Old 4th May 2007, 15:51   #391
BHPian

Which dealer did u get them from?
Old 4th May 2007, 15:52   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal1983 View Post
Zxi ( in addition to above)
auto air conditioner, driver's height adjuster, keyless entry, integrated stereo, stereo remote, 4 speakers + 2 tweeters, alloy wheels, body coloured side mouldings rear view mirrors, front fog lamps , front airbags, 3 point ELR front seat belts, ABS/EBD.
looks like ZXi is spot on in terms of features / equipment... Lets hope the pricing is also spot on..
Old 4th May 2007, 15:53   #393
BHPian

What about Disc brakes at the back

Hi , i have been going through this post, but never got the information whether this car has solid disc brakes at the back for the top end model.

Can anyone throw some light on this
Old 4th May 2007, 15:58   #394
Team-BHP Support

So its the ZXi version which gets the integrated stereo, and not across all variants. I feel this will be priced pretty close to the base level Corolla.
Looks like they have carried on with the 15 and 16 inch wheels as many speculated on this thread.
Old 4th May 2007, 16:09   #395
BHPian

The zxi is truly LOADED!!!!

However,I am surprised people are booking even before launch.... considering the first few cars are bound to be alpha tested (c'mon dont tell me thats not true)....and are up for beta trial through actual consumers... ( for fixing any rattling issues etc)....

More importantly, the aspects like headroom, seating posture etc can only be seen after test driving. We are not a car starved nation anymore, I am sure people can wait... About 25 years back people used to book Maruti for making profits....wondering if we are heading back to that territory!!!

Whats up with this "men" aspect in the campaign?? It doesnt look aligned to that kind of campaign....well Maruti ad campaigns.... we know.... the estilo and now sx4men
Old 4th May 2007, 16:34   #396
BHPian

What is this iCATS feature supposed to be Is it an inbuilt security for the car akin to "black cat" security for idiots in Parliament ?
Old 4th May 2007, 16:49   #397
Senior - BHPian

Just back from a MUL dealer showroom. They were downloading huge boxes - promo material for the 7th launch.

Didn't show me any brochure however showed a phone cam video of the car. 4 of them are in their workshop - don't have time to go visit. (They'd allowed a dekho of the Estilo before the launch at the workshop).

Kunal's specs are spot on. They mentioned the same details. It's not the Baleno engine. M16A.
They were going gaga over the interiors.
MUL will supposedly have a gala launch and follow-up ad campaign.

There's a possibility that the ZXi OTR price might hit 8ish. Dangerously in NHC territory (with honda due for a feature upgrade). Also pretty close to base model Optra / Corolla.
Old 4th May 2007, 16:52   #398

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmishra83 View Post
Which dealer did u get them from?
ARPA Auto in Gurgaon.

the reason to book early has no cons attached as the booking can always be cancelled or transferred to someone for a premium in case car/pricing is not upto my liking.

I have also spoken to my friend who has driven SX4 as he is in maruti and he was pretty happy with the performance.

Another smart addition is iCATS . Saw on a news channel that insurance companies will give discount in case a car is fitted with immobiliser.
Old 4th May 2007, 16:55   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
looks like ZXi is spot on in terms of features / equipment... Lets hope the pricing is also spot on..
I doubt it.....the more I'm hearing about the features, the more I feel its going to be a steep price to pay for........and with two out of two recent launches being way out of sync as far as pricing is concerned, I hope Maruti don't make the same mistake
Old 4th May 2007, 17:00   #400
BHPian

no matter how many goodies they add .. it is going to sell if its priced well ( read cheap ). Maruti has to prove themselves in this segment. They cannot ask a premium for new engine and goodies.
Old 4th May 2007, 17:20   #401
Senior - BHPian

On the colors part,

the grey would be the same azure grey of swift, white and black are understandable, will the red be a flame red kind of thing (like the palio stile) - something like in this photo? (seen at worldcarfans.com)

And is copper sort of goldish/brownish kind of colour? can anyone answer my queries?
Old 4th May 2007, 17:22   #402
Team-BHP Support

I'm guessing the copper will be the new colour which is in the swift.
Old 4th May 2007, 17:31   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
They cannot ask a premium for new engine and goodies.
IMO , I think they just did it with a new engine for Swift D and are laughing all the way to the Bank , even without the goodies ..

ofcourse the Petrol SX4 is a different ball game..but 102 BHP iin NHC Vtec territory ( 100 PS ) ...and NHc vtec at 8.11 lakhs ex showroom bangalore ( approx 9.75 lacs on road ) does not have ABS, EBD , airbags , climatronic AC and plenty of other goodies present in SX 4.
Old 4th May 2007, 17:38   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ofcourse the Petrol SX4 is a different ball game..but 102 BHP iin NHC Vtec territory ( 100 PS ) ...and NHc vtec at 8.11 lakhs ex showroom bangalore ( approx 9.75 lacs on road ) does not have ABS, EBD , airbags , climatronic AC and plenty of other goodies present in SX 4.
Frankly - for a laaaarge population :
The words 'NHC VTec' > ABS, EBD, Climatronic, Airbags, Integrated Stereo, 16" wheels, 205 rubber more space .... XXX, YYY, ZZZ .. blah blah.

And what happens if within 2/3 months NHC gets ABS, Airbags ?

IMO the only chance MUL have, is to price it significantly lower and harp on the MUL A.S.S. factor.
Even then it might see the fate of the Verna 1.6XXi.
Old 4th May 2007, 17:45   #405
BHPian

Quote:
IMO , I think they just did it with a new engine for Swift D and are laughing all the way to the Bank , even without the goodies ..
Yes but I have mentioned in my post that they should not in this segment.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed