Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2004, 16:17   #16
Team-BHP Support

hmmm....so my question is.... will those RS alloys be available in india???
Old 31st August 2004, 17:04   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]hmmm....so my question is.... will those RS alloys be available in india???
I was thinking the exact same thing....I just love those wheels!!!!
Old 31st August 2004, 17:47   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ Aug. 31 2004,15:34)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]hmmm....so my question is.... will those RS alloys be available in india???
I was thinking the exact same thing....I just love those wheels!!!!
Yepp,

They are pretty much the only wheels that i have seen that suit the octavia, which just seems like an incredibly difficult car to choose alloys for. Havent seen a single set of alloys on an octavia so far in bombay that doesnt make it look misproportioned or soso IMO.

R
Old 31st August 2004, 18:28   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

In the original state of tune, this same engine produced 225 bhp!! C'mon Skoda...if you are charging us almost Accord money, atleast give us the fully blown engine. We even have 93 octane fuel now.

But I still think its overpriced. Lets see how the market responds.

GTO
Old 31st August 2004, 18:55   #20
Team-BHP Support

for the adventurous you can import a tuning kit and get 180bhp if not the full225 bhp. i suspect the 225 bhp car had a different exhaust but from what i know the RS might be ablke to be tuned to 180bhp wihtout too many changes. enjoy.

BTW i hear the RS will be town on saturday. let see. let's hope it is properly shone.
Old 1st September 2004, 01:57   #21
Senior - BHPian

Why is there so much argument? From what i can make out, the Accord is priced just as much as the Octavia, just as much powerful, and offers the same goodies. Accord has a good chassis, but then Octavia does too. Of course the Accord is somewhat bigger, and the Octavia's rear seat issn't as comfortable as the Japs. But then, some like me would probably prefer the octavia compared to the Accord's brash value. Octavia is rather understated, which works just fine for me. Sure the Accord has taken the segment by storm, and in all probability the Octavia won't match it no matter what. But it's always great to have an option, one that i'd pick. I don't know whay but it doesn't seem overpriced to me. Have money, will buy.
Old 1st September 2004, 02:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

te price difference between the accord MT and the octi 1.8 turbo is a big 2 lak on road mumbai

Old 1st September 2004, 12:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

hey dipen which is more the accord or octi
saw the alloys yest(not the car), they r 16inchers, look reaaly hot, it was ordered for my friend's *red skoda diesel ,looked really good with bridestone g3's, they r called spiders in the skoda range,

there was a ad for the rs in today's toi, but u cant see the alloys as it's spinning

Old 1st September 2004, 12:56   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Dayyyyyummmmmmmm, They DID launch it with the yellow!

Credit for the picture to Rediff

GTO
Old 1st September 2004, 13:13   #25
Team-BHP Support

geez...yellow is not meant for the Octi!!! Grrrr....I wanted to see how those wheels looked, but no luck with this pic..!

After reading the ad in today's TOI, I'm beginning to like the 1.8 even more. It comes with a whole bunch of extra's from the L&K, its got great wheels, a great engine, I love the looks...and yes, if I had the money, I would pick this over the Accord. The Accord is a little too large for me, while the Octi is about the right size.

Now for that test drive...

Rt
Old 1st September 2004, 13:20   #26
Senior - BHPian

i was just wondering how would that yellow look with two black stripes and a hugee spoiler???!!!!!
Old 1st September 2004, 14:31   #27
BHPian

just saw the ad in todays TOI.........i would have loved it if skoda offered the RS in a nice Blood Red or something........but not yellow for sure. Yellow doesnt suit a car this big at all.
Old 1st September 2004, 15:02   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (aadix @ Sep. 01 2004,10:40)]saw the alloys yest(not the car), they r 16inchers, look reaaly hot, it was ordered for my friend's *red skoda
Hey Aadix,

Where did your friend get em from and how much were the alloys??

Rtech, i feel the same way about the accord...its a great car, but its just a little too big for this city ....whereas the octi is as big as im willing to go.

cya
R
Old 1st September 2004, 15:19   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

You know what would be perfect? Skoda launching the new Octavia with this same engine at the same price. It shouldnt happen too much later than 2005. All that talk about selling the old Octavia side by side with the new Octavia is hogwash. Not everyone can pull off a Maruti Alto.

GTO
Old 1st September 2004, 16:45   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rehaan @ Sep. 01 2004,13:32)]Where did your friend get em from and how much were the alloys??
think he got it from the showroom itself, it's a b'day gift for him, so couldnt ask the price,
all he said was these rims are the latest in the skoda range,going to come with the new petrol skoda

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks