Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2007, 11:09   #781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
That would have been the dumbest thing to do considering the weight
Exactly my thoughts. The old engine with 200kgs more to pull would have been a disaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Although I have seen some really nice looking Baleno on this forum... However in general you will find that most ppl dont like the looks of the old baleno. However you either love it, or you dont like it... I come in the latter category... . Needless to say, the back of SX4 looks like an oddball... but I do like the contemporary front and the fresh looks.
To be frank, the rear of the Baleno sucked (I am not sure whether the Verna-ish rear of the SX4 is any better ) But if someone says that overall the SX4 scores in exterior looks over the Baleno, either they are planning to get an SX4 soon which results in a case of my-car-is-the-best syndrome or have some serious issues with appreciating aesthetics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Well old Baleno would have never been a safe car even with ABS/EBD/Airbags as it just doesnt have the build quality like Esteem.
Hmmm. Thats a new one. Esteem build quality better than Baleno!!! Man, I wonder where you get such gems. Maybe you should check out both cars once, for real (instead of just going around saying that you own all the cars in the world) and then talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
BTW - all MUL offerings have relied on their lightweight body shells to give the superb FE.
The only comparable offerings from Honda & MUL stable are NHC & Baleno/SX4. And both these cars weigh more or less the same. I dont think the NHC is a heavyweight in any sense of the term. So is the NHC FE also attributable only to light weight ?
Old 8th May 2007, 11:11   #782
BHPian

SX4 uses Drive-by-wire technology: Will it help to improve FE ?

Drive-by-wire technology in automotive industry replaces the traditional mechanical and hydraulic with electronic control systems using electromechanical actuators and human-machine interfaces such as pedal and steering feel emulators. Hence, the traditional components such as the steering column, intermediate shafts, pumps, hoses, fluids, belts and brake boosters and master cylinders are eliminated from the vehicle.
Old 8th May 2007, 11:20   #783
Team-BHP Support

Guys, that's the last post that will be allowed on the OMB vs NMB looks. Any further posts on that WILL be deleted. This is NOT the thread for it.
Old 8th May 2007, 11:25   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Guys, that's the last post that will be allowed on the OMB vs NMB looks. Any further posts on that WILL be deleted. This is NOT the thread for it.
I tried to distract that discussion by throwing in what happens to the other petrols in the SX4 class but looks like it bombed and you had to do this
Old 8th May 2007, 11:25   #785
BHPian

I guess now that SX4 has been launched, most important factor which still needs to be answered is Fuel efficiency. I checked with the dealer over the phone and he said something around 14km/l.

My dad wants to book one now but I am asking to him to wait till the fuel consumption figures are out.
Old 8th May 2007, 11:30   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus
I tried to distract that discussion by throwing in what happens to the other petrols in the SX4 class
Since yesterday when the sweet SX4 prices were announced, it should have been pretty clear what will happen to the other 1.6 petrols.
Old 8th May 2007, 11:38   #787
BHPian

[quote=GTO;431947]A lot of comments on the looks; well can the previous segment leader - NHC - boast of any beauty? To me, its downright ugly (no offence to owners) and looks like its from another planet.

Agree with you its as bad a design cant come from honda well city owners before you take out your guns to kill Us let me tell you that the designs i apprecitate most are also from the very same company Accord CRV and the civic i dont know which one is the better DIL MAGE ALL 3 OF THEM ,after all what city is eventhough we can fakely say its a big car it is the jazz platform which it is not big but only a B segement car with a boot and it tells it story of a design mismatch ,then lets talk about the price of the city no equipment no frills nothing at all and the price is rididculously sky high , then there is this New maruti baleno i could have not dreamt maruti will load a car like this with all the gizmos and still price it lower than a lack from honda city which has nothing to offer ,other than average offcourse

If i think i know anything about cars i will not even comapre this monster to NHC but surely with one segemt higher that is corolla skoda Ect i sincerly do not have any plans to buy the NMB but please give it time to prove it self and if it gets beaten down due to poor FE then it could well be the saddest day in the history of automoblie in this country where people will add a DICKI TO there B class alto .santro wagon R s And compare it to near D class segemetn cars and will say hey i bought this cause this is a big car a still delievrs 18 KMPL and its a class leader
rubin2006 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th May 2007, 11:45   #788
Senior - BHPian

^^No offence meant, but you could have done with a little more 'Periods'. Very difficult to read what you posted.
Old 8th May 2007, 11:55   #789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4_2007 View Post
SX4 uses Drive-by-wire technology
The Palio 1.9D and Fiesta Petrol and Diesels use drive by wire technology too right?
Old 8th May 2007, 12:01   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
What about those who bought NHC's, Aveo's, Verna's and Fiestas? Heartburn all around?
What about those who bought Optras, NHC's, Aveo's, Verna's and Fiesta's and planning to sell it off (upgrade, on-site etc) ? What will be the impact of the SX4 on the resale value of these cars?
Old 8th May 2007, 12:01   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The Palio 1.9D and Fiesta Petrol and Diesels use drive by wire technology too right?
Yup. The humble Tata Safari too. No need for MUL to shout from the rooftops about this!!!

Last edited by Steeroid : 8th May 2007 at 12:03.
Old 8th May 2007, 12:09   #792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
No need for MUL to shout from the rooftops about this!!!
Exactly my point!
Old 8th May 2007, 12:22   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umvarma View Post
What about those who bought Optras, NHC's, Aveo's, Verna's and Fiesta's and planning to sell it off (upgrade, on-site etc) ? What will be the impact of the SX4 on the resale value of these cars?
Cars have become like the mobile phone market.. Cars are FMCG now.. Forget used cars, even brand new cars will see a drop in the price as the days go by.
Old 8th May 2007, 12:22   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Honda does not sell for the looks... Its whats under the hood that counts... A Honda is known for its realiability, VFM, Handling, FE, Interiors.you can keep adding to the list..
Read my post again. That's exactly my point also.
Old 8th May 2007, 12:30   #795
BHPian

Why is the camera angle in 360 degree view on SX4 website is as if you are viewing it by sitting on the floor ?

Is it that Maruti thinks the best view is from there ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed