Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2007, 19:47   #706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
None of them with ABS + EBD + airbags + 16" alloys + lots of other goodies AT 6.85 ex showroom delhi
I believe Busa was replying to this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12
2. Other than the 1.8 RS , which are the other cars having rear discs in India ?
And wow. The "introductory" prices for the ZXi leather are almost 50K off the estimated mark...I'm impressed....nevertheless, Maruti's eventually going to rise the prices in the next couple of months...

I believe a (further) bulk order discount can be availed for Tbhpians...people interested may please contact.....(J.K)

Forget everything else. Maruti's A.S.S should have people lapping up the SX4. If not for the upmarket feel, at least for the engine refinement and quality levels. And did I mention the boot is spacious as well...?

Unless the Cedia prices are reduced to 8L OTR, this could be the the next best overall option...
Old 7th May 2007, 19:47   #707
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsailor View Post
Unless I am mistaken, this motor does have VVT.
Can somebody please confirm this.

Cheers
Hey xsailor, good to see you finally back around here , where had you vanished to ??

As for the pricing ... MUL really seems to have knocked the wind out of its competitors but eventually the car needs to be driven for us to know if its gonna be a bomb or not .

Good show MUL

Cheers
Old 7th May 2007, 19:49   #708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
From this angle, doesn't it look like a high-ground clearance SUV?
Exactly what leapt to my mind first.

I think they have gone a bit overboard with the ground-clearance. Lets wait for some side-shots.
Old 7th May 2007, 19:57   #709
Senior - BHPian

This car has meatier tyres than Honda Civic... 205 is simply class leading by a huge margin, that too on 16 inch wheels. Although 10 horses too underpowered for me, but I am pretty close to finalizing this car now given the loads of features I will have under 8 lakhs on road.
I had a budget of 9 lakhs but considering the fact that other manfacturers dont have half the features of this car in 9 lakhs what this car offers for under 7 ex show room says a lot.
Now only need to ensure an FE of 12 and make sure its at least peppier than the Swift that I currently drive...
Of course I could wait for the deisel engine, but that I guess is not going to come this year...
When I come to India, TD is the first thing on my agenda...
Old 7th May 2007, 20:03   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Exactly what leapt to my mind first.

I think they have gone a bit overboard with the ground-clearance. Lets wait for some side-shots.
The reason being that they've tried to make a sedan out of the original SX4 - which was a crossover between a car and SUV. MUL decided to play it safe by launching the sedan than the mini-SUV.
Old 7th May 2007, 20:06   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
This car has meatier tyres than Honda Civic... 205 is simply class leading by a huge margin, that too on 16 inch wheels.
Can someone confirm if its 205 stock in ZXi... i highly doubt it? 205 is an overkill.
Old 7th May 2007, 20:07   #712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsailor View Post
Unless I am mistaken, this motor does have VVT.
Can somebody please confirm this.

Cheers
It dosen't. My hunch was right, the VVT is removed for Indian market. website only talks about 16V DOHC and drive by wire throttle. If they had VVT, I'm pretty sure they would have tom-tommed it to full effect during the launch.

When it all said and done, the SX4 tops out at exactly 200 kgs heavier than a Baleno. (985 vs 1185)That kinda explains its solid feeling build and good crash protection numbers.

Last edited by Mpower : 7th May 2007 at 20:09.
Old 7th May 2007, 20:08   #713
Team-BHP Support

yes 100%. they are 205/60-16 JK vectras on the ZXi. have a look at the specs online at :: MARUTI SUZUKI SX4 ::

the VXi has 195/65-15 on steel wheels.
Old 7th May 2007, 20:10   #714
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,
please remember that these are introductory prices.
the prices are sure to go up by around around 20K-ish in the next 2 weeks.
Also, when the diesel version will be launched, don't be surprised to see a 9L OTR ++
Until the diesel is launched, the fiesta would continue doing well but as of right now, cars such as the NHC and Vena would be under immense pressure.
Old 7th May 2007, 20:12   #715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Can someone confirm if its 205 stock in ZXi... i highly doubt it? 205 is an overkill.
Yes the sizes are:

VXi - 195/65 R15
ZXi - 205/60 R16

Happened to see a brochure at the local Maruti dealer yesterday.
Old 7th May 2007, 20:16   #716
BHPian

Does the SX4 come with a twin exhaust pipe. Because, I found a red SX4(from rear) on the website with twin exhaust pipes.
Old 7th May 2007, 20:18   #717
Senior - BHPian

Powerful safer car at a cheaper price with excellent service network in comparison to its competition. Tough to beat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Now only need to ensure an FE of 12
This is going to make the difference. If it gives below 12, NHC will bank on better FE & Honda brand.

Airbag/ABS/Wider tyres everything will take second seat.

Last edited by Surprise : 7th May 2007 at 20:38.
Old 7th May 2007, 20:22   #718
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pricing that will be a pleasant surprise and worth the wait. Having ABS, EBD and twin airbags and other stuff makes it look like its loaded to the gills !! The only factor that needs consideration is the FE that this new beast is going to offer and lets hope to have a two digit there !! Way to go Maruti !!

Its high time Honda rolls up its sleeves and look at deploying airbags, ABS, EBD, et al on the NHC (at least on the VTEC !! ) for the price its charging.
Old 7th May 2007, 20:35   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
This is going to make the difference. If it gives below 12, NHC will bank on better FE & Honda brand.
I think it will have FE of 10. Not more than that.
Old 7th May 2007, 20:40   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I am sure that most of those that bought the Baleno in the last 3-4 months (if at all it was available) were aware of the SX4 coming. So, there must have been some solid urgency/reasoning behind there decision IMO.
I was one of those who bought a Baleno in Jan 07, knowing fully well taht the SX4 is around the corner....in fact I expected it around March.

the reason I bought the OMB nonetheless was because:

a) It was great VFM-6L OTR Bangalore!
b) I Looooved the drive
c) I found it to be more proportionate looking than the SX4 whose pics were by then available on the net. In fact, I may be a part of a very small minority who actually like the looks of the OMB- of course you need wider tyres and snazzy wheels to spruce up the looks, but then I have both on my car!

So- no regrets.... as regards resale, I dont give a damn anyways so it doesnt bother me.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks