Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2007, 10:09   #46
BHPian

Im waiting for the New Mitsu Lancer to be launched in UAE. I plan to trade in my Galant for a Lancer 08 with Ralliart kit.
Old 24th May 2007, 17:35   #47
BHPian

Am in australia at the moment - good number of mitsubishi pajero (currently sold as montero in India) and saw a few of the new 380..
Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd

Nice looking vehicle!
Old 28th May 2007, 19:12   #48
BHPian

As one of the engineers from HM told me (when I complained about the outdated Lancer that I also once had), HM doesnt have funds to introduce new cars in the Indian market. Wonder why such a fantastic car has to have such a bad fate in India where it certainly has a huge fan following.
Old 28th May 2007, 20:35   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
Am in australia at the moment - good number of mitsubishi pajero (currently sold as montero in India) and saw a few of the new 380..
Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd

Nice looking vehicle!
Got a chance to drive a 380 VRX in australia. It was a nice car with decent power and was rock sold even when the speedo near 200. This could be a good option for mitsubishi in the D segment.

Regarding the lancer, well HM guys are never going to learn. The lancer was a great car once, but today it is nowhere near the old ones. The build quality is really pathetic, with huge panel gaps. Plastics are really cheap, and with an equally underpowered engine. Perfact the only positive factor is that it still manages to turn heads. Infact still one of the best looking cars under 10L. Please..where is the MIVEC??
Old 28th May 2007, 22:09   #50
Senior - BHPian

We need a new Lancer and we need it fast, i dont know when Mitsu will have sense to get new partners, HM is a plain bunch of idiots selling a 8 year old car now with clear lens headlamps and liquid colour range
Old 28th May 2007, 22:50   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
I test drove the 2008 Lancer, hoping to get a good deal on the GTS version.
Its a pretty godo vehicle, though the plactics used seem to be a little cheap. The car handles well,and i loveee the F1 style paddle shifts. Its a pretty good things to use,after the standard stick shift in my Mazda 3.

The sound system was superb,and the 10" subs in the boot were great. It just 152bhp,so nothing great on that front.
Overall its got the looks,and the air dams give it a mean styling.

I was looking to trade-in my 3 for the GTS version..still working on it,coz i got my wife her 1st car yesterday (the 2004 Kia Optima, with leather seats and most of the works)..
The car is underpowered!!! So be prepared for that!!!
Other that, it is an awesome car. I am waiting on the EVO X.
Old 29th May 2007, 09:52   #52
Senior - BHPian

was inquiring with the owner of the dealership himself.

1. The current lancer will stay on sale for a total of 10 years.
2. next generation lancer is in the coming and will be on sale the moment 1.5 is lifted from the market. approx price 14-16 lacs.
3. Outlander is coming 2008. the current model with all the improvements from market feedback. This was Mitsubishi japan's idea.
4. I-car will be launched late 2008.
5. 3 models will be launched every year.

the statements are logical but dont know if they are true.
Old 29th May 2007, 12:58   #53
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
2. next generation lancer is in the coming and will be on sale the moment 1.5 is lifted from the market. approx price 14-16 lacs.
Logical!! A Lancer for 14 - 16 lacs. Even though HM is stupid, they arent so to price a C+ segment car at D segment levels.
Old 29th May 2007, 13:35   #54
Senior - BHPian

If you remember, the dealers had been quoting cedia's ex-showroom price as 12-14 lacs before it was launched. it debuted at 9.67.

I dont expect the latest lancer to retail more than 12 (if it is actually released in 2008 i.e.) It will certainly undercut civic's price.

That's y its logical.
Old 29th May 2007, 13:39   #55
h.k
BHPian

lancer is a great car, it has a massive road presence, and truly a drivers car, i am great fan of lancer.

there is no diesel option in the new lancer, also the new lancer will be priced at 12laks plus. now that not cheap when you have honda civic around,
hisham
Old 19th June 2007, 15:49   #56
BHPian

Its unfortunate that Mitsu is not doing well inspite of having some of the most "exciting to drive" cars/SUVs like Galant, Pajero etc. I enjoyed driving a rented Galant during my last short sting in CA, USA. Even though its noisier than a Camry and not quite suitable for city jaunts, it really changed its character once taken to hilly areas and winding roads. Got a good drunt also.

However I think their cars are rated poorly in most IQ and LTQ surveys.

Hope atleast this time it will be launched with the CVT option.
Old 19th June 2007, 18:31   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
Its unfortunate that Mitsu is not doing well inspite of having some of the most "exciting to drive" cars/SUVs like Galant, Pajero etc. I enjoyed driving a rented Galant during my last short sting in CA, USA. Even though its noisier than a Camry and not quite suitable for city jaunts, it really changed its character once taken to hilly areas and winding roads. Got a good drunt also.
I too have that excessive wind noise problem with my Galant. It is not suitable for City 'cause its almost as big as a Camry or Accord. With the new Galant, Mitsu has really entered into Camry/Accord territory.
I hope that the new Lancer will bring some excitement.
Old 27th June 2007, 13:53   #58
Senior - BHPian

with the new montero in, there is a definite possibility that the dealer was telling the truth.
Old 9th July 2007, 13:17   #59
BHPian

Any news if they are going to introduce the 2008 Lancer soon in India?

How will this affect the re-sale value of the current Cedia?
Old 5th October 2007, 21:21   #60
BHPian

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer

Is there any news of the all-new 2008 Lancer, or any other 'worth looking forward to' product from Mitsubishi heading to India in the year 2008 ? Only confirmed news only, guyz !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks