Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2007, 17:52   #406
BHPian

Color

Gee...Any color is good as long as it is White
Don't know why but after hitting the 'right' side of 30, I have started to appreciate the 'elegant and the classy' - Just like my shoe cupboard now sports 80% moccasins and brogues rather than Timberlands and Nikes.

Cheers
PS: Absolutely no offences meant for the members on the 'wrong side of 30!
Old 4th May 2007, 17:53   #407
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
On the colors part,

the grey would be the same azure grey of swift, white and black are understandable, will the red be a flame red kind of thing (like the palio stile) - something like in this photo? (seen at worldcarfans.com)

And is copper sort of goldish/brownish kind of colour? can anyone answer my queries?

see this

See Suzuki SX4 color samples at CarsDirect.com

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 4th May 2007 at 17:56.
Old 4th May 2007, 17:55   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsailor View Post
Don't know why but after hitting the 'right' side of 30, I have started to appreciate the 'elegant and the classy' - Just like my shoe cupboard now sports 80% moccasins and brogues rather than Timberlands and Nikes.

Cheers
PS: Absolutely no offences meant for the members on the 'wrong side of 30!
X, how do you decide which side is right and which side isn't?

P.S.: I'm already appreciating white colour on cars, I'm getting old kya?
Old 4th May 2007, 17:56   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
1. Frankly - for a laaaarge population :
The words 'NHC VTec' > ABS, EBD, Climatronic, Airbags, Integrated Stereo, 16" wheels, 205 rubber more space .... XXX, YYY, ZZZ .. blah blah.

2. And what happens if within 2/3 months NHC gets ABS, Airbags ?

3. IMO the only chance MUL have, is to price it significantly lower and harp on the MUL A.S.S. factor.

4. Even then it might see the fate of the Verna 1.6XXi.
1. true.. But maruti brand name is no pushover as well ( in India ). And times are changing .Jagdish khattar was heard saying SX4 will bring back maruti loyalists who grew out of marutis range..people who wanted bigger / better cars than esteem / baleno but maruti had nothing to offer them all these years.

2. NHC + abs / airbags at what price ? If they add all goodies and maintain the current price, it shows they were ripping off Indian buyers all these years and were forced to add goodies , when competition came along. If they hike price by a lac, nhc vtec will cross the 11 lac OTR mark in Blr., inching towards Octavia territory.

3. I think they will harp on VFM considering the goodies offered + ofcourse the A** factor

4. good for us consumers..Hope this will bring in more competition and reduction of prices by manufacturers..
Old 4th May 2007, 18:00   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
4. good for us consumers..Hope this will bring in
more competition and reduction of prices by manufacturers..
That is the bottomline. 5 yrs back we had cars with none of these features, selling at prices more than this.
Old 4th May 2007, 18:01   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ofcourse the Petrol SX4 is a different ball game..but 102 BHP iin NHC Vtec territory ( 100 PS ) ...and NHc vtec at 8.11 lakhs ex showroom bangalore ( approx 9.75 lacs on road ) does not have ABS, EBD , airbags , climatronic AC and plenty of other goodies present in SX 4.
All these goodies in one place still dont equal the grand image of Honda. When you are driving a 9lac car and are asked by someone which car, you surely would feel better saying Honda rather then Maruti
Old 4th May 2007, 18:04   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal1983 View Post
Zxi ( in addition to above)
driver's height adjuster,
Damn, looks like Maruti has gone seriously high-tech. You can now even adjust the Driver's height in the SX4!!!!! Wonder how though

P.S. What's next? Rear seat driver volume & command adjuster!!!!

Last edited by iraghava : 4th May 2007 at 18:07.
Old 4th May 2007, 18:11   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
The zxi is truly LOADED!!!!
Whats up with this "men" aspect in the campaign?? It doesnt look aligned to that kind of campaign....well Maruti ad campaigns.... we know.... the estilo and now sx4men
I bet Maruti doesnt know what Men in India want..Sx4 certainly doesnt look like a MANS car.. likes of Mustang, corvette etc.. they are creating so much hype about it.. They already have a womans car in the ESTILO (Men could hardly fit into that BOX) now we are going to have a car for the MEN in india.. gotto see how it would be.. How do they get these stupid marketing ideas!!
Old 4th May 2007, 18:20   #414
Senior - BHPian

Whether it will equal or excel the Honda image will be seen in a few days to come.

To be frank, I think we are giving too much weightage to the so-called Honda name. However much I admire Honda, I think they are winning here mainly due to lack of proper competition and some smart products. And not really due to brand image.

What competition really does the Accord and CRV have at that price range ? With the NHC, the smart thing was the FE plank. High FE claims (and actually delivering best of segment FE) will bring Indians to even the dealership of Fiat. Civic is again a smart product at that price range, with virtually no real competition till newer cars come from the competitors.

Now that we have a better idea of the possible specs of SX4, I feel that if priced between 7-8 lakhs, it is going to do great, Honda or otherwise.

IMO they also had a low-end Lxi version, that would have been good to draw in more volumes.

OT: I am glad they are not calling it Baleno. There was only one Baleno and it is good to know that it will remain that way, instead of being called Old Baleno and stuff.
Old 4th May 2007, 18:33   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think we are giving too much weightage to the so-called Honda name.
I totally agree with you on this. I feel the SX4 is a much better car but only because of the image of Honda, Citys will continue to sell more.

Quote:
IMO they also had a low-end Lxi version, that would have been good to draw in more volumes.
Maruti wants to keep this car as a executive one. Imagine a Lxi with one side mirrors, 175/70/14 tyres and all will make it look miserly. Maybe MUL has a LXi as a backup. If the Zxi and Vxi dont put sales chart on fire.

I so hope the SX4 is a hit, i really apreciate VFM cars like Baleno, SX4.

p.s. I just love the tyre size, its the same as the Laura which is more then double the price, just imagine the grip levels and the handling on 16inchers. Upsize would be something like 225/50/18
Old 4th May 2007, 18:50   #416
Senior - BHPian

iCats(intelligent Computerised Anti-Theft system) -> in simple terms immobilizer from maruti

Quote:
Maruti Udyog is all set to introduce the immobilizer system across all its models.

The device, called iCATs (intelligent Computerised Anti-Theft system) works on the principle of multiplexed communication. Under this system, a transponder — inbuilt into the car key — carries a unique electronic identification and a secret code that digitally communicates with the engine computer via a controller.

If the secret code matches, the engine starts and in case of a mismatch, the electronic circuitry does not let the car to start, thereby preventing the car from being stolen.

According to a source, the new device will increase the cost of all Maruti cars that drive out in the next few weeks and the company plans to pass on the hike to the prospective buyers.

The hike which will be in few thousands will be passed on to the consumers and there is no reason why people will be hesitant to shell out some more money to ensure extra safety, he adds.
Source:
Maruti goes for anti-theft device-India Business-Business-The Times of India

The Vxi looks so bare-boned in front of the ZXi,I am expecting a significant pricing differential between the two models.However if the Zxi model itself is just 8ish OTR then the vxi model could be around a lakh less,if this is true we surely are going to see some action in this segment.

Ps: Thank you kunal,sriky,shuvc and Xsailor for your scoops.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 4th May 2007 at 19:03.
Old 4th May 2007, 19:28   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
but only because of the image of Honda, Citys will continue to sell more.
The Fiesta has come pretty close to NHC figures. Ok, I know that diesel is contributing to the volumes for Fiesta. But still, Honda is facing stiff competition. If Sx4 does good, then I won't bet on City continuing to be the leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
I just love the tyre size. Upsize would be something like 225/50/18
You tyre guys are just un-satisfiable. They give 13/14 inchers on the Baleno and you want 15. So they do the unimaginable by giving 16 (I think its an overkill) and you want 18.
Old 4th May 2007, 19:33   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You tyre guys are just un-satisfiable
More is not enough always, At the rate people are upsizing the NNNNHC (New new new new new Honda City ZeeeXXX) would be having 22inchers

I bet on SX4 taking the market share in the segment only if its priced right that is. The NHC has become boring and has not toys.

Quote:
The Fiesta has come pretty close to NHC figures
The Fiesta is the best car in that segment currently IMHO. Excellent braking & handling, only draw back is the vision of high spares and poor A.S.S
Old 4th May 2007, 19:44   #419
Distinguished - BHPian

Damn!
the SX4 is looking quite nice.
Wonder who i can convince to buy one and lemme drive it around now..
However, as rightly pointed out, Maruti should watch their pricing.
They went wrong with the Vitara, Baleno, which were much more VFM than many cars in the segment and still they flopped.
The Honda badge is one to reckon with and even prestige car manufacturers like Ford can't match Honda in india, so for budget car manufacturers like Maruti, well, its going to be really difficult.
Old 4th May 2007, 19:53   #420
BHPian

supremeBaleno:I am glad they are not calling it Baleno. There was only one Baleno and it is good to know that it will remain that way, instead of being called Old Baleno and stuff.”

I 100% agree with you on this I am glad Maruti didnt call the SX4 "Baleno".
Closed Thread

Most Viewed