Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2020, 14:27   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: The BS6 Ford Endeavour with new 2.0L diesel engine, now launched at 29.55 lakhs

Specs comparo: Ford Endeavour vs rivals

Here is the specification comparison between the diesel variants of the Ford Endeavour, Toyota Fortuner, Mahindra Alturas G4 and the Skoda Kodiaq.

The BS6 Ford Endeavour with new 2.0L diesel engine, now launched at 29.55 lakhs-bs6-endy-comparo.png

The BS6 Endeavour is powered by a 2.0-litre engine producing 168 BHP and 420 Nm. The engine is paired to a 10-speed automatic transmission.

The Toyota Fortuner gets a 2.8-litre engine producing 175 BHP and 420 Nm with the manual transmission and 450 Nm with the automatic transmission. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic. The SUV is also available with a 2.7-litre petrol engine.

The Mahindra Alturas G4 has a 2.2-litre engine producing 178 BHP and 420 Nm and it is mated to a 7-speed automatic transmission.

The Skoda Kodiaq gets a 2.0-litre engine producing 148 BHP and 340 Nm. It is paired to a 7-speed DSG transmission. Four-wheel drive is part of standard equipment.

The BS6 Ford Endeavour with new 2.0L diesel engine, now launched at 29.55 lakhs-bs6-endy.jpg

The BS6 Ford Endeavour with new 2.0L diesel engine, now launched at 29.55 lakhs-fortuner.jpg

The BS6 Ford Endeavour with new 2.0L diesel engine, now launched at 29.55 lakhs-alturas.jpg

The BS6 Ford Endeavour with new 2.0L diesel engine, now launched at 29.55 lakhs-kodiaq-scout.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
ChiragM is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 15:18   #77
BHPian

re: The BS6 Ford Endeavour with new 2.0L diesel engine, now launched at 29.55 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Specs comparo: Ford Endeavour vs rivals
Here is the specification comparison between the diesel variants of the Ford Endeavour, Toyota Fortuner, Mahindra Alturas G4 and the Skoda Kodiaq.
Kerb weight for Endeavour 4x4 is 2410kg
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 18:52   #78
BHPian

Surprising to see that Ford has got the spelling of 'Compliant' wrong not once but twice on their website. Hope that customers don't have complaints with the new engine.
Attached Thumbnails
The BS6 Ford Endeavour with new 2.0L diesel engine, now launched at 29.55 lakhs-endevaour.png  

eltoro is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 23:07   #79
Senior - BHPian

Displacement matters to many customers. I know a few folks who bought the Endeavour over the Fortuner because it had a superior (and bigger) 5 cylinder 3.2 L diesel over the 2.8 L diesel in the Toyota.

Wonder how some customers would react to the Endeavour having a small engine.
landcruiser123 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 14:22   #80
BHPian

Re: The BS6 Ford Endeavour with new 2.0L diesel engine, now launched at 29.55 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Displacement matters to many customers. I know a few folks who bought the Endeavour over the Fortuner because it had a superior (and bigger) 5 cylinder 3.2 L diesel over the 2.8 L diesel in the Toyota.

Wonder how some customers would react to the Endeavour having a small engine.
I am one of those who got the 3.2L Titanium model in April 2018. I did not even consider the Fortuner since the Endeavour won hands down (in my mind) by quite a few points - bigger engine (I am a big believer in the mantra "There is no replacement for displacement"), much more luxurious interior and more importantly, a very good dealer in my area.

My vehicle was remapped when it had just about 1800 kms on the ODO and just the day before, I crossed 53k kms - with zero issues. It is an absolute hoot to drive and I can give a stock Polo TDI more than a run for its money from a stoplight.

I am really having a tough time getting my head around the new BS6 Endeavour - for me, its like something about this vehicle died in the upgrade. And yes, I will not be upgrading - plan to preserve my beast for as long as I can.
krishsreedharan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 00:23   #81
BHPian

Re: The BS6 Ford Endeavour with new 2.0L diesel engine, now launched at 29.55 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post

My vehicle was remapped when it had just about 1800 kms on the ODO and just the day before, I crossed 53k kms - with zero issues. It is an absolute hoot to drive and I can give a stock Polo TDI more than a run for its money from a stoplight.
Weren't you afraid of voiding your warranty? I really want to get my diesel Seltos remapped but it sucks that I have to wait till the warranty period expires
Old 28th February 2020, 12:13   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi_jeeper View Post
Yesterday a friend went to enquire about the Ford Freestyle. He was also told that the price of the BS6 Freestyle has infact dropped.
The price has dropped because ford has removed many features from the figo triplets and most importantly, Sync 3+ My key has been removed from freestyle and aspire
jithin23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 13:44   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Weren't you afraid of voiding your warranty? I really want to get my diesel Seltos remapped but it sucks that I have to wait till the warranty period expires
All my cars - save one - are remapped. The Scorpio was remapped at 18k kms, the Endeavour at 1800kms and my Ameo TDi DSG at 7k kms. The only un-remapped car is the Skoda Superb, which my Dad uses.

For all the cars that are remapped, my tuner has the stock maps. Should a situation arise where I need to go in for warranty, all I need to do is to get him to flash back to stock and take it in. However, that's in an extreme scenario.

In most cases, ASC does not have the capability to check for a remap. All it can do is check version number and upgrade if the factory version is higher. The only time they will come to know about the remap, is if they tap the Factory Hotline to diagnose an issue. In most cases, reverting to stock maps will do the trick.

Last but not least, I have a very good relationship with the ASC folks for all my cars. So they do turn a blind eye to the remaps. In fact, the test-drive Endeavour at my dealer is remapped - the boss of the dealership had it done with my tuner after driving mine. Hope this clarifies.
krishsreedharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 14:05   #84
Senior - BHPian

People think downsized engine might not find takers BUT there will be few customers who would love to have the bragging rights of owning a 10-speed transmission
giri1.8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 14:27   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
In fact, I would remove that manual trim completely. Very few people will want an MT after spending 30 lakhs.
If that’s the case Toyota would have discontinued the MT models for fortuner. 4x2 & 4x4 MT both available for fortuner.
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 14:47   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksgehlot View Post
It is a wise decision, else dealers end up with slow-moving stock.
I would beg to differ on this - 4WD variants are always manufactured on order and rarely you'd find ready stock with a dealer for these. So, there is no question of slow-moving stock. Also, I doubt if there is lower demand for 4WD on lower end models - please check the forum for the criticism M&M garnered by not providing 4WD on lower variants of the Scorpio initially! For some reason, Ford still tends to believe that 4WD is more of a status symbol than a need and hence, would "up" the style quotient on their higher variants, which is so untrue. I am sure they are losing out on many potential customers who would have gone for an Endeavour 4WD had it been available in the Titanium trim. There would be more customers who would drop the Endeavour altogether because of this as opposed to folks who would stretch (significantly!) to the Titanium+ just for the 4WD!!

Quote:
I think that is the only logical way to do it considering only few people go for 4x4 in India
Not entirely true. Things are changing rapidly on this front.

Quote:
Offering 4x4 in all trims may not be profitable for them since it forms only a very small part of the total sales.
Not sure where profit figures here.

Quote:
The argument of higher priced 4x4s being less likely to see mud and slush is not valid once you cross 20 lakhs OTR. For some who can spend 30 lakh on an SUV can easily stretch 2-3 lakhs if he wants 4x4.
I agree, but my argument was the other way round! When you have an option of both trims for someone who does NOT want a 4x4, why not have the same option for someone who does? Isn't it unfair?

Quote:
In fact, I would remove that manual trim completely. Very few people will want an MT after spending 30 lakhs.
Not really. A company that realizes there are a purists out there who would still want an MT with 4WD, irrespective of the segment, will continue to provide this combination - Jeep Compass, Toyota Fortuner, are few examples.

I can understand that Ford might want to send a message that the Endeavour is truly a "premium" SUV by not offering a MT - although I strongly disagree with this school of thought - I am more irked by the fact that 4WD enthusiasts are forced to go for the top variant just because they do not offer it in lower trims! Not acceptable, Ford!

Last edited by cool_dube : 28th February 2020 at 14:59.
Old 28th February 2020, 16:32   #87
BHPian

On Order! I don't think so. I am a Ford Dealer, I know it very well. This car was first launched in 2015. And there was literally no demand for 4X2. Lower End Versions were barely selling. I think you need to get the figures first and have a look at the Model mix. Everyone was going for the Titanium+ 4x4.
ksgehlot is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 12:22   #88
BHPian

Hi guys,

I test drove the bs6 Endeavour 4x4 yesterday. Car had just 250 kms on the odo:

Positives:
* Supremely soft suspension - eats potholes, rocks and craters without bringing anything to the cabin
* Body roll seems very low - drove on mud and undulations in 8 shaped loops. passengers were quite well settled
* very sharp handling - changed lanes and slipped around on softroad with ease - feels almost carpet like given the size of the vehicle. cornering at 110 on palm beach road was effortless
* squarish headlights look stylish and cool
* Gear shifts are butter smooth and the transition reflects on the screen - it was fun to see them move from 3 to 7 to 9 to 5 to 7 to 8 ...outside of seeing them on screen i could not notice the gears were changing
* pin drop silence in the cabin when doors are shut - no noise from outside and very little engine noise even at 110-120 speeds
* Fully loaded - including the audio setup I felt 0 additions are needed to the car. even side rails are included
* ford pass may or may not be a convenience practically but is a cool party trick nevertheless!

Negatives:
* Maybe its a small engine or maybe its a fresh out of the factory car but accelaration was not as good as my 135k driven xuv500 manual - felt that the car took effort to reach 0-80 and was a breeze thereafter
* despite its large size - 2nd row space lesser than xuv500
* MRF wanderers on a 40L car...probably a known complaint but could have come shod with foreign rubber

As of the test drive date there were no discounts on the vehicle but I think that could change in 3-4 months.

Realistically speaking I think this is a VFM car for what it offers - a brilliant cruiser with pillowlike ride quality

I am seriously considering upgrading from my 6 year old XUV500

on road price mumbai - 4x2 top end - 38.70 lakhs and 4x4 - 40.70 lakhs - without discussing discounts..
vikram31 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 02:29   #89
Senior - BHPian

Speed tests for the new 2.0 litre Ford Endeavour

ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 08:26   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Speed tests for the new 2.0 litre Ford Endeavour
Acceleration sees a clear drop at 110. This is not going to be the effortless highway cruiser with ample power in reserve that the old 3.2 was. That the likes of Fortuner, Innova Crysta and Hexa are.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks