Old 25th April 2007, 17:51   #211
Senior - BHPian

try sx4.marutiudyog.com
Old 25th April 2007, 17:54   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
try sx4.marutiudyog.com
Nopes .. not sure in future too. Usually its tata who goes for sub domains ( indigo.tatamotors.com ).
Old 25th April 2007, 20:12   #213
Senior - BHPian

got some more in depth information. the seating in sx4 will be theatre style, with higher back seats and lower front seats. there will be electrically controlled side view mirrors. defogger and fog lamps maybe standard. 10 colours atleast. two airbags for driver and co passenger. mp3 player on higher end version and cd player on lower end version. 4 speakers and 2 tweeters as well. 510 litres boot it looks like. 190 mm ground clearance 20mm more than honda city. 16" alloys on higher end zxi only. whether it will be a/c or climate control is not clear. leather seats is an option to be offered for higher end model. tinted windows whether they will offer is still a question. i m not sure about the torque too and bhp @ what rpm details. but one thing i know for sure, honda is gonna get kicked on its b**t for sure with sx4. as usual maruti is going to be the benchmark for all other cars to follow suit with airbags and ABS.

i hate car makers for this one reason. for some reason they put aside safety just citing cost as a reason, and when one guy like maruti provides it then everyone say our car has abs twin airbags ultra safe etc. i mean what about those bakras you sold to yesteryear ?? that time your safety was just crumple zones and bumper! sicko guys. honda wake up and give airbags and reduce your prices. your image funda wont last long enough!!

waiting to lay my hands on the sx4. one thing i dont understand is that other than the 10 odd % of road tax we pay, there is now a 12.5% vat on the car. this damn thing itself is almost 50-60k. i just dont understand this idiotic govt funda of taxing already taxed stuff. seems like they are just looking for reasons these days to add tax! so much for proactive governments.

deliveries of sx4 (whatever available quantities) maybe about 2 wks from booking looks like, so may not be the case like swift which is good.

Last edited by GeekSrik : 25th April 2007 at 20:15.
Old 25th April 2007, 22:35   #214
Team-BHP Support

Take a peak at this road test. Not the sedan we are getting, but should give a fairly good idea of what to expect. Pardon me if its been posted before.
Old 25th April 2007, 23:53   #215
Senior - BHPian

Ok, spoke to a friend today evening who also happens to be the Editor of a car mag in our market!! Turns out he was testing the SX4 around that time, here is the details he told me about it:

1. Expected on 3/4 May
2. ZXi priced at about 7L ex-showroom (not finalised yet though)
3. ZXi equipment includes the following:
a. 16" Alloys
b. Front Airbags
c. ABS
d. Steering controls for Stereo
e. Climate control

Also had a short discussion about ti being over-priced & he said that it seems that MUL have learnt their lesson last time around but can't be sure until the car actually hits the road & the price is revealed!!

P.S. Also asked him about a friend's dilemma of buying a Spark or Estilo & he recommended the Spark!! Says it's a good car, let's see what happens at its launch.

Also will keep you guys updated if I get any more info!
Old 26th April 2007, 07:51   #216
Senior - BHPian

oops! at 7 lac ex-showroom the ending up price may well be into higher end honda territory. but generally one never knows how maruti may price this car until the last date before launch would anyone here post the torque and bhp values at different rpms?
Old 26th April 2007, 09:07   #217
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

got some more in depth information. the seating in sx4 will be theatre style, with higher back seats and lower front seats. there will be electrically controlled side view mirrors. defogger and fog lamps maybe standard. 10 colours atleast. two airbags for driver and co passenger. mp3 player on higher end version and cd player on lower end version. 4 speakers and 2 tweeters as well. 510 litres boot it looks like. 190 mm ground clearance 20mm more than honda city. 16" alloys on higher end zxi only. whether it will be a/c or climate control is not clear.
Talk about fully loaded! And 16 inch alloy wheels no less. Kudos to Maruti for showing 'em who is no.1.

Quote:
2. ZXi priced at about 7L ex-showroom (not finalised yet though)
If the ZXi is priced at 7, then the mid-equipped variant (which most people opt for) could be 6? First the Fiesta attacks the NHC and now the SX4. Superb.
Old 26th April 2007, 10:35   #218
BHPian

190mm GC? Now I know why the rear-end looks like somebody lifted up its skirts. The New Baleno boys will never complain about their rides scraping the speed-breakers.
On the other hand, it mind end up looking like a Chevy aveo - which might be a good thing or bad thing depending on which side of the fence you are.
Old 26th April 2007, 12:01   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey View Post
190mm GC? Now I know why the rear-end looks like somebody lifted up its skirts.

Even I was wondering 190mm is quite high for a sedan, I guess it should be really heavy for a good ride. (else it will suffer from body roll isnt it??)

I think 190mm is probably for the sx4 crossover(SUV).... I may be wrong...

16" alloys will be awesome....!! 7L ex-showroom for high end, I think the vernas fiestas and NHCs will surely watch have to watch out....
Old 26th April 2007, 12:14   #220
BHPian

SX4 More details

For more details, refer to the following link. I dont know if everything said here is correct...

SX4 & the City-News-Indiatimes Auto
Old 26th April 2007, 12:29   #221
Senior - BHPian

If they do put in the M16, Bangalore is going to be so happy. All you need is a couple of camshafts, and voila, 125 bhp!
Old 26th April 2007, 12:49   #222
Senior - BHPian

SX4 package looks attractive at the price mentioned. But I won't believe it till I see it in the showroom.
Old 26th April 2007, 13:36   #223
Team-BHP Support

The website is "marutisx4.in"
Look what the "whois" revealed
Quote:
Registrant Name:Rajesh Uppal
Registrant Organization:Maruti Udyog Limited
Expect the site to be up and running by may.
Even the .co.in version is owned by Maruti Udyog.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 26th April 2007 at 13:38.
Old 26th April 2007, 15:37   #224
Senior - BHPian

C3po, Is that M16 engine a twin-cam??
Old 26th April 2007, 15:50   #225

some more details

Its going to be four cylinder, 1.6 litre engine which cranks out 102 bhp and 145 Nm torque is part of its M series.

SX4 & the City-News-Indiatimes Auto
Closed Thread

Most Viewed