Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2007, 18:36   #91
BHPian

RE: New lancer. when will it come to India

So when is the new Lancer coming to India? i dont understand why Mitsu doesnt announce plans of their product launches and instead prefer to keep their cards close to their chest.
Old 16th October 2007, 06:58   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Well,
i don't know about India but i saw the new Lancer in NY and the car is STUNNING!
I am seriously considering buying the Lancer GTS out here next year instead of the Civic SI.
And 150BHP is RS whipping power (and the best part is no turbo lag!).
Old 16th October 2007, 07:57   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Well,
i don't know about India but i saw the new Lancer in NY and the car is STUNNING!
I am seriously considering buying the Lancer GTS out here next year instead of the Civic SI.
Oh yea...she looks mean for sure. Why dont you wait for the evo though?
Old 16th October 2007, 11:54   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

@khanak - it's a wee bit too expensive. I have a budget and the GTS fits in perfectly.
Maybe if i get an 08 lancer Evo IX cheap. But will still go for a TD and then decide.
Old 17th October 2007, 01:28   #95
Senior - BHPian

EVO 8 will bleed U with the insurance premiums.
Old 17th October 2007, 01:49   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well,
I had been considering trading my mazda 3 in for the 2008 Lancer GTS. I liked most aspects about it,except that getting out of the rear seats is a pain. The door structure is as such that it obstructs your feet while getting down. Not an issue if you don't usually have people sitting in the 2nd row.

I'll most probably wait for the next Evo! (Right now its far away from what I can afford,but in a couple of years...hmm, maybe!!)
Old 17th October 2007, 21:45   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

@Nitin - The car will be used an driven by me and only me. Passengers would be friends. Guess they should be able to live with that.
And Power isn't all that important to me right now. Need looks, good quality and decent power for the the highways out here. And of course, a cheap price and low insurance premiums with good FE and i think the Lancer meets all those criterion.
Old 17th October 2007, 21:52   #98
Senior - BHPian

Ah..then this should be the perfect car!
I did shop around to find insurance rates on the Lancer. Turns out that its not too different from other cars in the same segment. Of course,there are a lot of factors to look at,while considering insurance.
Old 17th October 2007, 23:06   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

@nitin - I will be getting a local license next year and will be a new driver, using the car for around 3 years.
I guess the insurance for me would be higher.
Lets see. Will be deciding next year but this car is a HOT contender already.
Do you think there will be good discount next year in say Sept when they are clearing out the stocks?
Old 18th October 2007, 01:38   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@nitin - I will be getting a local license next year and will be a new driver, using the car for around 3 years.
I guess the insurance for me would be higher.
Lets see. Will be deciding next year but this car is a HOT contender already.
Do you think there will be good discount next year in say Sept when they are clearing out the stocks?
Oh,for a 1st time driver the rates are pretty high.Would help if you take the Defensive driving test.
The best time to buy a car is when a dealership gets its new lot of cars. Touch base with the local Mitsubishi dealer and find out when they'll be receiving their stock,and if its a month away..you know its time to get the Lancer.They usually offer lots of incentives to clear up the old stock.
Old 18th October 2007, 01:40   #101
Senior - BHPian

Ok, this thread is for us homebound souls to salivate and dream. If you guys want to discuss when you're booking your ones, please start a new thread, and don't rub it in here.

Please?
Old 18th October 2007, 01:42   #102
Senior - BHPian

Sorry about that,v1p3r..my apologies!
Bottom line- I'm pretty sure the new Lancer will hit Indian shores sooner or later..
Old 18th October 2007, 04:11   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

@V1p3r - sorry bro. But when we do buy one, we'll surely upload the pics on our garage for you to salivate more on them. The car should be in India soon. Albeit with a price tag of 12-13L and a 150BHP engine (hopefully).

@Nitin - Will do that. Car seems much better and exclusive than the Civic but then im bowled over by the CR-V and new Accord Coupe. Will start a thread on it soon when its the time to buy. Thanks!
Old 26th October 2007, 19:06   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Mitsubishi India are known to have a 10-year mandatory lifecyle for any of their products. With that in mind, its unlikely the Cedia will be phased out.

Being a fan of Mitsubishi, I wish that they dont launch any more vehicles without setting right their sales/service operations here. Its doing their current vehicles no good - which is very sad esp due to the accomplished nature of their products.
Lets admit it, the Cedia is a good, solid car but it hasnt been a success. HM can revive the brand's fortunes by introducing the new Lancer not only with that Mivec engine but a diesel as well.

Couple of reasons why the old Lancer did well - 1) Good Looks 2) Petrol/Diesel option and 3) Endless modding opportunity. This baby can tick all of that and more!

But, as theMag mentioned, HM needs to get its act together and improve its after sales if they are serious about Mitsubishi's future in India. Lets hope that HM doest do a Skoda with the pricing of the new Lancer. Selling the Lancer and the Cedia (at a lower price) side-by-side may not work for them.

There are many many old Lancer owners who switched loyalities to other brands only because the Cedia wasnt as exciting. Here is an opportunity to correct that.

Feast your eyes... MITSUBISHI NEW LANCER<English>
Old 26th October 2007, 19:52   #105
Senior - BHPian

Well friends, the new lancer is still not coming and the Mivec engine has been a small dream for me.
So,
I've gone ahead and bought a very old Lancer with a 2.0lt Mivec V6!!
Lets hope I dont face too many hassling issues.
Now will surely need Viper or KS to support me. are Youll listening??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks