Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2007, 22:12   #811
Senior - BHPian

Just went and saw the SX4 this evening at the dealership and here is the official pricing for the car Mumbai On road

Vxi - 7.27 lakhs
Zxi - 8.05 lakhs
Zxi with leather - 8.43 lakhs

I'm quite impressed with the pricing. They were allowing test drives in their compound but I wanted more. The car is being sent to me on the coming Sunday morning for a full TD.

Will update the TD thread with my two cents then
Old 8th May 2007, 22:29   #812
Team-BHP Support

Bangalore on road price

Vxi 7,350,03
Zxi 8,166,77
Zxi L 8,569,39

With extended warranty, RT, Ins and Misc charges and vat not, bangy is bloody expensive

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th May 2007 at 22:32.
Old 8th May 2007, 22:43   #813
Senior - BHPian

Jaggu

Seeing the prices you have put up there isnt much different in the Bangy Mumbai prices. Still if you take the NHC in the picture, the Sx4 is good value. I'm not too aware of the NHC prices currently but it most certainly a wake up call even for the others.
Old 8th May 2007, 22:45   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
watch out OHC !!!!
Well considering that the OHC got phased out nearly 4 years ago, I doubt it has much to fear about
Old 8th May 2007, 22:46   #815
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

NHC Vtec costs 9,44,xxx in bangalore .. Not quite sure about the other models but they are all expensive than the SX4 Zxi ..
Old 8th May 2007, 22:46   #816
Team-BHP Support

With the prices jaggu has put up the ZXi with the leather option is the same price as the NHC GXi version.

The Vtec costs another 90K more.

with the recent price hike due to hike in road tax I dont have the exact onroad prices.
Old 8th May 2007, 22:48   #817
Senior - BHPian

Well I was comparing prices in the afternoon. Off the top of my head, the Vtec is 1.3 lakhs or so more expensive than the ZXI without leather. The car is undoubtedly better VFM.
Old 8th May 2007, 23:10   #818
Senior - BHPian

I tool a good look at the SX4 and my first reaction was "What was Maruti thinking???".This car is hideous!.The only positive thing i can say about the car is it has a huge boot!.I live in NewYork and i dread to think that this "thing" will also find buyers in the US as it is being sold there too!.Narrow, very tall, misshapen bits of glass and plastic put together to form a shape, low grade quality plastic dashboard and a 'so-so' factory fitted sound system.This one's a 'doozy' to me!.They call it the SX4, a van like sedan with misshapen doors!...
Old 8th May 2007, 23:13   #819
Senior - BHPian

P.S....While i panned the car in my earlier response, i must say the engine bay is all good!.The engine and the big boot are the reasons worth buying the SX4, in my humble opinion.The rest will scare small children and animals away.Which is a good thing in India, i guess!!.A very somber man tols me that many people in 'North India' will buy anything on wheels that has 'Maruti' stamped on it!.I pray that what he said isn't true!!.My humble opinion.....BUY A TATA INDIGO XL instead!.
Old 8th May 2007, 23:22   #820
BHPian

SX4 Ripped!!

I got a chance to rip the SX4 today :-).
The car looks and feels up market for sure, the fully loaded model with leather seats that is. Interiors are good and justify the cost.
I liked the looks. The car looks big and strong. The 16 inch tyres looks great, but I did not like the alloys.

The performance part. The performance of the car is not as good as the baleno, so people looking for baleno kind of performance or better will be disappointed for sure.

I got a chance to drive the SX4 on the palm beach road were i could nicely rip her.
The car is not free revving and it sounds harsh near the redline mark. I did manage to redline her in the first three gears but she was screaming to not to do it. Slightly put off there. She is slightly slower off the mark too, but picks up in the higher revvs.
She easily cruises in lower speeds in high gears without knocking, but to accelerate from lower revs/speed is demanding on the engine.

The gear shift is not all that precise. I had difficulty slotting it in 1st and 3rd. Maybe it will become smoother later after 1st service or so.

I found the handling to be good, in whatever little corners i threw her. But body roll was considerable for the backseat passengers.

The brakes are excellent. I came to full halt from a speed of above 120 kms/hr in a nice linear fashion, without much drama. It neither skidded or screeched. Full marks to the excellent brakes.
It make you all the more confident if you have brakes such as the SX4.
The engine did not sound as refined as I expected it to be, I could hear the engine from a distance of about 5 to 6 feet, whereas in my car I do not hear any noise , even if I am standing near the car.

Comfort wise,
Legroom is good both in the front as well as in the back. Looks spacious.
In the rear, the 3rd person sitting in the middle will not be comfortable as the armrest in the middle protrudes so much as to make the man in the middle uncomfortable.

I found the wind noise enters the cabin even at speeds of about 80 kms/hr.

The ride was rough in the pot hole filled roads and it sure made us uncomfortable.

to summarize, the car is excellent and is VFM for 8 odd lakhs with all the goodies thrown in and the legendry maruti support. If it will be FE, then its a bonus. Rest nothing to complain about IMHO.

I drive a Ford fusion and the performance (read acceleration, handling) of the SX4 did not impress me much.

Hope the review helps
Old 8th May 2007, 23:42   #821
BHPian

checked out sx4 at the dealership today.

On road price in gurgaon for
VXi 647955
ZXi 721639
ZXi with leather covers 757962

asked the dealer about the fuel consumption and they are not ready to say anything. The guy said it could be a surprise or a shocker. Seems like will have to wait few more days for it.
Old 9th May 2007, 00:16   #822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
I live in NewYork and i dread to think that this "thing" will also find buyers in the US as it is being sold there too!.Narrow, very tall, misshapen bits of glass and plastic put together to form a shape, low grade quality plastic dashboard and a 'so-so' factory fitted sound system.This one's a 'doozy' to me!.They call it the SX4, a van like sedan with misshapen doors!...
Its already been on sale in the US. Have seen a couple on the roads. FYI its sold in even smaller avtar, the SX4 'hatchback' with 2.0 engine though.
Old 9th May 2007, 00:30   #823
Senior - BHPian

nickatnite, do not worry about the odd shapes & plastics, we are used to it, we generally look for performance with features, if it is there, most of us will buy it. just think that the santro has sold so many numbers here.
cheers
Old 9th May 2007, 00:46   #824
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
I got a chance to drive the SX4 on the palm beach road were i could nicely rip her.
The car is not free revving and it sounds harsh near the redline mark. I did manage to redline her in the first three gears but she was screaming to not to do it. Slightly put off there. She is slightly slower off the mark too, but picks up in the higher revvs.
She easily cruises in lower speeds in high gears without knocking, but to accelerate from lower revs/speed is demanding on the engine.
Maruti will be dissapointed with your gender usage in the post... u've trashed their slogan of Men are Back
Old 9th May 2007, 00:50   #825
Senior - BHPian

Mumbai pricing : -

Vxi - 6,29,832 + 47,513(RTO) + 21,466(Insurance) +1200(MGA - Mat) + 7990 (Extended Warranty) = 7,08,001 OTR Vashi

Zxi - 6,98,087 + 52,291(RTO) + 23,412(Insurance) +1200(MGA - Mat) + 7990 (Extended Warranty) = 7,82,980 OTR Vashi

Zxi with leather - 7,31,734 + 54,646(RTO) + 24,371(Insurance) +1200(MGA - Mat) + 7990 (Extended Warranty) = 8,19,941 OTR Vashi

P.S Mods whats the sense in running two threads simulatenously, its getting confusing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks