Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2020, 13:07   #1
Senior - BHPian

Renault Duster prices slashed by upto Rs. 1.5 lakh

Renault has reduced the prices of the Duster facelift by upto Rs. 1.5 lakh.

Renault Duster prices slashed by upto Rs. 1.5 lakh-duster-offer.jpg

The RxS 85 PS is now priced at Rs. 9.29 lakh, the RxS 110 PS costs Rs. 9.99 lakh, while the RxS 110 PS AWD costs Rs. 10.99 lakh (ex-showroom).

Renault is also offering a cash discount of Rs. 50,000 on all other diesel variants as well as a Loyalty bonus of upto Rs. 20,000. Additionally a Corporate discount of Rs. 10,000 is also being offered.

On the pre-facelift version of the Duster, Renault is offering benefits upto Rs. 1.25 lakh.

The offers are valid between January 1-31, 2020.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (34) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 14:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster prices slashed by upto Rs. 1.5 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
RxS 110 PS AWD costs Rs. 10.99 lakh (ex-showroom)
Wow! The AWD is awesome bang for the buck now
cool_dube is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 15:56   #3
BHPian

Such huge discounts! Is there a new model coming or they just want to boost up the sales? Any way good news for future buyers but existing customers will feel the pinch.
Old 15th January 2020, 16:37   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK79 View Post
Such huge discounts! Is there a new model coming or they just want to boost up the sales? Any way good news for future buyers but existing customers will feel the pinch.
Its BS4 stock clearance. Big inventory calls for Big discounts
Sahil is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 17:00   #5
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

RxS was a rip off trim anyway.

Other models have a 50K discount.

Discounts might increase further of they can't move stock till March.
Old 15th January 2020, 17:49   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Its BS4 stock clearance. Big inventory calls for Big discounts
Also, Renault is not updating the 1.5 lit K9K to BS 6. All the more reason for them to clear existing stock.
Geo_Ipe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 18:01   #7
BHPian

Sorry for being slightly off topic : Brezza followed by Duster, its a stock clearance for all BS4 diesels. While rumors of sulphur additives for BS6 diesel cars are going round the corner. Should people contemplate to buy one ? Will there be engine knocking and issues with these cheap BS4 engines after 3 months ?
livetodrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 18:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livetodrive View Post
Sorry for being slightly off topic : Brezza followed by Duster, its a stock clearance for all BS4 diesels. While rumors of sulphur additives for BS6 diesel cars are going round the corner. Should people contemplate to buy one ? Will there be engine knocking and issues with these cheap BS4 engines after 3 months ?
Absolutely nothing to worry. Delhi is selling BS6 petrol and diesel for more than a year now and all vehicles are using it. There is nothing reported in public domain on performance compromise / knocking et. al.
i74js is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 18:08   #9
BHPian

I would still stay clear of duster even with the discounts. Let’s not forget dusters are prone to injector failures and with lower sulphur there will be all the more strain on the injectors.

We have had few of our members on this forum left stranded due to these failures. I will still pick bs6 or bs6 upgradable engines
aniyo is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 00:53   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
I would still stay clear of duster even with the discounts. Let’s not forget dusters are prone to injector failures and with lower sulphur there will be all the more strain on the injectors.

We have had few of our members on this forum left stranded due to these failures. I will still pick bs6 or bs6 upgradable engines
Absolutely. Most people don't have the time/energy to expend upon frequent service center visits. And then there's the constant worry of injectors going bad. The Duster Diesel selling at a massive discount is a red herring, notwithstanding the 7 year warranty Renault now offers.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 16th January 2020, 01:43   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

That's a massively sweeping statement. Yes there are a few such instances, but is statistically significant for a car that once sold really well, say 2011-12? Could you qualify this statistically - for anyone to wrap their head around the numbers?

My issue with it was the ergonomics. My knee clashed with the keyfob and I worried about losing my kneecap in any accident. That alone ruled it out for me both in 2017 and 2019 purchases though l loved the amazing ride quality.
phamilyman is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 03:34   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
while the RxS 110 PS AWD costs Rs. 10.99 lakh (ex-showroom).
This is a very attractive price for such a capable vehicle! Anyone looking for a competent AWD with superb ride quality does not need to look elsewhere after this price cut.
BlackPearl is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 08:44   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This does seem to be true in US market in general when they switched to low sulphur fuel - there were increased incidents of injector failures.

https://www.idcon.com/resource-libra...-failures.html
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 09:02   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, the refreshed price tags have made the AWD models so much value for money. I'm mighty impressed with the Dusters ride and overall comfort. The AWD is pretty capable too.

It's a great go-anywhere vehicle at a really great price tag. Will be a great deal for those planning to munch some serious kilometres and sell off the car in two or three years. Anything later than that, I'm guessing the resale will be hit hard due to a discontinued model and not-so-great brand value.
dhanushs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 09:21   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Wow, the refreshed price tags have made the AWD models so much value for money. I'm mighty impressed with the Dusters ride and overall comfort. The AWD is pretty capable too.

It's a great go-anywhere vehicle at a really great price tag. Will be a great deal for those planning to munch some serious kilometres and sell off the car in two or three years. Anything later than that, I'm guessing the resale will be hit hard due to a discontinued model and not-so-great brand value.
Or rather keep the Duster for a long period. There are no possibilities of Renault leaving India in near future so parts and service won't be a problem. To my know how, Duster is a reliable car as well albeit the injector issues in the 110 ps models.

I wish I was in the market for a car now, would have bought the duster without a second thought.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 16th January 2020 at 09:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks