Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2020, 22:02   #91
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
It is a best practice to run a warmed up Diesel engine at 3000+ rpm continuously for at least a minute once every 10-15 days if your car does not hit the highway regularly. Clears the exhaust system and prevents soot build up.
Think this is applicable to only bs6 diesels, with DPF fitted? Can you please confirm?
spr1ngleo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 04:43   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
Think this is applicable to only bs6 diesels, with DPF fitted? Can you please confirm?
This is a best practice, and something that I feel makes a difference on my BS4 diesel City as well as my BS2 2.6DI Scorpio. On BS6 diesels, this is certainly required. You need the exhaust to be at a high enough temperature and pressure continuously for a while to burn off the soot, and this won’t happen automatically in typically low speed Indian urban commutes. Users need to be careful about this or they will have the check engine light glowing.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 17:30   #93
BHPian

Received this photo of DOC and DPF from a person attending the Auto Expo. It is meant for a 5L engine. Needless to say, its quite large!

Has anyone here got any photos like this one? I want to know details of its installation in the EcoSport as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh-dpf.jpg  

ds.raikkonen is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 12:01   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
I hope you are aware of the work around that can be used in case you want Android auto or Apple carplay in your flyaudio system. No body should have to suffer having a mobile mount stuck to the dash after spending this much on a new car.
No. But can anyone share a link of the same. I need android auto because I have got very accustomed to this in my grand i10. I am planning to buy an ecosport but will go for the thunder edition if I can get Android auto on that even if it requires some effort if it's a permanent fix. I did find a few youtube videos.
Thanks in advance

Did any one take a TD of the ford ecosport bs6 diesel btw? I have taken it and feel the punch missing compared to bs4. Drivability has improved though. Demanding some performance at 40 on 4th and 50 on 5th makes the engine lug. Not the case with bs4. Can anybody confirm?

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th February 2020 at 12:09. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 12th February 2020, 22:43   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron82x3 View Post
No. But can anyone share a link of the same. I need android auto because I have got very accustomed to this in my grand i10. I am planning to buy an ecosport but will go for the thunder edition if I can get Android auto on that even if it requires some effort if it's a permanent fix. I did find a few Youtube videos.
Thanks in advance
Sorry sir. Even I have only the Youtube videos for reference. Will let you know if I see any detailed guides on it (though the Youtube videos seemed comprehensive enough).

My personal opinion is that the since the price diff between the two variants Thunder and S is less than 1Lakh and the additional features you get are amazing I would go for the S variant.

Quote:
Did any one take a TD of the ford ecosport bs6 diesel btw? I have taken it and feel the punch missing compared to bs4. Drivability has improved though. Demanding some performance at 40 on 4th and 50 on 5th makes the engine lug. Not the case with bs4. Can anybody confirm?
Did they improve anything else with respect to the BS4 version. For example, I have seen quite a few complaints about the clutch being too hard for city drives but I have driven only the pre-facelift version from Zoomcar. That had a really hard clutch after which I dropped plans for the Ecosport.
Old 12th February 2020, 23:48   #96
BHPian

Quote:
My personal opinion is that the since the price diff between the two variants Thunder and S is less than 1Lakh and the additional features you get are amazing I would go for the S variant.
Yes. Have made my decision. S is the one to go for.

Quote:
Did they improve anything else with respect to the BS4 version. For example, I have seen quite a few complaints about the clutch being too hard for city drives but I have driven only the pre-facelift version from Zoomcar. That had a really hard clutch after which I dropped plans for the Ecosport.
No improvements. But the alloy design has changed with smaller wheels. Previous wheels were much much better IMHO in terms of looks. But Ford Ecosport being a driver focused car should have come with 5 lug nut setup like the Germans in the price range. Even the Brezza and Venue has a 5 lug nut setup. No wonder they are selling better. Ford should have added a cooled glove box too. Going to miss them.

Anyway this is a decision taken more with heart and less with head.
ron82x3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 17:24   #97
BHPian

I visited Ford to checkout BS-VI EcoSport. According to the SA, BS-VI prices have not been raised much at launch, but it is not sustainable. Ford is planning to remove Sync, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay from EcoSport soon.

SA further added, company is working on its own infotainment platform, which will save them cost. Once the platform is fully functional, above features would be deleted.
Old 20th February 2020, 17:32   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshye View Post
I visited Ford to checkout BS-VI EcoSport. According to the SA, BS-VI prices have not been raised much at launch, but it is not sustainable. Ford is planning to remove Sync, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay from EcoSport soon.
Lower variants of EcoSport do not come with the Sync system. The Flyaudio system doesn't have Android auto and Apple car play.

What is there for them to remove? Or am I missing something ?
Old 20th February 2020, 18:35   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Have made my decision. S is the one to go for.
Anyway this is a decision taken more with heart and less with head.
Great! The S variant has almost everything one would need.

So did you book the car?
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 18:45   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Great! The S variant has almost everything one would need.

So did you book the car?
Yes. I've book it last week. It's a Ford Ecosport Titanium 1.5 TDCi Canyon Ridge. Expected date of delivery is 15th March since the car was not in stock. Thanks for asking.
ron82x3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 11:44   #101
BANNED

I am planning to replace my 2014 Hyundai Elite i20 (petrol). Due to sluggish Hyundai petrol engine I am not keen on another Hyundai again. I had visited Hyundai showroom to check the Venue which has the 1.0 L option. But I have doubt on the 3 cylinder engine. Though Ecosport is also having 3L engine here.
Does any BHP-ian have tried both Venue SX+ AT and Ecosport titanium+ AT both?

I am in a pretty confused state to finalize the right compact SUV. My average running is less than average, but the Ecosport AT is having similar price to S variant Diesel.

Any suggestion from the group will help. :-)

NOTE FROM SUPPORT - Dear BHPian,

There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by Sheel : 21st February 2020 at 11:56. Reason: Mod note attached.
Suvo_Petrolhead is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st February 2020, 13:46   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suvo_Petrolhead View Post
I am in a pretty confused state to finalize the right compact SUV. My average running is less than average, but the Ecosport AT is having similar price to S variant Diesel.

Any suggestion from the group will help. :-)

I own the Ecosport titanium at and it is a great car in all aspects except mileage. Mine gives me 6kmpl in the city and 8-9 on the highway. Also the pickup is ok for city but you’ll find it lacking on the highway. I'm sure the Venue should have better acceleration and hopefully better mileage. It might not have the build, suspension or rear seat comfort of Ecosport though..

Last edited by vb-saan : 21st February 2020 at 13:55. Reason: Please only quote the relevant parts so that its easy to read, especially members who access via smartphones. Thanks
spkrnh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 14:30   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suvo_Petrolhead View Post
Does any BHP-ian have tried both Venue SX+ AT and Ecosport titanium+ AT both?
Did an extensive research and test drives on both last year and finally went for Venue SX+ in Nov 2019. The car runs like a charm. Gives me around 9-11kmpl in city and gave around 15-17kmpl on highway when I traveled to Hyderabad. It is well built, drives beautifully and the turbo engine is amazing.
Try driving both one after the other and decide for yourself.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 15:32   #104
BANNED

Mod Note: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers. Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 21st February 2020 at 17:38.
Suvo_Petrolhead is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st February 2020, 17:15   #105
BHPian

Not sure about Venue but I own a EcoSport T+ AT. Although I don't drive in bumper-to-bumper traffic often, the few times I did, I got 7-8km/l. If you drive in such conditions daily then you may want to strike off EcoSport from your list. On highway though I frequently registered 15-16km/l. I am somewhat sedate driver who occasionally pulls away.

On that note, why don't you consider smaller cars? They will deliver much better mileage. EcoSport is a heavy vehicle and on top of it has a TC gearbox so good mileage cannot be expected. But if you really like the SUV'ish look then EcoSport and Venue fit the bill perfectly.

Last edited by GTO : 21st February 2020 at 17:38. Reason: Quoted post deleted
strawhat is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed