Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2020, 14:22   #31
BHPian
 
ruzbehxyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bombay
Posts: 791
Thanked: 2,003 Times
Default re: The BS6 Ford Endeavour with new 2.0L diesel engine, now launched at 29.55 lakhs

Details of the 2.0L engine as shared by Ford.

ruzbehxyz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 00:35   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,689
Thanked: 2,765 Times
Default re: The BS6 Ford Endeavour with new 2.0L diesel engine, now launched at 29.55 lakhs

Surprising to why my sales advisor would specially mention biturbo and 210 bhp and 500 NM as well when i spoke to him?..

Hmm, If this is the case 170 HP - 470 NM is very disappointing move from Ford, I was looking forward to book the biturbo version but as of now i would wait for some real world feedback as well as till i test drive the car.

Fingers still crossed, Hoping for the biturbo version to launch as well...
Tanveer_2558 is offline  
Old 3rd February 2020, 10:20   #33
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 275
Thanked: 434 Times
Default re: The BS6 Ford Endeavour with new 2.0L diesel engine, now launched at 29.55 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Surprising to why my sales advisor would specially mention biturbo and 210 bhp and 500 NM as well when i spoke to him?..

Hmm, If this is the case 170 HP - 470 NM is very disappointing move from Ford, I was looking forward to book the biturbo version but as of now i would wait for some real world feedback as well as till i test drive the car.

Fingers still crossed, Hoping for the biturbo version to launch as well...
Same here!! While I was having my EcoSport serviced, I was chatting with the service executive, and he did mention that the bi-turbo is coming and that their training would start soon.

Last edited by suku_patel_22 : 3rd February 2020 at 10:21.
suku_patel_22 is offline  
Old 3rd February 2020, 10:29   #34
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 4,151
Thanked: 12,738 Times
Default re: The BS6 Ford Endeavour with new 2.0L diesel engine, now launched at 29.55 lakhs

Ford is having a Dealer meet at Gurgaon on 11th and new cars will be made available at that time. From what I understand from local SA it’s indeed single turbo. Auto car which has posted pictures of India specific model won’t be wrong either.

On another news, Toyota plans to keep prices of BS6 same as per outgoing BS4 for the time being. But with Toyota, you can’t be sure until they actually announce.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 12:05   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
84.monsoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,324
Thanked: 3,628 Times
Default re: The BS6 Ford Endeavour with new 2.0L diesel engine, now launched at 29.55 lakhs

It is indeed disappointing that both Honda and Ford, in quick succession decided to not offer the twin turbo versions of their diesels in India, on the CRV and Endeavor respectively. The poor performance to price ratio sounded the death knell for the CRV. I see hardly any diesel CRVs on the roads. A single Turbo 1.6 Diesel engine offering up 120 hp of power in a big SUV like the CRV, costing almost 40 lakhs! Cars costing a third of the price offer more power (e.g. the Verna Diesel costs 13 lakhs and offers up 126 hp of power). Ford is about to make the same mistake - cars that cost half of the Endeavor will offer equal or more power than the single turbo version of the Endeavor - for example, the updated Harrier is expected to cost 20 lakhs on road for the mid automatic version and will offer 170 hp - same as the Endeavor single turbo's 170hp. Harrier is also likely to be a lot faster lugging around 1600 KG versus the Endeavour's 2400 kg.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 3rd February 2020 at 12:10.
84.monsoon is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 23:01   #36
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 6
Thanked: 7 Times
Default re: The BS6 Ford Endeavour with new 2.0L diesel engine, now launched at 29.55 lakhs

Autocar article more or less sums up the power reduction in a mild way.
- 0-100 kmph is 12.75 seconds
- 0-120 kmph is 17.64 seconds
- power tapers off at 3500 rpm.

- "more refined and effortless to drive at low and medium speeds"
indianexplorer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 00:52   #37
BHPian
 
LionX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cochin / Bangalore
Posts: 644
Thanked: 876 Times
Default re: The BS6 Ford Endeavour with new 2.0L diesel engine, now launched at 29.55 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Same as the Endeavour single turbo's 170hp
Itís actually 170 PS (167.7 bhp) & 420Nm. I think itís sufficient for 4x2 variants. At least itís better than the outgoing 2.2 engine which is 160PS and 385NM.If BiTurbo with 10 speed AT is costly then Iím wondering why canít Ford think about BiTurbo with 6 Speed Manual.
LionX is offline  
Old 7th February 2020, 06:34   #38
BHPian
 
auto_enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bombay / Surat
Posts: 279
Thanked: 528 Times
Default re: The BS6 Ford Endeavour with new 2.0L diesel engine, now launched at 29.55 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
It is indeed disappointing that both Honda and Ford, in quick succession decided to not offer the twin turbo versions of their diesels in India, on the CRV and Endeavor respectively. The poor performance to price ratio sounded the death knell for the CRV. I see hardly any diesel CRVs on the roads. A single Turbo 1.6 Diesel engine offering up 120 hp of power in a big SUV like the CRV, costing almost 40 lakhs! Cars costing a third of the price offer more power (e.g. the Verna Diesel costs 13 lakhs and offers up 126 hp of power). Ford is about to make the same mistake - cars that cost half of the Endeavor will offer equal or more power than the single turbo version of the Endeavor - for example, the updated Harrier is expected to cost 20 lakhs on road for the mid automatic version and will offer 170 hp - same as the Endeavor single turbo's 170hp. Harrier is also likely to be a lot faster lugging around 1600 KG versus the Endeavour's 2400 kg.
Compare the power to weight ratio of the mighty endeavour, the figures are 70 Bhp/ton. My humble Aspire TDCi figures are 95+ Bhp/ton
auto_enthusiast is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 08:09   #39
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 4,151
Thanked: 12,738 Times
Default re: The BS6 Ford Endeavour with new 2.0L diesel engine, now launched at 29.55 lakhs

Spoke to a friendly dealer and it’s confirmed, it will be a single turbo that we would be getting. I get a feel that Fortuner will gain from this. People, at least here in North always tend to go for a larger engine. And now with the lower capacity and output, many won’t look at those additional features that Ford offers. Personally, if I were to buy one now, I will probably pick the Toyota.
Turbanator is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 10:21   #40
BHPian
 
ruzbehxyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bombay
Posts: 791
Thanked: 2,003 Times
Default re: The BS6 Ford Endeavour with new 2.0L diesel engine, now launched at 29.55 lakhs

From what I can see and read is that everyone is disappointed that the new Bi-turbo engine is not coming to India. Ford has always kept its option open and will definitely have a plan for India. The sad part is that these wonderful vehicles are coming into the market when Ford as a company is not doing very well globally.
The Ranger Raptor pick up with the Bi-turbo is currently the no.1 selling SUV pick up truck in Australia.
Ford will probably wait and watch the scenario in 2020 and gauge its sales. The Endeavour will continue do well in India but not on a very large scale like the Fortuner. However the biggest mistake that Ford will do is get away with the 3.2 Litre engine.
Let's wait and watch.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 21:47   #41
BHPian
 
Tarmac.terrorist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 165
Thanked: 429 Times
Default re: The BS6 Ford Endeavour with new 2.0L diesel engine, now launched at 29.55 lakhs

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-415854

This is the link to autocars test drive of the new 2.0 170bhp Bs6 compliant endeavour. The performance in comparison to 3.2 has dropped significantly, from 11 sec 0-100 in 3.2 to 12.5 sec 0-100. I guess that a 10speed GB can only help till a limit.
Really disappointed.
Tarmac.terrorist is offline  
Old 15th February 2020, 11:09   #42
BHPian
 
LionX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cochin / Bangalore
Posts: 644
Thanked: 876 Times
Default re: The BS6 Ford Endeavour with new 2.0L diesel engine, now launched at 29.55 lakhs

Progressive range selection with 10 Speed AT box but not sure itís available on Everest/Endeavour though.

LionX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 12:15   #43
BHPian
 
Sandeep500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Bathinda
Posts: 200
Thanked: 345 Times
Default re: The BS6 Ford Endeavour with new 2.0L diesel engine, now launched at 29.55 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac.terrorist View Post
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-415854

This is the link to autocars test drive of the new 2.0 170bhp Bs6 compliant endeavour. The performance in comparison to 3.2 has dropped significantly, from 11 sec 0-100 in 3.2 to 12.5 sec 0-100. I guess that a 10speed GB can only help till a limit.
Really disappointed.
I think Ford should provide biturbo engine in India too. The person spending more than 3 million bucks wants something exciting but not a mudane machine. Moreover the customers who buy Endeavour in India are buying going by their heart overlooking their heads by ignoring Fortuner.They know their machines and with this current engine setup Ford will definitely loose their prospective customers to Fortuner who has played a master stroke by not increasing the BS6 model prices. They will gain a foothold of market which was slightly moving towards Endy and then increase the prices when launch the facelift model in a few months.
Guys at Ford has done the exact reverse , increasing the price now , followed by degrading the engine.
Sureshot recipe for failure.
Sandeep500 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2020, 07:12   #44
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 4,298
Thanked: 3,594 Times
Default re: The BS6 Ford Endeavour with new 2.0L diesel engine, now launched at 29.55 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
From what I can see and read is that everyone is disappointed that the new Bi-turbo engine is not coming to India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I get a feel that Fortuner will gain from this. Personally, if I were to buy one now, I will probably pick the Toyota.
I completely agree with your views on this. In the age of smaller downsized diesel engines castrated by BS6/EU6 norms, the "panther" was a relief to see a small engine, out-punch it's cubic capacity. And with the 10 gear cogs to play with, I feel, I may not have really missed the 3.2 Liter 5Cyl engine. But with the single turbo, it is a huge disappointment, like it was with the CRV Diesel.

I can understand Ford's desire to keep costs low. But they should understand that not compromising on the product was finally how they were able to take the fight to Toyota and achieve very respectable numbers with the Endeavour Vs the Fortuner.

My suggestion to Ford would be to put the B-Turbo in the Top end 4WD Automatic Titanium Variant. If I am willing to pay 40 lakhs (TN On-road price) for a top end Endeavour, I won't have any problem paying another lakh for second turbo to get fantastic performance. Bottom line Ford should have the Bi-Turbo and the single turbo, depending on the model. Anyways, this engine is built in India, so it's not like there will be 100% duty on it.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 16:53   #45
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Pune
Posts: 546
Thanked: 3,468 Times
Default re: The BS6 Ford Endeavour with new 2.0L diesel engine, now launched at 29.55 lakhs

Autocarindia's exclusive first drive video review is out

ram87pune is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks