Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2020, 20:57   #166
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaatree View Post
Dropped Sonet from the list after finding about Seltos’s GNcap result. Now its between just Nexon and Ecosport. Nexon's amt isn’t exciting so most probably it’s Ecosport Titanium + AT petrol. Shame it doesn’t have apple car play/android auto and sync 3. :( No isofix either. :(

Why can’t we have a fully loaded version in cars? Would have happily paid extra if these features were offered at least as an option.
Same boat as I was in and as I cannot live without AA and CarPlay, I settled for Venue DCT and has been a few months now. Barring the poor mileage the 1.5 dragon with TC provided in Bangalore traffic as per real life user records, I begged Ford to provide me an S variant in auto and I would pay the cost they tell me for the variant. They told me that their Fly Audio is superior than Sync3 . I had no options because I felt that they were in absolutely no mood to sell the car.
Xaos636 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 21:26   #167
BHPian

Ford ecosport's new commercial says 'It's way above 5-stars'. Shows real life crash footage.

ATRONIX is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 18:14   #168
BHPian

Ford's attempt at misleading customers with some random accident footage without analyzing the full facts about the accident and claiming "above 5 stars" is just pathetic.

Yes, Ford makes well-built cars and yes Ecosport "seems" to have good quality and feel but without a proper GNCAP tested result for the Indian-spec model, all this marketing gimmick will lower the brand value in the eyes of the informed buyer.
kkstile is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 22:48   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
Ford ecosport's new commercial says 'It's way above 5-stars'. Shows real life crash footage.

https://Youtu.be/DvHdX57Qqg8
They should have atleast mentioned prominently that this video is an advertisement. And way above 5 stars is rather childish. While its definitely a well built car (i own one), a proper NCAP test is the only criteria to measure its safety. Not some random accident video.

I remember another viral video where a super fast endeavor rams straight into a santro. The endy turns turtle and rolls over multiple times while the santro holds its fort. Would the santro be considered safer than the endy?!!
veyron_head is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 01:00   #170
Senior - BHPian

Ford Ecosport has 4 stars in various crash tests. How does that translate to ‘above 5 stars’?
Old 16th November 2020, 07:47   #171
BHPian

I get bamboozled by the marketing team’s maturity of some of the car manufacturers. They can’t write in the air, instead should talk with facts and figures. TATA trolled Maruti and shown the world how it is to be done. This is like a kid who says I will score 120 out of 100
Old 11th December 2020, 13:52   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaatree View Post
Dropped Sonet from the list after finding about Seltos’s GNcap result. Now its between just Nexon and Ecosport. Nexon's amt isn’t exciting so most probably it’s Ecosport Titanium + AT petrol. Shame it doesn’t have apple car play/android auto and sync 3. :( No isofix either. :(

Why can’t we have a fully loaded version in cars? Would have happily paid extra if these features were offered at least as an option.
I am also in the same situation. Ultimately left with Nexon AMT or ES Titanium + AT. ES sales have dropped in November making me a little curious. May be I can get some bargain with Ford's year-end sales targets.
Old 11th December 2020, 14:54   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotiyaa View Post
...ES sales have dropped in November making me a little curious. May be I can get some bargain with Ford's year-end sales targets.
Don't read too much into one month's sale numbers, that too towards the end of the year.

While Ford wholesale dispatches were 3991 units in Nov, their retail sales were 5856 units, which is more or less their usual sales (Source). The lower wholesale number is to restrict inventory at dealers towards the year end. In fact expect an even lower number in December as most OEM's restrict production due to year end inventory activities & maintenance shut downs.

If you like the product, go ahead with it. It is well proven and still holds it's own in spite of new competition.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 11th December 2020 at 14:56.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 16:50   #174
BHPian

Quote:
I am also in the same situation. Ultimately left with Nexon AMT or ES Titanium + AT. ES sales have dropped in November making me a little curious. May be I can get some bargain with Ford's year-end sales targets.
In Bangalore, as per my enquiries, there is no stock of Ecosport AT with two dealers(PPS and JSP). So, the less sales numbers should be due to low stock. If you are looking at the Ecosport, I would suggest you to close the deal soon.
Old 11th December 2020, 17:32   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
In Bangalore, as per my enquiries, there is no stock of Ecosport AT with two dealers(PPS and JSP). So, the less sales numbers should be due to low stock. If you are looking at the Ecosport, I would suggest you to close the deal soon.
I was at PPS Yelahanka yesterday. They offered a discount of Rs. 35k + Rs. 20k exchange bonus (ford to ford) and a Rs. 5k corporate discount. There were no AT's in stock though.

The lack of stock leaves me hoping for a 2021 model Ecosport with Android Auto and Apple Carplay.
Old 18th December 2020, 19:09   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
You are correct, no stock of AT anywhere in Pune. However, there is one Titanium + AT available at PPS Ford which is January 2020 model. He is willing to give me a 70k discount on that (offered straight away on the phone enquiry). I am lured by the discount, but I am also suspicious that how come this is unsold, while rest of the ES stocks are all sold out. Should I see something fishy here?
Old 18th December 2020, 20:01   #177
BHPian

Quote:
You are correct, no stock of AT anywhere in Pune. However, there is one Titanium + AT available at PPS Ford which is January 2020 model. He is willing to give me a 70k discount on that (offered straight away on the phone enquiry). I am lured by the discount, but I am also suspicious that how come this is unsold, while rest of the ES stocks are all sold out. Should I see something fishy here?
I am not sure on what could be the reason for the car to remain unsold for so long. Will leave it to experts to comment on that.
But, note that the FlyAudio head unit in the Ecosport is updated in September 2020 with support for live traffic, wifi connectivity etc. And as per the reports, retrofit on older models is not possible. So, getting a January 2020 model would mean that you are not going to get this update. May be you can talk about this to see a possibility of further negotiation if you are going to proceed.
skarthiksr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 12:26   #178
BHPian

Enquired with Dhruv Ford,Pallikarnai, Chennai today and they said that the Titanium AT is not available anymore.

And only the Titanium+AT is available.

This increases the onroad close to 2 lacs.

They were urging me to book before Dec to freeze the exshowroom price as deliveries will only commence in Jan.
Old 22nd December 2020, 15:12   #179
BHPian

Quote:
When I was looking for a car I was offered 70k discount on fresh Titanium+AT. So this discount that you are being offered is nothing grand. A year old model should have lot more discount, especially in December. Best wait for next year.
Old 4th January 2021, 13:09   #180
Senior - BHPian

Ford India has updated the EcoSport prices for 2021. Prices have come down by 35K. In addition, now EcoSport has a sun roof on the Titanium variant as well.

Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh-smartselect_20210104130535_lite.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed