Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2020, 08:50   #46
Team-BHP Support

re: Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

I've not considered cosmetic as well as some non-deal breaking features here....
How in the world is anyone expected to remember all those feature combinations? I suspect even their assembly line robots struggle a bit.

'Assemble Titanium trim.'

'24 matches found for Titanium. Please select one.'

'Huh?'

'Please enter date/time of variant specification'.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 21st January 2020 at 08:52.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 08:55   #47
BHPian

Great news! Ford was pioneer in CSUV segment with EcoSport. Now kudos to them for reveling bs6 diesel pricing ahead of others and keeping it minimal. Game all set!
K_Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 08:56   #48
BHPian

What a move from Ford. This is expected to put some sense into the competition. While automakers are aiming to lap-up margins in the guise of BS-VI, Ford has done the exact opposite. I guess, the upcoming Tata Nexon facelift could be the most affected as it is rumoured to be getting a six-figure price hike.

P.S: To all those who think that the Nexon is VFM, please have a look at the price increase. When launched, XZ+ Diesel was priced at 9.45 lacs (true VFM) ex-showroom, which has now been increased to 10.5 lacs. A whooping six-figure increase with some feature deletion. With the upcoming face-lift, it will no longer be a VFM offering. I am not saying that Tata should price its cars below the competition, but the prices will now be at par. This makes logical sense but is against what Tata is known for. This is coming from a Tata Nexon owner, so, please don't assume that i am here to bash Tata.
tarik.arora is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 08:56   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Well, I'm aware of these. What I meant to convey was that in Ecosport2020, the Titanium Plus loses out to S on those features. It doesn't mean that it was or wasn't same earlier. My opinion is with reference to the current one. So yes, the Titanium Plus does lose these features when compared to S variant. The feature list might be the same as last model.
Ah my bad. Though my point regarding the thunder variants being there for quite some time still stands.

Quote:
The Petrol AT is available in Titanium Plus variant so it does come with 6 airbags, Electronic Stability Control, Emergency Brake Assist, Traction Control System and Hill Launch Assist. Cruise control is an added feature present only in Titanium Plus AT and Petrol & Diesel S variants.

This time you have misunderstood what I said.i know what the titanium plus AT comes with. I was pointing out that it is no longer the fully loaded variant since they removed all the features like sync3, mykey etc.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 09:17   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone noticed that the torque rating for the Ecosport diesel has been pushed up by 10Nm to 215 Nm (i.e. identical to the ratings on the Figo/ Aspire/ Freestyle TDCI)? Has this change been made with the BS6 compliant engine or was this introduced earlier ? Till recently the engine made only 205Nm of torque. Whichever it is though, welcome move. I was always baffled why being a considerably heavier vehicle the Ecosport had lower torque rating than its smaller stable mates.
Old 21st January 2020, 09:30   #51
BANNED

It is known that Ford's diesels in India have been the "old school" ones using SOHC configuration, relatively smaller turbos and injection pressures tad less than what the modern day diesels use. This might have been a blessing in disguise for Ford as a modern efficient engine emits more NOx than a less efficient one - similar to what happened in the case of VW's diesel-gate issue. When I say efficient, I mean from a combustion perspective.

In my small experience of working with cars hands-on; I have observed that the EGRs on engines that are highly efficient (Ex: VW TDi, Fiat's MJD etc.) are more aggressively tuned to keep emissions in check. Probably one of the reasons why we see more cases of choked up EGRs, MIL driven by command vs feedback error from the EGR etc. on the engines mentioned above.

My guess is that the effort Ford's engineering team had to put in to make the 1.5 TDCi BS6 compliant would have been less and the marketing team has smartly capitalized on this to price it competitively.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 09:36   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Has anyone noticed that the torque rating for the Ecosport diesel has been pushed up by 10Nm to 215 Nm (i.e. identical to the ratings on the Figo/ Aspire/ Freestyle TDCI)? Has this change been made with the BS6 compliant engine or was this introduced earlier ?
The increased torque seems to be with this BS6 update. I would love to know what Ford has done to make this engine BS6 compatible at such an aggressive price point.
Old 21st January 2020, 09:46   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
The increased torque seems to be with this BS6 update. I would love to know what Ford has done to make this engine BS6 compatible at such an aggressive price point.
Indeed. Or it is just that other manufacturers are trying to make hay while the BS6 sun shines by charging an unwarranted premium on their BS6 models while Ford is not? Whatever the logic may be, good that the TDCI engine is being continued. It is a lovely engine, especially more so on the smaller cars and I am happy that they have chosen to continue it. With the BS6 update, there should not be too many concerns regarding falling afoul of environmental regulations in the near future.
Old 21st January 2020, 09:57   #54
Team-BHP Support

I'm surprised they managed to get the old 1.5L TDCi to meet BS6 norms and that too only at 13K premium. Pleasantly surprised to see this from Ford.

My guess is Ford probably went for the simpler NOx trap for the smaller 1.5L engine similar to what Kia did with Seltos and not for the full blown SCR with Adblue.

This is same as what Tata is doing with Altroz as well as Nexon.
Vid6639 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 10:15   #55
BHPian

Really have to hand it to Ford that being said the 1.5L does have much higher NVH levels than new motors like the one in Seltos. The best thing is for pre existing owners there will never be a engine part availability issue
ajaiD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 10:57   #56
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

This is same as what Tata is doing with Altroz as well as Nexon.
Then probably it is a rumor that Nexon BS6 will cost a lakh more than BS4.
Old 21st January 2020, 10:58   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Then probably it is a rumor that Nexon BS6 will cost a lakh more than BS4.
Well the 1L maybe a rumour but you have to remember that the Nexon BS6 will be the new facelift with a lot of changes and more features apart from BS6 engines. So it definitely will not be a 13K increase.

The top end now has sunroof and other features so my guess is that will bump up the price reasonably more.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 11:52   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileline View Post
Totally agree. Time for Maruti Suzuki to rethink their strategy. I think their announcement regarding Diesel engines was premature.
I mentioned in other threads as well in the past. Most of the automobile manufacturers were creating noise on cost of BS-VI conversion to:
  • 1 Sell their existing inventories faster and overcome current dull market situation
  • 2 Force government to postpone BS-VI implementation by few months/years so that they extract more money from existing investment on engines
Shubhendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 11:54   #59
BHPian

While what they have done with the pricing is commendable, its absolutely foolhardy to skip Android auto in the only AT variant they have -the T+. I was hoping they will correct it with the BS6 car. Come on! the Maruti spresso now has Android Auto and apple carplay!!!
veyron_head is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 12:16   #60
Senior - BHPian

Ford was exporting the same vehicle to Europe with BS6 compliant engine. My guess is that the engine was already BS6 but the DPF was deleted, and software tweaked to suit our fuel. Exports were also more than local sales, so now they have one change less for the local model. After market DPF for replacement for low end BS6 cars in Europe costs less than Euro 4000, removing dealer margin, and logistic cost for individual piece against container load supply etc its basic cost should be about half that ie Rs 14000.

BTW Ashok leyland Dost BS6 sold only in NCR costs Rs 11891 more than same model in BS4 elsewhere.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks