Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2007, 03:22   #196
BHPian

I dont believe we are going to see a diesel version of SX4 any time soon. The situation with Swift Diesel's shortsupply has been well documented. I recently heard Rick Wagoner (CEO, General Motors) talking about sourcing diesel engines for GM cars from Maruti Suzuki. His tone in the interview was not very pleasant, instead very demanding, which conveyed a message that GM could go ahead and use their licensing authority to demand supply of diesels from Suzuki for their cars. And GM has no plan to set up a manufacturing facility for diesel engines. So the likely source will have to be Suzuki, whose plant in Gurgaon does not become fully functional atleast till the end of the year. It has a capacity of 100,000 engines per annum, though it might be too less if GM and Fiat start queueing up.

How I would dearly love to see a 1.9 JTD in an SX4? I know thats asking too much. It won't be too bad if we got a 90 BHP / 105 BHP 1.3 JTD.
Old 25th April 2007, 04:09   #197
Senior - BHPian

the m16 is the same engine thats there in the swift sport and the liana although it produces 120 bhp in the swift. So that means we can think of some home made swift sports in the future.
Old 25th April 2007, 04:11   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askicode View Post
Source: Maruti’s SX4 coming in May
Sadly, Maruti is not planning to get the diesel version of SX4. I thought with the success of Swift Diesel, Maruti would be pretty upbeat of powering its SX4 range with atleast one diesel variant.
Do no believe whatever they say, esp negative ones! Its part of big people's strategy. Anything can happen. If the SX4 fails with petrol, then the next obvious attempt is to plonk a diesel and re-launch it!

I am sure there is a a lot of chance that we can see the SX4 (either the sedan or the wagon) with the diesel (chances are more for a smaller MJT, if not 1.9) somewhere in 2008.
Old 25th April 2007, 04:14   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
It really looks like Maruti is in 5th gear. All the new tech and new models being launched here. They have completely moved out from their initial 'all new esteem' mode. There is no doubt the pricing will be perfect. They are entering into a segment which they have never tasted success. And they are getting the best car to do it. I am really hoping it does well so that they get more models (SUVs please).
yea thank god Maruti didnt launch the Liana or the Aerio. I tihnk we should really be happy with the SX4. The sedan version was announced at the NY auto show and were already getting it. This is a BIG step forward for Maruti after the swift with them usually launching cars in India that have been around for ever abroad and even selling different generations of the same car together

Last edited by khanak : 25th April 2007 at 04:15.
Old 25th April 2007, 12:39   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
So the likely source will have to be Suzuki, whose plant in Gurgaon does not become fully functional atleast till the end of the year. It has a capacity of 100,000 engines per annum, though it might be too less if GM and Fiat start queueing up.
100,000 P.A. is the intial diesel engine production capacity of the plant that'll soon be upgraded to 300,000 P.A.

Check this:

Green Car Congress: Maruti Targets Indian Diesel Car Market

Last edited by directinjection : 25th April 2007 at 12:41.
Old 25th April 2007, 15:16   #201
Senior - BHPian

mclaren

what i know is a different story. the launch will be on may 3rd and the haryana ex showroom price is 5.85 lacs, for vxi. there will be only two versions vxi and zxi differentiators being probably stereo airbags and abs. that aside there are features like stereo controls over steering wheel, 102 bhp 1.6 engine and power-all in all versions. and 16", 205 rubber.

the training folks are upbeat about the car itself though the colours i couldnt get an idea about, i expect navy blue, white black, red and maybe grey.

the highest end version maybe about 7.5 lacs. since my swift diesel Vdi is taking toooooo long than expected, i ve upgraded my booking to sx4 sedan. the deliveries can be late, unless you are one of those who plonk your money on the car before its launch or in the first few and anyday i can withdraw the amount as well if i am not happy or want to cancel.
Old 25th April 2007, 15:20   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
... 102 bhp 1.6 engine and power-all in all versions. and 16", 205 rubber...
whaaaaaaaat? At 5.85L? From Maruti? Looks like we've got a winner here.
Old 25th April 2007, 15:30   #203
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
mclaren
i ve upgraded my booking to sx4 sedan. the deliveries can be late, unless you are one of those who plonk your money on the car before its launch or in the first few and anyday i can withdraw the amount as well if i am not happy or want to cancel.

You have booked the SX4?? Wow, so its really coming on may 3
Old 25th April 2007, 15:35   #204
Team-BHP Support

So who really is going to buy a Logan now!
Old 25th April 2007, 15:40   #205
Senior - BHPian

tsk,

its only a change in what car i want. the money i gave still remains with them. atleast i am happy they are flexible. i have nothing to lose. as i earlier pointed out in a different thread, now i have an old honda city 1.5 GXI at around 6 lacs or this one at around 7 OTR for lower end. i want to TD this too and check out my seating comfort.

OffTopic: had visited atleast 2 orthopaedics yesterday and i seem to have a case of one muscle cramp on my left foot, one nerve twist on my left knee and left knee cap wear and tear symptoms. bad for me, but the doc told me that i could still drive cars, though i have to minimize it as much as possible. though an automatic would do me good, i also have an option of hiring a driver or driving less on the other hand. with my choices now really narrowed down to either the old honda or sx4, its just about what i think of when may 1st week launch happens after driving sx4.

ontopic: one more thing i ve observed is marutis interest rates for cars are among the lowest and their emi's are sweet compared to other cars. i think now its 2300 bucks for a 5 yrs loan per lac or something like that. so that extra stretch of another lac wont pinch me hard.

to end my post >> i have NOT booked an SX4, i ve made a provisional payment towards it in the hope that its booked in someway during the launch phase in the first lot for me!
Old 25th April 2007, 15:41   #206
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
mclaren

what i know is a different story. the launch will be on may 3rd
You could be true .. Because when the GM called me up the line wasn't clear .. He did mention ''3'' and ''may'' now not sure if he said may 3rd or 3rd week of may .. A little too held up right now to go to the showroom and find out .. Shall anyways be getting an invitation for the launch without fail .. So we shall know soon .. Just wish my family was ready to buy another car .. If the engine is any different , more powerful and mod friendly it could have well seen the engine bay of my car ..

Gs , whom have you placed the booking for the swift with ?? If its RNS I could help you out ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 25th April 2007 at 15:44.
Old 25th April 2007, 16:18   #207
BHPian

5.85 looks to good to be true .. I hope they provide some good package at that price. We don't need another logan ( trimmed down sedan ).
Old 25th April 2007, 16:26   #208
Senior - BHPian

Mclaren, it is with Bimal.
Old 25th April 2007, 16:38   #209
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Mclaren, it is with Bimal.
not the best of dealers. pls' be ultra careful at the time of delivery.
Old 25th April 2007, 16:53   #210
BHPian

just wondering what will be domain name of SX4. The typical maruti domain names can be

www marutisx4 com
www marutisx4 co in
www marutisx4 in

but they are registered with net4. It happened earliar with Estilo ( www marutiestilo com ).

Last edited by navdeep : 25th April 2007 at 16:56.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks