Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2007, 22:15   #736
Distinguished - BHPian

The surprising reaction to the SX4 is to how well or not it might fare against the City and its brand name. No mention of any other competitor. A live TV interview with Jagdish Khattar I happened to bump into now.
Old 7th May 2007, 22:25   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
What about those who bought NHC's, Aveo's, Verna's and Fiestas? Heartburn all around?
i have planned to buy Verna SX Diesel... i have no regrets...
Old 7th May 2007, 22:25   #738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Totally agree. Its a rip off. But barring Honda City Vtec which is 8 Lakh OTR no other car in this category has a better petrol engine, with or without VVT
Verna comes with VTVT
Old 7th May 2007, 22:36   #739
Senior - BHPian

Why are you guys worried about variable timing technologies. Even cars like Baleno, Palio 1.6 didnt have any , still the engines were gem.
Old 7th May 2007, 22:38   #740
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Why are you guys worried about variable timing technologies. Even cars like Baleno, Palio 1.6 didnt have any , still the engines were gem.

Yes. People will either have to settle for good overall packaging or on overpriced offering with one salient feature.
Old 7th May 2007, 22:45   #741
Team-BHP Support

brilliant package and vfm with zxi at 7 lakh ex showroom in bangalore!!

FE, VVT be dammed, accept this "City is a toast!!"

Personally only - ve is the shape
Old 7th May 2007, 22:47   #742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Buy the Vxi in that case... Or, I have a better idea, trade in the 205 tyres for 175, probably loads more FE and you get more money on the side...

I travel around the world and drool over the tyres the same manfacturers offer with their cars here than in India. However indian companies bring the same cars in India and for COST saving remove the airbags and downsize the tyres. Maruti should be applauded for not doing this. Its not that Sx4 is over specced, its just that cars like Civic are under specced when it comes to tyres.

Lastly 1.6 ltr engine to tyre is no comparo... You can have cars with 1.6 ltr engines with 225 width tyres as well. You dont generalize cars like that. This car has better build quality at least on paper than Corolla. The wieght says it all....
Aseem, so what are you trying to say finally? even with the big tyres would the FE be good? suppose i dont use the a/c more than 10% say, would I then be able to squeeze out 12kmpl? for once i want to stop thinking of FE looking at the other features being offered. obviously the vxi must give more or less the same mileage as the OMB. the city 77bhp version will obviously give better mileage but one can feel the loss in power as well very sorely if you load 4 adults, luggage and then switch the a/c on too.
Old 7th May 2007, 22:49   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
SX4 can be driver oriented car but can't beat luxury cars like NHC, Aveo, Civic, Corolla, Optra.
Aveo - luxury car

Don't bracket a car into luxury category just because of good looks. Functionally it should be good first, then only looks come into picture. Regarding functionality, what do you think about Aveo's gearbox
Old 7th May 2007, 22:50   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
brilliant package and vfm with zxi at 7 lakh ex showroom in bangalore!!

FE, VVT be dammed, accept this "City is a toast!!"

Personally only - ve is the shape
jaggu,

let me tell you one thing - i wonder why people care about looks so much. yes the car has to be inviting to sit in whenever you look at it daily. but more than that its about what you feel when you are sitting in it. whether its making your life easy or not? whether the features make you feel safe or not? whether the power delivery is more than what you need or not? whether the driveability is smooth or not? whether the seating puts in total control (without straining your back/thighs/legs) or not? etc.

these are some reasons why i ve really stopped looking at the exteriors much. for me interiors matter a lot. and for the given money, sx4 zxi will thrash the competition.

yes of course the aspect that will take a hit is FE considering all the specs of sx4, but to get something one has to lose something right? i m sure honda will come back with more, but its about maruti setting a certain benchmark that carmakers will have to adhere to. and if they get in the diesel albeit without much waiting time, this time, then history will surely repeat yet again.

Last edited by GeekSrik : 7th May 2007 at 22:52.
Old 7th May 2007, 23:00   #745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Swift was good with Look and price I feel SX4 is good only with pricing, look wise not so good bit odd according to me.

Person who look for 7lac and above segment who will trust MUL ?

SX4 can be driver oriented car but can't beat luxury cars like NHC, Aveo, Civic, Corolla, Optra.
My dad can answer this question in just one word!!!!

The word is :: A.S.S / Reliability. How many cars have u seen in India that run without a oil change for like 17K km and without any service ?????? Its a MUL car we rugged.......

I agree MUL doesnt have much success in Luxury segement. But if u remember clearly baleno Vxi used to sell at 6.35 lac ex showroom. And SX4 has more than what baleno used to offer and people bought Baleno only when it prices were down from 9 lac to 6.5 lac..

So indian customers can easily trust MUL for atleast 7 Lac car. And i personally think all this development is taking place in MUL coz govt. is taking their hand out of the company which means better products. We all know how india govt. works etc...

So people go ahead who ever is thinking to buy the car if u like. MUL is one company who can not take a chance at this stage and they are famous in India for reliability of their cars and *** and they can't afford to loose that at any damn cost..
Old 7th May 2007, 23:02   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
jaggu,

let me tell you one thing - i wonder why people care about looks so much. yes the car has to be inviting to sit in whenever you look at it daily. but more than that its about what you feel when you are sitting in it. whether its making your life easy or not? whether the features make you feel safe or not? whether the power delivery is more than what you need or not? whether the driveability is smooth or not? whether the seating puts in total control (without straining your back/thighs/legs) or not? etc.

these are some reasons why i ve really stopped looking at the exteriors much. for me interiors matter a lot. and for the given money, sx4 zxi will thrash the competition.

yes of course the aspect that will take a hit is FE considering all the specs of sx4, but to get something one has to lose something right? i m sure honda will come back with more, but its about maruti setting a certain benchmark that carmakers will have to adhere to. and if they get in the diesel albeit without much waiting time, this time, then history will surely repeat yet again.
GeekSrik, reading the above, I have a feeling that you wrote that to convince yourself. Please note that I am not trying to blame you in anyway, but at the same time, you shouldn't feel that you "compromised" on something (read as "looks") - you might regret it later. You should feel proud about your new car - and for that - you need to "sell" that to yourself!

Of course, ignore my post if it sounds too stupid
Old 7th May 2007, 23:02   #747

he company already faces problems of being short of demand for the diesel version of its Swift, with its waiting time extending up to 2 months; the company may face a similar problem in this case too.
MUL Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director Jagdish Khattar, had said in a NDTV interview, that the Manesar plant, has a capacity constraint, and with all new peppy models rolling, MUL may soon have to consider setting up new plants to cope up with the demand.

More on my blog
Maruti Suzuki launches SX4, replaces Baleno. « Stay Undefined !!
Old 7th May 2007, 23:03   #748
Senior - BHPian

745 posts and counting .... no wonder the sx4 thread got a 5 star rating! shows peoples trust on maruti/sx4 - the man amongst cars.
Old 7th May 2007, 23:03   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
I travel around the world and drool over the tyres the same manfacturers offer with their cars here than in India. However indian companies bring the same cars in India and for COST saving remove the airbags and downsize the tyres. Maruti should be applauded for not doing this. Its not that Sx4 is over specced, its just that cars like Civic are under specced when it comes to tyres.
In India majority of people use cars 90% for City driving and Highway driving is only for about 10%. In our cities due to traffic conditions, FE is considered most important factor than engine power and safety (ABS, Airbag etc). This is the reason in spite of high cost, NHC is the leader in C Segment with just 77 horses. And within NHC, EXi & GXi variants are selling more than VTEC.
Old 7th May 2007, 23:05   #750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
GeekSrik, reading the above, I have a feeling that you wrote that to convince yourself. Please note that I am not trying to blame you in anyway, but at the same time, you shouldn't feel that you "compromised" on something (read as "looks") - you might regret it later. You should feel proud about your new car - and for that - you need to "sell" that to yourself!

Of course, ignore my post if it sounds too stupid
you are right babu, pretty right. for me, i m ok with the sx4, it aint so bad after all, just a bit stubby here and there.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks