Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2007, 12:42   #841
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Got this SX4 presentation from MUL in my email. Am attaching it for those interested. Download and enjoy.

The are attacking the NHC and the Corolla in it.

Have fun

SX4 Presentation

Sorry , had a power failure - attachment now available.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 9th May 2007 at 13:00.
Old 9th May 2007, 12:44   #842
BHPian

SX4 OTR Pune:

VXi: 7
ZXi: 7.75
ZXi+Leather: 8.03
Old 9th May 2007, 12:47   #843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Guys,

Got this SX4 presentation from MUL in my email. Am attaching it for those interested. Download and enjoy.

Have fun
Where is the attachment ? waiting
Old 9th May 2007, 12:51   #844
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I think Maruti is crazy. They are saying, come you men, ride a man.
This is as stupid as the pulsar ad.
NOW, THATS A MAN ( their caption) is a double entrendre. It is primarily for the guy leaning ( owner) on the SX4 and supposedly since he owns the SX4, he is considered to be a man and if that is the case, then dont know what the rest of us are
Old 9th May 2007, 12:56   #845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Guys,

Have fun
I can see the emperor's new clothes.
Old 9th May 2007, 13:00   #846
BHPian

Woman can wear whatever men wear, but the vice versa does never happen, (may be in very very unusual cases ;-) )

Pulsar is a tough and macho stuff! I have seen women riding pulsar in Pune! Giving a macho image to a product does help it more than it affects, my2c!
Old 9th May 2007, 13:06   #847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
Woman can wear whatever men wear, but the vice versa does never happen, (may be in very very unusual cases ;-) )
It happens na.. i keep on seeing Pink coloured Estilos being driven by bearded ugly men.
Old 9th May 2007, 13:29   #848
Team-BHP Support

I dont think there is any harm as such in advertising a product and projecting it the macho way when majority of the eventual buyers are going to be the masculine variety. It begins to portray a certain aura about it.

As for me, i prefer to refer to my bike as well as my car as the mascuilne gender as they are more of my companion and friend, rather than a partner in the other sense of it.
Old 9th May 2007, 13:57   #849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I dont think there is any harm as such in advertising a product and projecting it the macho way when majority of the eventual buyers are going to be the masculine variety. It begins to portray a certain aura about it.

As for me, i prefer to refer to my bike as well as my car as the mascuilne gender as they are more of my companion and friend, rather than a partner in the other sense of it.
Benny boy, the english language says that a car is feminine, how come you changed its sex , huh ?
Old 9th May 2007, 14:11   #850
Team-BHP Support

Off-Topic :

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Benny boy, the english language says that a car is feminine, how come you changed its sex , huh ?
Travolta, just that this is how i preferred it.

That aside, i think the SX4 in itself is such a macho name.
Old 9th May 2007, 14:55   #851
BHPian

SX4 carries with it an air of feminity + a masculine build..with big muscular thighs (wheels) and a well built back end! everything else looks so femanine.. My be its a female body builder!! lol but its still looks femanine..
But you never feel that if you stand in front of an OHC, Boleno, Safari ?? or an ikon.
So what the hell was Maruti thinking.. May be they thought they could pull both sexes with one slogan.. A man will always be drawn to something Masculine.. and a modern day woman would not think twice to control/posses something which has been labeled masculine..
Old 9th May 2007, 15:55   #852
BHPian

Just drove the SX4.
Heres my initial Impression:
The car looks decent on road (the one I drove was in red), but not as good as it appears in the pictures.
The steering feels life less and is high mounted. I prefer hydraulic steerings and since this one is electronically assisted, the feedback is not as good.
Doors don’t shut close with an assuring thump, hence I am not too sure with the build quality, certainly after tapping the rear of the car it doesn’t feel as if its a 6lac+ sedan. The bumper is too flexible.
Passenger hand rests could have been better.

Now the good bits
The power is amazing and it can really fly.
Suspension is a lil hard, but will aid handling.
Air con is effective (decent).
Space is good and the seats offer nice cushioning. The rear seats offer less thigh space which might be a problem for tall people like me over long drives but for most of the average guys its decent enough.
ABS and Air bags are a fantastic feature at this price range.
The music controls on the steering are a delight.

Overall the car is a good buy.
Old 9th May 2007, 17:13   #853
Senior - BHPian

I am not comparing SX4 with any other cars in this post, I am giving my feelings on SX4 by giving just example. Please guys who love SX4/Adventure/NHC don't feel good/bad on me.

SX4 in many respects similar to like MUV/SUV like Innova/Vitara.. it has some blind spots (Sit in the driver's seat you will come to know), Build quality is not so good.

Like Swift, Maruti have made looks of SX4 better in website than actually how it appears for eyes!

According to me and my folks we felt Adventure Sport makes lot of sense (except for one who need abs/airbag) than SX4 and one can't compare SX4 with NHC for sure. NHC has better premium interiors than SX4, only thing that impress SX4 is it has new looks with interiors and exteriors compared with other cars but this is common when new car is launched by most of the car manufacturers (there are few exceptions..).

The car which has solid build quality (like Adventure) and lot of safety feature does not need ABS and airbags.

MUL cars like Swift, SX4 need ABS and Airbags for sure because they don't have any other safety features and MUL knows indian mind very well, Public give lot of attention to AirBag/ABS than build quality and fire prevention system, anti sub marine seats etc..

But however for people who give importance to price compromising few other important stuffs SX4 is good choice!

We can term SX4 as "Economy buy of Luxury Sedan"

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 9th May 2007 at 17:15.
Old 9th May 2007, 17:35   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I am not comparing SX4 with any other cars in this post, I am giving my feelings on SX4 by giving just example. Please guys who love SX4/Adventure/NHC don't feel good/bad on me.

SX4 in many respects similar to like MUV/SUV like Innova/Vitara.. it has some blind spots (Sit in the driver's seat you will come to know), Build quality is not so good.

Like Swift, Maruti have made looks of SX4 better in website than actually how it appears for eyes!

According to me and my folks we felt Adventure Sport makes lot of sense (except for one who need abs/airbag) than SX4 and one can't compare SX4 with NHC for sure. NHC has better premium interiors than SX4, only thing that impress SX4 is it has new looks with interiors and exteriors compared with other cars but this is common when new car is launched by most of the car manufacturers (there are few exceptions..).

The car which has solid build quality (like Adventure) and lot of safety feature does not need ABS and airbags.

MUL cars like Swift, SX4 need ABS and Airbags for sure because they don't have any other safety features and MUL knows indian mind very well, Public give lot of attention to AirBag/ABS than build quality and fire prevention system, anti sub marine seats etc..

But however for people who give importance to price compromising few other important stuffs SX4 is good choice!

We can term SX4 as "Economy buy of Luxury Sedan"

Ravi.
Economy buy of Luxury sedan when it can kick but of a 77 bhp class leading luxury car that has biege interiors but no airbags, abs, leather interiors, wide tyres, even as an option....

Come on dude, give Maruti a break for giving some class leading features, a new engine, class leading safety (this car fares 5/5 in safety/crash tests in Europe, for that matter even Swift does, what makes you feel the build quality sucks??? maybe you have some internal sources that you cant share...). This is not a car made only for developing countries like Logan, nor is it limited just to City drive with a punny fuel efficient engine.... in some depts it beats cars segment above it (spelt 205/16 tyres), offers loads of features.... It will definitely give STIFF competition to all cars in its segment.

There are issues with this car, as there are with other cars. The NVH levels are not great, the interiors are drab and boring, but that doesnt make this car a bad proposition as its strength outnumber its weaknesses.
Old 9th May 2007, 17:49   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post

1. The car which has solid build quality (like Adventure) and lot of safety feature does not need ABS and airbags.

2. Public give lot of attention to AirBag/ABS than build quality and fire prevention system, anti sub marine seats etc..

Ravi.
1. Interesting observation - care to substantiate ? then top of the Line mercedes and BMWs and Audis , which are infinitely better built than Fiat adventure , need not have ABS and airbags as well

2. How is the braking effficiency of car under extreme conditions improved by sub marine seats and fire prevention systems , like ABS , EBD do ? IMO If you have these , chances of a crash reduce , , so no fire and hence no need of fire prevention or anti submarine seats

( OT , Fiat does offer ABS , EBD , Airbags on similarly built cars , whic they sell in Europe )
Closed Thread

Most Viewed