Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2013, 13:38   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Long stay car parking @ Indian airports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
RGIA at Hyderabad will soon start charging a fee in case a vehicle takes more than 3 minutes time from the start of the entrance ramp of arrival terminal to the end of the exit ramp of the arrival terminal. They have started issuing tickets but are not yet charging any money while trying to smoothen the system and ensure that there are no glitches.

Unfortunately, the 3 minutes is certainly less and very very less in case of differently disabled and senior citizens.
How about drop-offs at the departure terminal? Is that charged too?

Only consequence I can imagine once everyone knows this would be rash driving and unsafe overtaking between the booths to meet the 3 minute deadline.

A way of protest would be for everyone to spend the maximum allowed time for the paid option to make the congestion worse on the arrival bay if you know for sure that you would be charged. You are justified in doing so as you are paying for it. They might reconsider the timings if the congestion gets worse due to paid option.
Old 17th October 2013, 13:36   #77
BHPian

Hi,
Any recent updates on Long term parking at BIAL Bangalore? Pls let me know. One way fare to BIAL in an Innova is Rs. 1700. Parking sounds cheaper
Old 17th October 2013, 14:34   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist View Post
Hi,
Any recent updates on Long term parking at BIAL Bangalore? Pls let me know. One way fare to BIAL in an Innova is Rs. 1700. Parking sounds cheaper
The parking has been shifted to P2 for both short & long term. You are issued the same ticket and for the first 24 hours its 300 bucks followed by 200 for each additional day. I am planning to use it next week since I will be out of town for just 2 days, instead of spending 1500 bucks on radio taxi, I can park the car for 700 bucks, even if you add diesel consumption for the 45 kms distance from home it would work out to 900 bucks.

Better still would be to use Volvo service.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 14:45   #79
BHPian

This is useful information, one to two travelers, Volvo should be comfy, family with kids and aged parents needing bigger taxi's warrant additional costs too. My taxi quote came to 3800 for a airport pick up and drop, I can leave my car at the airport for less than 1000 if the long term parking at the airport holds good. Thank you for this info Motomaverick
Old 17th October 2013, 16:51   #80
BHPian

I recently used the long park facility of BIAL. Parked the car on monday morning around 5 AM and picked it up on wednesday at 9 PM. total cost 700/-

no problems what so ever and i feel this is the best option instead of hiring a radio taxi which costs close to 1000/- from BSK

PS: Do not forget to safely keep the parking ticket else there is a fine of 500 for the missing ticket apart from the parking charges!
Old 17th October 2013, 21:16   #81
BHPian

I parked my car in Cochin international airport for 6 days. Paid 900rs( 150 x 6) at the time of parking itself. They gave a written receipt, I had to fill my address,phone number,ID number( in my case license number) in their book. Parked my car under shade of a tree.( no covered parking).
Car was safe, except for a few bird shit on the Winsheild!
streetracer_919 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 10:06   #82
BHPian

At BIAL, I park my car almost every week for 2-3 days due to the my job related travels. The longest period I have parked was for 5 nights this week. I don't see any issue with the parking. Quite a few times, I have noticed that the security guard goes around periodically noting the numbers of the cars parked.

One precaution which I take is to park Nr the exit barrier as it always manned. Further Volvo bus stand is next to it and you find some movement always.
Old 18th October 2013, 11:29   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshurs View Post
At BIAL, I park my car almost every week for 2-3 days due to the my job related travels. The longest period I have parked was for 5 nights this week. I don't see any issue with the parking. Quite a few times, I have noticed that the security guard goes around periodically noting the numbers of the cars parked.

One precaution which I take is to park Nr the exit barrier as it always manned. Further Volvo bus stand is next to it and you find some movement always.
Thanks for the reassuring info, also I think its better to hide away the ICE HU and any other stuff since windows do not have tints anymore. Next week if you are traveling you might find a white Manza with Tbhp stickers parked near the exit.
Old 22nd October 2013, 14:08   #84
BHPian

Long term parking at BIAL is a breeze, confirmed with parking my car from 18 to 21st Oct 2013. At the payment counter the guy offered me to adjust the 900 bucks I had to pay ('had I told him earlier prior to him scanning the ticket he told discounted rate possible) guess he wanted to make some quick buck. Not advisable though. I paid the full amount refusing any adjustments he wanted to make.
Old 8th January 2014, 12:21   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist View Post
Long term parking at BIAL is a breeze, confirmed with parking my car from 18 to 21st Oct 2013.
Good to know this. I'm planning a weekend travel tomorrow, and may just try this out! Is it safe all over the P2 parking lot, or should I try to find a place near the entrance, as mentioned by others here?
Old 19th March 2014, 20:09   #86
BHPian

its safe no issues at all.
Old 15th July 2014, 14:00   #87
BHPian

Last time I visited BIAL to drop off someone, I noticed that P1 (Long term parking lot) was closed. Does anyone know if the long term parking is discontinued, or is it still operational, and people are expected to use the normal P2/P3 parking lots?
Old 21st October 2014, 13:18   #88
BHPian

I recently used the long term parking at BIAL (or is it KIAL now?). They are using the same P2 parking slot, and same ticket for parking. I just told the person at the gate that I will park for 3 days, and they showed me the slots that are marked for long-term. This is clearly displayed on a board as well, but strangely, there are just 28 slots. Not sure what happens if all get occupied! 3 days parking cost Rs. 700.
floyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 16:37   #89
Senior - BHPian

How is the long term parking at Chennai airport? Is such facility even available at the Chennai Airport?
Old 22nd October 2014, 21:22   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
How is the long term parking at Chennai airport? Is such facility even available at the Chennai Airport?
The last time I enquired, about an year back, It is around 700/- per day for small-cars/hatchbacks and more costlier for SUVs.

Being a Chennaite, I would recommend a Call-Taxi instead of long term parking. I guess the costs should be almost same

There is no "dedicated" place to park long term in Chennai airport, so we need to park on the common area (normal waiting people). My friend had parked and gone to the arrival area. When he came back his car was dented and scratched. The attendant coolly tells that this is common as there are lot of "sleepy" tired night shift taxi drivers, who misjudge and hit the car.

Again, this info is about an year old and what is shared by the parking attendant.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 22nd October 2014 at 21:23.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks