Team-BHP - Scoop! 6-Seater Tata Gravitas spotted
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop! 6-Seater Tata Gravitas spotted (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/217831-scoop-6-seater-tata-gravitas-spotted.html)

Scoop! 6-Seater Tata Gravitas spotted

Thanks to Vishal Mhatre for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Scoop! 6-Seater Tata Gravitas spotted-img_20200112_142029716.jpg

A test mule of the Tata Gravitas with a 6-seat configuration has been spotted. The SUV has captain seats in the second row.

Scoop! 6-Seater Tata Gravitas spotted-img_20200112_142035401_hdr.jpg

The spy images suggest that the 6-seat Gravitas is likely to get an electronic handbrake and Auto Hold instead of the pull-type handle that comes in the Harrier. This particular test car is equipped with a manual transmission and has disc brakes all around.

Scoop! 6-Seater Tata Gravitas spotted-img_20200112_142042129_hdr.jpg

This Gravitas test mule is finished in a blue shade similar to the 2018 Geneva Motor Show display car. It is equipped with rear parking sensors and camera, shark fin antenna and 5-spoke alloy wheels shod with 235/65 R17 Apollo Apterra HP tyres. The SUV does not have a sunroof.

Scoop! 6-Seater Tata Gravitas spotted-img_20200112_142100536.jpg

Scoop! 6-Seater Tata Gravitas spotted-img_20200112_142049637_hdr.jpg

Scoop! 6-Seater Tata Gravitas spotted-img_20200112_142125746_hdr.jpg

Scoop! 6-Seater Tata Gravitas spotted-img_20200112_142139271_hdr.jpg

Scoop! 6-Seater Tata Gravitas spotted-img_20200112_142221104.jpg

Scoop! 6-Seater Tata Gravitas spotted-img_20200112_142243765.jpg

Scoop! 6-Seater Tata Gravitas spotted-img_20200112_142336002_hdr.jpg

Scoop! 6-Seater Tata Gravitas spotted-img_20200112_142346303_hdr.jpg

Scoop! 6-Seater Tata Gravitas spotted-img_20200112_142406792_hdr.jpg

Scoop! 6-Seater Tata Gravitas spotted-img_20200112_174016299.jpg

Scoop! 6-Seater Tata Gravitas spotted-img_20200112_174035323.jpg

Scoop! 6-Seater Tata Gravitas spotted-img_20200112_174103590.jpg

Scoop! 6-Seater Tata Gravitas spotted-img_20200112_174136552.jpg

Scoop! 6-Seater Tata Gravitas spotted-img_20200112_174146774.jpg

Scoop! 6-Seater Tata Gravitas spotted-img_20200112_174157745.jpg

Scoop! 6-Seater Tata Gravitas spotted-img_20200112_174220510.jpg

Scoop! 6-Seater Tata Gravitas spotted-img_20200112_174237290.jpg

Scoop! 6-Seater Tata Gravitas spotted-img_20200112_174301468.jpg

Scoop! 6-Seater Tata Gravitas spotted - Post moved to a new thread.

3rd row seats are different than ones on the earlier prototype. Hope the comfort is consistent.

Ref: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...vitas-gr12.jpg

Also the chrome bits are unnecessary, hope TATA will have a Dark equivalent for Gravitas

Probably the reason why the Harrier was half-baked at launch. TATA has so many iterations in the pipeline, they don’t have the time to finish one product before moving on to the next.

Also captain seats but no automatic?

The touch screen at the front is tiny, it looks like MG could be way ahead of the game here. No sunroof too. Bummer.

This is a prototype, many components might be getting tested out.
Seat material/color is different for front seats and other seats, brown vs white.

Judging by the pictures I'm expexting the Gravitas 6 seater to have beige interiors to probably compete with both the new beige themed innova crysta interiors while also being within an arms length distance to the Hector 6 seater. This space will be quite interesting :)

Hope Tata irons out the rough edges of Harrier and comes out with a winner. MG Hector has raised the bar and set a bench mark and every new release will be compared with Hector. Hope Tata bring Gravitas automatic from the launch itself, and also the sunroof at a reasonable price. I am not a fan of the huge touch screen, lack of physical buttons and the internet connectivity, which might become a costly affair in long term ownership of the car.

This is nothing but a Harrier with extended rear & 2 seats. Interiors are the same too. I hope the rear seats are comfortable for the adults otherwise they would be useless. This can compete with the Hector 7 seater.

The rear quarter with the D pillar looks like an afterthought. Prove me wrong but the rear
looks similar to that of the Renault Triber. :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by _lewie_ (Post 4731360)
The rear quarter with the D pillar looks like an afterthought. Prove me wrong but the rear looks similar to that of the Renault Triber.

Of course everyone sees things different. I don't see any of Triber in the Gravitas design.

On the other hand - I personally don't like the rear 3 quarter execution of the Gravitas for now. The finished product may look different or it may look better in person. But the un-camouflaged cars that have been seen so far have not been to my taste in that area. The 3rd glass appears totally out of sync with rest of its neighbours!

So - while it doesn't look like it, I find the Triber's execution is more neutral while Gravitas' is quite polarizing - with haters group being larger in all likelihood.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhard (Post 4731427)
Of course everyone sees things different. I don't see any of Triber in the Gravitas design.

On the other hand - I personally don't like the rear 3 quarter execution of the Gravitas for now. The finished product may look different or it may look better in person. But the un-camouflaged cars that have been seen so far have not been to my taste in that area. The 3rd glass appears totally out of sync with rest of its neighbours!

So - while it doesn't look like it, I find the Triber's execution is more neutral while Gravitas' is quite polarizing - with haters group being larger in all likelihood.

I like the fact that Tata is atleast taking risks with their designs. They can't afford to play it safe like Maruti and Toyota.

Also, I think the Gravitas looks more like the current gen Discovery Sport with which it shares it's platform.

I just hope Tata learned their mistake with the harrier and gives it a automatic gearbox, petrol engine, features like sunroof and better build quality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragracer567 (Post 4732132)
petrol engine

For now - I think nobody will spend 2 million rupees on a 1.5 ton petrol SUV that has a "T" logo. I still feel that Tata was right in launching the Harrier as a diesel only plate. The petrol SUVs that are selling are light weight compact ones and not steel giants. At least a few petrol Hector owners are already wondering if they made the right choice I'm sure.

Yes we know that Tata is coming with an all new petrol engine for these SUVs. I'm really not sure if it will work much in TML's favour. They should look at petrol engines for the cars below Harrier. The new compact SUV that is in the works between the Nexon & the Harrier is what will really sell with a petrol engine.

I don't think the Harrier sales would have been much better with a petrol engine.

Is it just me or is anybody else here happy to see that AIRPLANE type HANDBRAKE gone!?
I felt that was one of the sore spots in the Harrier. The only part that was really out of place, in terms of fit & finish, a position as well as the tactile feel during operation. Do I see an electronic button in it's place! Good riddance, I say, if it's true!

Gravitas really looks amazing. Tata is coming all guns blazing. I am sure once the initial teething issues are sorted, these cars with the T badge are going to be amazing.

MaSh