Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2007, 13:26   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallystar
Saw the New baleno SX4 yesterday.They were getting it down from the trailer .It was black in colour.It looks much better than in the photographs.Also the wheels were 16".looks like it could be launched any of these days.
So the launch should be pretty soon. Cool.
Still can't believe that MUL is going ahead with 16" wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb
why are they not retaining the old name (baleno) for the SX4.... does it mean that the baleno will be completely out of the market
Maybe they want to position this as an entirely new offering and do not want any association with the old Baleno name (low initial sales, heavy discounts and stuff). The old Baleno is anyway not available in the market for the past few months.
Old 27th April 2007, 13:51   #242
Senior - BHPian

One question here folks,

why do people think honda has quality while maruti does not? is it only a perceptional feeling or is there really something which quantifies this quality metric?

dont honda cars have niggling problems like an occassional rattle or two ever?

and lastly wont a new car like sx4 be built to last? atleast wont it be sturdy enough. i know that with swift there were issues, but would it be repeated for the sx4 too (that is if they are from the same platform?)

OT: its interesting to see 17 pages of discussion on the sx4. this probably only shows maruti's convincing act in the auto market!
Old 27th April 2007, 13:53   #243
Team-BHP Support

geeksrik, please do not start the Honda vs Maruti topic in this thread! You have no idea of where it can lead to.

This thread is for discussing the new Baleno/SX4. Lets keep it at that!
Old 27th April 2007, 14:00   #244
BHPian

My brother's team is getting trained on the SX4. It indeed has 16" wheels. One of the high end models will also have the stereo controls on the steering itself.
Interiors are in beige color. He was also telling me that the car indicates the outside temperature also.

Stereo is in built and not removable. Its 1586 CC.

Last edited by Sush : 27th April 2007 at 14:06.
Old 27th April 2007, 14:02   #245
Senior - BHPian

sush

would be nice if you can hitch the pricing details from him! and anything else that he mentioned about the car like mileage details? even approximately just for understanding
Old 27th April 2007, 14:03   #246
Team-BHP Support

So, finally the launch should be pretty close.
Going by the features Sush has mentioned, it seems to be offerring a segment first, provding stereo controls on the steering wheel !!

Sush, any indications on the pricing?

@GeekSrik : The SX4 being a Maruti offerring, rest assured FE concerns will be taken care of.
Old 27th April 2007, 14:09   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
sush

would be nice if you can hitch the pricing details from him! and anything else that he mentioned about the car like mileage details? even approximately just for understanding
I asked him about the price but even he doesn't know it yet. He has the brochure and today evening I will try to get more information.
Old 27th April 2007, 14:10   #248
Senior - BHPian

my concerns on the FE of sx4 was primarily because of the 102bhp and 205 tyres. the same sentiments have been echoed earlier in the posts as well on this thread. if the car can give 12 with a/c in city, rest assured it will provide enough competition to other cars.
Old 27th April 2007, 16:38   #249
BHPian

Just talked to Rohan Motors at Mathura Road - accepting 1 lakh as booking amount for the SX4 - have a big Poster outside with just the Name "SX4" etc splashed on
The lady there said it would be launched end of next week (3rd/4th) - did not give me any info on the variants - said the car would be in their showroom in a week after the launch
hmmmm..... why is the SX4 not coming with an automatic variant?
Old 27th April 2007, 21:45   #250
BHPian

OT : Hoping someone at Maruti is actually reading all this ( yeah, we know they do )
Old 27th April 2007, 23:41   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
and lastly wont a new car like sx4 be built to last? atleast wont it be sturdy enough. i know that with swift there were issues, but would it be repeated for the sx4 too (that is if they are from the same platform?)
Interesting but not many people are talking about the Fiat connection in the design of the SX4.
Old 28th April 2007, 05:48   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Interesting but not many people are talking about the Fiat connection in the design of the SX4.
We know that Fiat & Suzuki jointly developed the Fiat Sedici/ Suzuki SX4, but nobody wants to bring Fiat into the discussion, you know why ... That's why i keep my mouth shut, even though i'm an ardent Fiat fan ... So lets keep the discussion to SX4
Old 28th April 2007, 07:48   #253
Senior - BHPian

102bhp ok..16inch? 205? Stereo controls on the steering?
Old 28th April 2007, 08:23   #254
Senior - BHPian

With these specs, 16'' , ABS, Airbags, ClimControl, Stereo switches on Steering, 205 tyres, discs on all 4 wheels, MUL is giving us a fully loaded car which has everything the corrolla has at a NHC price.... lol...this is great....

I would assume ( now this is a wild guess / hunch ), FE would be around 10 - 12 in the city with AC.. I am happy if this will give me around 10....

Finally decided now without even looking / td the car...I put my money on SX4..will buy it within a few weeks of its launching..... had been debating to buy a NHC / Verna / Cedia now for a long time, this car ( after seeing the spy pics - assumed specs, it will beat the s*^t out of most cars in its category,

Being a loyal Hyundai Fan ( 5 cars & 7 years later ), I am now switching towards MUL....
Old 28th April 2007, 10:27   #255
Senior - BHPian

vkochar

have you already put the money? did the dealer actually talk about anything related to booking before the car is launched? its interesting but I ve never heard of any dealer (barring this MUL case for sx4) accepting bookings before car is launched!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks