Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2020, 19:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh

Unbelievable !! What a pleasant surprise this !! This is even less than normal hikes car manufacturer's generally do at the start of the new year. This is really good, will definitely put other manufacturer's under pressure. Hope others follow suit.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 19:27   #17
BHPian

Proud of Ford.

My appreciation for the company has been growing, especially after I got myself the Ecosport a couple of weeks ago.

I know Ford has been reducing features from the top trim, but there's something I would like to highlight.
Ford Ecosport is the only one, which sports the biggest and most responsive touch screen infotainment from the 2nd base variant(Trend).
Nexon and Brezza come with touchscreen and navigation only on the top trims.

I personally found the EcoSport Trend TDCi the most VFM CSUV in the current market.

Last edited by iamahunter : 20th January 2020 at 19:29.
iamahunter is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 19:39   #18
BHPian

There is no price increase for the Titanium Diesel , am I missing something ? Ford has hit the prices out of the park here !

Being an owner of the 1.5 TDCi freestyle, I'm very happy that ford has decided to keep the engine alive

It'll be interesting to see how they achieved it. Also very curious to see the pricing of Nexon/ Breeza/ Xuv 3oo ( already over priced ) diesels
Sk8r is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 19:46   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
Being an owner of the 1.5 TDCi freestyle, I'm very happy that ford has decided to keep the engine alive
Exactly. Please do take a look at my small celebration post in the first page.

This, in my opinion, is a good news for all enthusiasts. Without argument, this is one of the best under 2 litre engines on sale in india, be it petrol or diesel. Ford is keeping it's promise to upgrade it's small car range to bs6. They have earned my respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Ford Ecosport is the only one, which sports the biggest and most responsive touch screen infotainment from the 2nd base variant(Trend).
I thought except the top end T+ and S variants, the rest got the flyaudio touchscreen?
As much as i am ecstatic about this news ( and they have earned my respect ), i have used the flyaudio unit and i was not really satisfied with it, the sync 3 on the other hand, i can safely say, excluding the luxury brands UIs, is the best UI of any manufacturer in this country.

Last edited by SaiSW : 20th January 2020 at 19:52.
SaiSW is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 20:15   #20
Senior - BHPian

Woah!!! After all the ruckus about BS-VI diesel engine being so expensive to manufacture and all, just 13k increase?

Or is it like Ford has a bigger plan? Maybe supplying the engine to other manufacturers since 1.3MJD sunset is about to leave a huge gap in market now? And hence looking at the bigger scale, taking an initial hit?

Last edited by SoumenD : 20th January 2020 at 20:18.
SoumenD is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 20:18   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedshift View Post
It's a shame that sync 3 still remains elusive in the lower trims.

Also, the torque for diesel seems to have increased from 205nm to 215nm like in Aspire and Figo.
The power and torque figures were bumped up in for the 2016 models, even before the 2017 facelift came out .
Old 20th January 2020, 20:22   #22
BHPian

I don't think Tata Nexon diesel is the most VFM here, infact it is very close to the overpriced XUV300. Below are the prices (Mumbai On-Road) of similarly spec'd cars in the segment.

Ford EcoSport Titanium Diesel - 11.88 lakhs (Lacks Android auto)

Tata Nexon XZ Plus - 12.75 lakhs

Vitara Brezza Zdi+ - 11.70 lakhs

Hyundai Venue SX- 11.63 lakhs (Lacks Push Button start & Rear wiper) (Has Sunroof)

Mahindra XUV 300 W6 - 13.11 lakhs

Ford Ecosport is the only BS-6 Diesel out there right now and makes a strong case for itself.

Last edited by ATRONIX : 20th January 2020 at 20:23.
ATRONIX is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 20:25   #23
BHPian

Wow! This should be a clear response to all the naysayers and non believers commenting on Ford's so called "commitment to India"

Clearly they wouldn't have given such competitive pricing and stuck to upgrading their engines if they weren't keen on conitnuing here. It pains to see such efforts go unrewarded where as the fear mongering efforts of Maruti that holds utter disregard for customer safety be rewarded time and again by our People.

Kudos, after the introduction of ford service promise with transparent service and maintenance costs this move has again reaffirmed my decision to invest my money on them!

Cheers
TDCi'd is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 20:36   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
I thought except the top end T+ and S variants, the rest got the flyaudio touchscreen?
Yes, its fly audio touchscreen with offline navigation. It does not have the Sync3.

For that matter, in 2019 edition even the Titanium or T+ does not come with the Sync 3.

Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh-car-int.jpg

Last edited by iamahunter : 20th January 2020 at 20:43.
iamahunter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 20:52   #25
BHPian

After these prices, it will be interesting to observe the sales figures of the Ecosport Diesel variants. This reveal might help few enthusiasts go for the 1.5L diesel Mill.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 20th January 2020 at 21:40. Reason: Updated ES to Ecosport. Thanks
smileline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 21:02   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Yes, its fly audio touchscreen with offline navigation. It does not have the Sync3.

For that matter, in 2019 edition even the Titanium or T+ does not come with the Sync 3.

Attachment 1958947
I hope you are aware of the work around that can be used in case you want Android auto or Apple carplay in your flyaudio system. No body should have to suffer having a mobile mount stuck to the dash after spending this much on a new car.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 21:02   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
What approach has Ford followed to make the diesel BS6 compliant? Are they using exhaust additives like Adblue, or this their system based on automatic regeneration like the Kia Seltos, requiring periodic running at high engine speeds?

Interesting comment regarding periodic running at high engine speeds. I wasn’t aware of this.

Any source/links with additional details where I could gather more info.

I hardly redline my diesel vehicle ( usually always below 2k rpm) so wonder if this could result in unexpected issues and I might have to change my sedate driving style.
Old 20th January 2020, 21:40   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
I don't think Tata Nexon diesel is the most VFM here, infact it is very close to the overpriced XUV300. Below are the prices (Mumbai On-Road) of similarly spec'd cars in the segment.

Hyundai Venue SX- 11.63 lakhs (Lacks Push Button start & Rear wiper) (Has Sunroof)

Ford Ecosport is the only BS-6 Diesel out there right now and makes a strong case for itself.
Thanks. Nexon XZ Plus is 12.39 lakh not 12.75 lakh. On-road price data from here.

You have not taken the exact top variants for all cars, okay let's assume that you have taken similarly specced variants, but post the facelift release Nexon will address all the feature shortcomings.

Selected variants are not similarly specced exactly feature to feature as Nexon had few which others didn't have, and Venue had few which others didn't have, etc.(Example XUV300 W6 misses out on rear camera while others had it, Ecosport & XUV300 misses out on Android Auto & Apple CarPlay while others had it, Nexon had 8 speakers while others had 4 speakers, etc). Quite an unfair comparison. Painting a wrong picture.

Features are visible, but what about other things like build etc, people happily pay premium to Toyota for reliability but won't they want to pay anything for safer cars?

Yes, Ecosport is quite a good car, BS6 price announcement made it a formidable competitor in the segment. Another formidable player is Brezza.

Last edited by wheelguy : 20th January 2020 at 21:59.
wheelguy is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 22:25   #29
BHPian

Quote:
I don't understand your comparison. You have not taken the top spec version of the ecosport to compare with the competition you mentioned. I don't think Nexon is anywhere near overpriced. Leave the sports edition, the titanium+ variant is 12.84 lacs on road. Also, Nexon xz+ is around 12.3 lacs.

Besides, the facelifted Nexon will cover the features it misses out on compared to competition, i am pretty sure the price increase will be reasonable and even then the Nexon is a very competent product.

Last edited by SaiSW : 20th January 2020 at 22:29.
SaiSW is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 22:35   #30
BHPian

Quote:

Some Prices are not matching according to the variants.

Here's a carwale comparison link of the top end diesel varients of Ecosport, Nexon, Venue & Brezza.

Prices ON-Road Mumbai.
  • Ecosport Titanium + 1.5L TDCi : ₹ 13.3 L
  • Venue SX 1.4 (O) CRDi : ₹ 13.1 L
  • Nexon XZ Plus Diesel : ₹ 12.75 L
  • Vitara Brezza ZDi Plus : ₹ 11.7 L
  • XUV 3OO 1.5 W8 (O) : ₹ 14.51 L

Above are the prices of the top end diesels without any limited editions or dual tone options. Hope that's a fine comparison.

According the source(carwale) only the EcoSport sports a BS6 Engine as of now. Rest all sport a BS4 engine.

Some notable points from the comparison.
  • Ecosport stand at 205 Nm only higher to Brezza at 200 Nm.
  • At 99 Bhp, ecosport stands lower only to XUV(115 bhp) & Nexon (108 bhp).
  • Ecosport is the narrowest at 1765 mm with XUV being widest at 1821mm.
  • Nexon has the highest Ground Clearance at 209 mm, with EcoSport at 200mm.
  • Ecosport has the largest boot(352L) and largest fuel tank (53L).
  • Only EcoSport provides a full size alloy spare wheel (incorrectly mentioned 'steel' in the above comparison).
  • Venue scores high with all its connected apps, which are available with neither of the other CSUVs.
  • Sadly Ecosport does not come with Android Auto or Apple Car play, but it has the largest and most responsive touch screen.

Hope Ford comes with an update for the system to have Android Auto/Apple Carplay.(is that technically possible?)
iamahunter is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks