Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2007, 03:11   #271

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Confirmed launch in bangalore for the sx4 is may 3rd week .. Will be getting a special invite for the launch .. Shall keep you guys posted of further developments .. The M16 sounds nice , now to go through the engine specs in detail ..
mclaren1885 - you sure about the 3rd week launch? I was at Mandovi earlier today and the sales guy was adamant about May 4th being D-day?

Also, if you do score an invite to the launch, do fill us in
Old 30th April 2007, 11:01   #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Hey srikanth, where did you get this info ? Is it from a reliable source ? I know salesmen can sometime blabber whatever they want !!! All the car mags & all posts on the sx4 indicate a price between 6 - 7.5L, So how do you say starting from 8 L, That means it is above NHC vtec category & very close to civic 7 corrollas ... that seems so unlikely for maruti to do so !!!
Ya, quite likely he was blabbering, but he also knew that I wouldn't purchase something that expensive, my be he just wanted to make it look good in comparison with NHC. He also promised to do the first test drive with me, will keep TBHP updated on that.
Old 30th April 2007, 12:44   #273
BHPian

Update

Hi Guys,
Refer my previous post [url="http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/20396-xsailor-back-sos.html"], I decided to take the board's suggestion and wait for the new Baleno (now called the SX4).
A dear relative of my BIL works for MUL (in the marketing section) and reports the following status quo;

1. Price: Yet undecided. MUL is very tightlipped about it but considering the statements made by senior management, the pricing will be 'spot-on' (similar strategy when the Swift was launched). We, the employees, feel that pricing will be between 6.00 to 7.00 for the VXI, ZXI and ZXI leather seats.
2. Interiors: The test car we saw had dark swift-like interiors and not beige.
3. ZXI: ABS+EBD+Twin Airbags+Centre console stereo+Stereo controls on Steering will be standard.
4. Colors: At least 8 colors have been planned for.
5. Engine: 1598cc - Completely new design, not a modified Baleno.
6. Wheels: 15" or 16" - Not sure
7. Launch Date: 6th or 7th of May.
Unquote

When I learn more, so shall you.

Cheers
Old 30th April 2007, 13:03   #274
Senior - BHPian

If they can price it with 7L for the ZXi - ie. around 7.5ish OTR then it would really be a good thing for consumers.

Bigger cars with more features at lesser prices means that inflated car prices with respect to prices in the west will slowly come down.

But then, I somehow feel that the ZXi will cost 8+ OTR.
Old 30th April 2007, 13:11   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

Xsailor, if this turns out to be true, it would be a boon and there would be a surge in baleno owners. Any pics of the SX4? Can't wait to see it in flesh
Old 30th April 2007, 15:20   #276

Am getting excited about the SX4 now. Had my mind firmly set on the Swift Zxi or the City Exi - but this car sounds sweet !!!
Old 30th April 2007, 16:56   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperoni View Post
Am getting excited about the SX4 now. Had my mind firmly set on the Swift Zxi or the City Exi - but this car sounds sweet !!!
Hey pepperoni - it sure is getting exciting. Just did a small comparison with whatever data I had/could get off the net.
Here it goes..

Cheers
Old 30th April 2007, 17:31   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

LBH is way ahead of its competitors. What is WB and GC?
Old 30th April 2007, 17:33   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
LBH is way ahead of its competitors. What is WB and GC?
WB=Wheelbase; GC=Ground Clearance
Old 30th April 2007, 17:37   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
WB=Wheelbase; GC=Ground Clearance
Thanks suman, i should have known. I need to go again for a crash course on automobile terminology
Old 30th April 2007, 18:53   #281
Senior - BHPian

The engine specs are all over the place. From what I heard through a friend, the engine for now remains the G16B with some 102 hp. Then later on gets an option of M13A, more powerful than the G16B.

Frankly, after the Swift was launched with the G13BB, I was disappointed as for their worldly car of the year, the least they could have done was launch the M13A. So it's a little hard for me accept that they would be launching an engine that outdoes their competitors by a fair margin. I was also surprised that the ZXi would get 16s, definitely an overkill with a 205 tread.
Old 30th April 2007, 18:57   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
Then later on gets an option of M13A, more powerful than the G16B.
Ported, Is this M13A a VVT engine ?
Old 30th April 2007, 19:07   #283
Senior - BHPian

This is a nice link for suzuki engines:

AutoSpeed - Suzuki G and M-series Engine Guide
Old 30th April 2007, 19:12   #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsailor View Post
Hey pepperoni - it sure is getting exciting. Just did a small comparison with whatever data I had/could get off the net.
Here it goes..

Cheers
Xsailor - that's a great comp. Going by the specs alone the SX4 seems to trump the competition. Now obviously the other key ingredients in my mind are:
1) Performance - I still haven't been able to get exact stats about the engine. Called up a Maruti dealer in B'lore today and was told that the engine is a 1.6 base but couldn't get any more info. Either the dealers really don't know much or they're playing coy. I'm hoping we get at least a 100 horses out of this baby. Is it true the engine is a lift (with tweaks) from the old Baleno? Not that I mind, as I've never driven a Baleno but have heard favourable things about it.

2) Price - Am hoping we get a sweet spot price for the mid and hi-end models. A lot higher than the base City Exi (8 L OTR in B'lore) will be overkill. If the hi-end comes in at 7-8 OTR and the feature-list holds water, this car will be great VFM.

3) The Ride - Of course, this car will ride well. Now just how nice it actually runs will be a different matter. Comparisons will be made between the SX4, Fiesta, Verna, City and even the base Corolla or Optra going forward. I'm sure Maruti's not going to let this one slip.

Dammit - I hate waiting
Old 30th April 2007, 19:13   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
Ported, Is this M13A a VVT engine ?
Yes it is, currently an option in the new Swift in most of the countries. 1328cc, Twin Cam, 4 cylinder, VVT, 16 valves and good for 91 bhp. Also does duty in the current generation Suzuki Jimny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsailor View Post
5. Engine: 1598cc - Completely new design, not a modified Baleno.
Also, if we were to go by XSailor's inside scoop, none of the new gen M-series engines have a capacity of 1598cc. The M16A is 1586cc and is also available in the Liana making some 109 bhp. I doubt they are going to get to modify a new gen engine for only India. M15A could be a possibility too as it makes 100+ bhp in the Ignis Sport. So I am guessing they got to 1598cc by working on the G16B engine.

Last edited by ported_head : 30th April 2007 at 19:18.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks