with my one day trip. Hence adding some details here:
Parked my car in Chennai airport - open parking since there is no covered parking available there (confirmed over call also). Was charged 600/-. The total time parked was 29 Hrs. It would have costed more or less the same if I would have taken a cab. I stay 35 KMs away from airport and highly doubted if a cab would come at 3.30 AM at my location.

Though airport metro station parking had a covered parking, its open between 5.30 AM till 23.59. Hence it was closed when I reached at 4.45 AM. I did not find the parking timings anywhere on the internet.

Last edited by bvasista : 23rd August 2019 at 15:52. Reason: Added more details
bvasista is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 21:10   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Long term parking at Cochin International Airport is amazing. And the fare is a very reasonable INR 150 for 24 hours. So, the day starts when you enter the parking lot. A brilliant option against airport taxi or Uber.

I just parked the Fiesta there for 4 days when I went to B'lore over the long weekend. I was not very keen and this is the first time I am parking overnight at the airport, but a colleague does that often and wonder why anyone would opt for a taxi.

So, the last time I went to pick someone from airport, I checked the long term parking and found it to be covered and with cameras too. So, I picked a spot right next to a camera this time. Except for dust, which we cannot help in India, everything else was fine with the parking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnamarathe View Post
That's accurate information. I just parked my car at Cochin Airport domestic parking area. I've paid Rs.150 for 24 hours. The receipt mentions the time of parking, car number and owner's mobile and the same details are to be filled in a register.
Now the fee has increased. Its now Rs.80 for every 4 hours and long term @ Rs.250 for every 24 hours.

Parked at the domestic a couple of times. Covered parking spots under CCTV surveillance.

Even though I had to park for only 19-20 hours everytime, they rounded it off and charged me for 24 hours (Rs.250) instead of 20 hours (which works out to be Rs.400) which obviously is great.

Still have to fill up a register with name, address, number etc. We have to pay up when we park itself after filling that register.

Stopped taking a cab for airport runs now. Parking is great at the airport and incase I'm gone for more than a day, there's a Federal Bank lounge right outside CIAL which I can use. I get to park my car there for free and use the concierge service to the airport.

Last edited by TSIboy : 1st December 2019 at 21:13.
TSIboy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 21:36   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIboy View Post
Stopped taking a cab for airport runs now. Parking is great at the airport and incase I'm gone for more than a day, there's a Federal Bank lounge right outside CIAL which I can use. I get to park my car there for free and use the concierge service to the airport.
Interesting, can you share more details about the lounge, especially its eligibility? Also, is parking space guaranteed for members and is there a time limit? More than the refreshment area in the lounge, I am more interested in the free car parking near the airport. Minimum To and Fro taxi rates are more than my OneWay flight ticket, with no proper public transport, the only sensible option is getting my personal car and I would love free car parking near the airport. The domestic terminal is actually walkable from the Federal Bank Lounge.

Last edited by Aditya_Bhp : 1st December 2019 at 21:38.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 22:48   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
Interesting, can you share more details about the lounge, especially its eligibility? Also, is parking space guaranteed for members and is there a time limit? More than the refreshment area in the lounge, I am more interested in the free car parking near the airport. Minimum To and Fro taxi rates are more than my OneWay flight ticket, with no proper public transport, the only sensible option is getting my personal car and I would love free car parking near the airport. The domestic terminal is actually walkable from the Federal Bank Lounge.
Will PM the eligibility. Members don't get guaranteed parking as there isn't loads of slots but there's rarely more that 2-3 cars parked at a time there. Never seen the place filled till now. Just call up the lounge beforehand and they will arrange everything for you.
TSIboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 21:34   #217
BHPian

I'm currently at chennai airport, looks like the proximity alarm on a swift has mistakenly gone off and has been honking for the past 15 minutes..

This made me wonder, what happens if that particular owner has parked his car for a day or two ??? Will the battery completely drain or is there a cut off time post which the alarm will turn off ??
Old 14th November 2020, 19:07   #218
BHPian

Need a small info. Is this long parking facility still there in Bangalore airport? There might be a tentative Delhi trip for 2-3 days and I don't want to take Taxi both ways. Would be nice to know if there is any specific plan to be done for keeping cars safe there.
Thanks In Advance.
Old 14th November 2020, 19:48   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Need a small info. Is this long parking facility still there in Bangalore airport? There might be a tentative Delhi trip for 2-3 days and I don't want to take Taxi both ways. Would be nice to know if there is any specific plan to be done for keeping cars safe there.
Thanks In Advance.
Yes, overnight parking facility is there at Bangalore airport. Used quite frequently by many folks I know, including myself. With the new parking lot, it could be a bit of a pain if you have too much luggage - as the distance to gates is quite a bit. Else, nothing to keep in mind.
TokyoDrifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 17:38   #220
Team-BHP Support

If you are parking at Bangalore airport, think again. The previous area has been excavated a couple of hundred feet deep!

You park much further, there is another car park set up but am not sure if in use. The smaller car park between arrivals and the Taj is now under excavation. The bottom line is that parking is in one largish area, 0.5 km from departure area. Seeking a parking space on a Sunday morning took ages, after a 15 min search, I found one right at the end bordering the road.

Some cars parked for a while have a coating of red mud. I would not recommend long term parking at all. My tips are as follows:

Drop -Off

If you are seeing off an able passenger, push them out at the drop off area, or snatch a kiss before seeing them off.

If you are seeing off a disabled passenger - either spend Rs 500 on the airport porter who might assist in getting your guest to a wheelchair via a buggy or take a taxi and sort your passenger off and return via a taxi or bus home. Too much time will be wasted in looking for a space and for the person to walk and attend.

Pick Up

If the passenger is able, arrive around 20 min after plane arriving or station yourself at the McDonalds before the airport. Tell the passenger to call while alighting and waiting to get into terminal and arrange to meet at the pickup point.

If the passenger is disabled. Ideally go with a driver, alight and be able to meet your passenger and let driver roam around or park. The car park is too far for anyone to walk. Alternatively, if a wheelchair is involved. Arrive early, meet and wheel your passenger to car park entrance but its complicated

Or

Meet and take a cab back - its easier

Last edited by ajmat : 27th December 2020 at 19:58.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 18:53   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
If you are parking at Bangalore airport, think again.

Some cars have a coating of red mud. I would not recommend long parking at all.
Fully agree. Went on a quiet Sunday afternoon to meet a arriving passenger (and take delivery of a urgent parcel), and was astounded at the current makeshift arrangements.

The parking lot is substantially away from the terminal, you need to cross a major unruly road, crosswalks are not clearly defined and the parking lot itself is totally makeshift without adequate lighting or signages, heavy machinery moving around and no security whatsoever.

Completely avoid!
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 16:31   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
The parking lot is substantially away from the terminal, you need to cross a major unruly road, crosswalks are not clearly defined and the parking lot itself is totally makeshift without adequate lighting or signages, heavy machinery moving around and no security whatsoever.

Completely avoid!
Thanks, I visited this thread to find the exact location of the overnight parking slot in Bangalore airport. After going through the posts, I feel it is better to risk a cab ( yes, thought of using own car as Corona precaution, but that may not be as riskier as an aircraft )
Old 14th July 2021, 14:27   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Delhi Airport

Has anyone had a recent experience at Delhi Airport Park n Fly parking? Please share.
Old 8th September 2021, 22:15   #224
BHPian

Just wanted to know if there's any update to the long term parking situation at Bangalore airport. I'm in anantapur and if I need to go to Mumbai, parking the car at the airport, flying to Mumbai and coming back is the best way possible. Cab will cost quite a bit.
Old 6th December 2021, 15:35   #225
BHPian

Can anyone please enlighten me on the rates of overnight parking at Kolkata Airport for 5 days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks