Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2015, 09:32   #481
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: One year and experiences with 3 cars

Palio 1.6 as a first buy?
Straight into the deep end of things?
If you'd haggled around, eventually a TBHPian would have turned up at your doorstep. Not a lot of examples around, running examples even less so.
Dont worry. If the loans are finished off, and youre only paying for the Civic as of now, I'd say a fruitful one year. You've learned a bit, I'd say.
Enjoy the Civic. Forum's loaded with ownership and mod threads for it.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 10:30   #482
BHPian

Re: One year and experiences with 3 cars

You, my friend, are a true petrol-head and more importantly an optimist. While some may call your decisions imprudent or naive, you got a damn good story out of everything. IMHO that is so much better than living a safe, boring existence, especially when you are young. We've all got to make our own mistakes to find our way in life.
ashwin489 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 07:32   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRaccoon View Post
You may have learnt to drive late my friend but all the 3 cars you chose are truly enthusiast cars so right off the bat I can say that you have a good eye. Silver Civic looks great and is a masterpiece. If it doesn't give you problems my advice is don't sell it (but that's your choice !) I share your opinions about the current stock of Honda cars. I always tell people Hyundai seems to be the new Honda. The quality compromise on the new Honda City and especially on the Amaze is appalling for lack of a better word.
Thanks for reading and yes I am enjoying the civic. It is a great car and very smooth to drive. I have shifted to Kolkata from Bangalore and the traffic here is very bad and yellow taxi guys drive like crazy but my Civic Automatic is making things easier for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
I hope your addiction doesn't ruin your finances. You are buying cars apparently for no reason and selling too! Never ever buy cars using personal loans! If you want to experience different cars, there is always lot of self rentals out there.
I agree with you my friend and i will try to limit this game with Civic and no more purchases. But sometimes what the heart wants it just wants. I am in Kolkata now and there are no self rentals out here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
Buddy, first things first. Identify which amongst your friends is street smart and knows how to talk to people and can think a few steps ahead.

In future, please make sure that you discuss everything with this person before reaching for your ATM card, chequebook, etc.

For someone who is married and has a kid, the kind of decisions you have taken are really unexpected. These decisions can risk your safety, your finances and your work too. For example, the car which you sold and recd. payment after 4 months: what if the buyer had killed someone in a hit and run? It was in your name. Do you think the cops will spare you, even if they know that you had sold the car?

I am not even bringing up the wisdom of buying the Palio and the KL car!

I appreciate that you wrote all this down. Once again, I strongly urge you to discuss purchases / expenses with somebody , or even within this forum.
Yes these are life lessons and i shall be not like this in the future. But yes whatever you have mentioned is correct and one should not be this impulsive in his purchases or trusting other people right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

Palio 1.6 as a first buy?
Straight into the deep end of things?
If you'd haggled around, eventually a TBHPian would have turned up at your doorstep. Not a lot of examples around, running examples even less so.
Dont worry. If the loans are finished off, and youre only paying for the Civic as of now, I'd say a fruitful one year. You've learned a bit, I'd say.
Enjoy the Civic. Forum's loaded with ownership and mod threads for it.
Thanks Mayank, Yes Fiat 1.6 is a powerful car and Honda Civic 1.8 is even more so. I have taken Civic on my road trips now and its absolutely fun to drive, even in the mountains with AT comes into play a beginner like me also drives very easily.
However due to very less ground clearance i have scraped my car many times and during one trip to Ooty it got seriously bumped into ground too many times so I am getting the 'Coil Spring Suspension Spacers' and getting a skid plate underside to protect the engine and other vital components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post
You, my friend, are a true petrol-head and more importantly an optimist. While some may call your decisions imprudent or naive, you got a damn good story out of everything. IMHO that is so much better than living a safe, boring existence, especially when you are young. We've all got to make our own mistakes to find our way in life.

Thanks Ashwin for your appreciation. I truly enjoyed this process but managing finances is a different game altogether, but thanks for my wife's support who has been with me during my decisions.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th October 2015 at 10:18. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote feature (QUOTE +) to quote and respond to multiple posts.
Old 22nd February 2016, 21:08   #484
BHPian

Rider Evolution Pictures

Please post your pictures of evolution as a rider here.

Starting with mine :

School days

Your Previous Cars & Bikes-evolution1.jpg

College days

Your Previous Cars & Bikes-evolution2.jpg

Team-BHP days

Your Previous Cars & Bikes-evolution3.jpg

Dear Mods - Please feel free to Modify / Move / Delete if found inappropriate

regards adrian

Last edited by adrian : 22nd February 2016 at 21:10.
adrian is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 23:33   #485
BHPian

The cars/bikes whom we have left but still miss them

Cars are not just a machine for us, they are a part of our family. They are the witness of many of our road trips, daily uses ,our happy moments and sorrow. For some reason we have left/ sold our old cars and have moved ahead. But still they knock at our memory lane and make us nostalgic. So why not a pictorial thread just as a tribute to them.

My 1st car ownership , a used 2011 RITZ VDI with ODO just 22000km.
She was with me from 2013 till 2015 ,total completed around 50000km. I miss the turbocharged DDIS engine.
Your Previous Cars & Bikes-fb_img_1500054510241.jpg

My 2nd car , bought for my family, a used 2006 Honda city 1.4 exi with ODO at 52000. She was with me from 2013 till 2016 , completed around 88000km.I miss the note of her free flow exhaust ( end can muffler).
Your Previous Cars & Bikes-fb_img_1500054518492.jpg
Sayata is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 20:02   #486
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Your Previous Cars & Bikes

My KB125. Shiradi Ghat, in 2nd half of 2000. This was between Sakaleshpur and Gundya. We were on a visit to Kukke. Family was in our Padmini. while my cousin & me on the bike.

Your Previous Cars & Bikes-mekb125.jpg

Yes, a full face helmet even in those days, when helmets were not compulsory

Ah, the good ol days !!
condor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 16:53   #487
BHPian

Re: Hyundai's touching 20th birthday ad, and a contest for Accent & Santro owners

Very touching ad indeed. Reminds me of both my rides from Fiat stable which were a part of the garage till very recently.

The first one was a 2000 Fiat Uno which was bought before I was born! So I was bought up alongside the very same ride. Years passed by, added another used Uno to our garage which served dad and grandpa well. We've done a whole lot of Road trips of which the biggest road trip of that time (sometime in 2006) was a road trip covering the whole of Karnataka (well, the most important cities) over a period of 7-days and over 4,000+ kms! So, I still have a lot of memories with my machine which is no more a part of my family. It was the memories with these machine which are priceless and I can't believe we sold our memories for a price which couldn't match up to the memories and the bond which we created over the years. The other one was a 2009 Fiat Linea which was also sold very recently. It's yet to be an year of separation. Have a whole lot of memories with this machine as well.

When I remember all those road trips and the memories with the rides, it just brings tears in my eyes. Wish I could revisit those moments of happiness. Here's a pic of the Italian Lady. I'll have to look a bit for the Uno's pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Your Previous Cars & Bikes-img_20170305_193121.jpg  

Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 08:58   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

Was riding through JP Nagar 6th phase when I spotted a Luna - CAL-8847. This must be early 1984 ? Brought back memories of our TVS-50 which sported the licence number CAL-8836

Last edited by condor : 28th August 2018 at 09:00.
Old 14th February 2020, 17:51   #489
BHPian

Remembering True Love on Valentine's Day

It's been 5 years since we met and 2 years since we've not been together

But you'll always have a special place in my heart !
Here's to remembering the cars which leave taking the a part of you with them

For me it was my 07' Pajero.

It sound's a little melodramatic, but I liked it so much that I still have the Mitsubishi logo that I had ordered for the front grill.

I'm sure we all share a special place for automobiles in our life, but the feeling of driving one that you dreamt about surpasses everything else. More than the feeling of owning it, the luxury of having to experience the drive as and when you please is overwhelming.

I have been a fan of underdogs and things who no one cares about. However, With the right care and quality spare parts I took good care of her.

With life running at a fast pace, our daily lives don't allow us to enjoy the car. But my fondest memories with the Pajero were in thick traffic. I would put time into cleaning the car while waiting for the traffic to clear. Cleaning the vents, mirror, a shining dashboard brought me great satisfaction.

"You gave me a lot of trouble, but I still love you !"
Attached Thumbnails
Your Previous Cars & Bikes-pajero-2007.jpg  

deepcdc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 18:15   #490
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Remembering True Love on Valentine's Day

Here's my true love!
Attached Thumbnails
Your Previous Cars & Bikes-adobe_post_20200121_1120160.09847281484443138.png  

v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 10:17   #491
BHPian

Woah ! The memories on this thread !

Adding a few more

Hyundai Accent Viva 2 Door 2007 : First car that I bought with my money in the US. Exchanged the Mercury Villager for it (also posted here)

First Car I drove in the US : Mercury Villager 2002 : A college kid driving a mini van to college gave me no brownie points

But I loved the fact that it was a huge car and had an automatic seat belt system. You close the door and the seat belt motors put it in place. Fantastic ! I think I made friend because of the size of the van. My friends use to sleep using the last row as the bed and the middle row folded down to a table (with proper cup holders). Loved the concept

Finally, one of the most comfortable SUV's of that time : Chevrolet Tavera : The size was perfect for Indian road and i've had fun sitting in the last row. Great times. I wish they bring it back.
Attached Thumbnails
Your Previous Cars & Bikes-hyundai-2-door.jpg  

Your Previous Cars & Bikes-mercury-villager-2002.jpg  

Your Previous Cars & Bikes-tavera.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks