Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2020, 13:37   #136
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
I was going through the updated BS VI brochures of Figo, Aspire & Freestyle. One thing that caught my attention was the increase in service cost (published in the brochure) for the diesel variant, compared to what I have been paying for our 2016 Ecosport D. Initially it seemed to me that Ford has increased the service cost for its whole range.

Ford publishes the service cost in its website for every model/ variant. Here's the link: https://www.fordservicepricepromise....=cos_calculate. Here I randomly checked the service cost for Figo BS IV & Figo BS VI for 20k km servicing. Comparing both the estimates, I found out a difference in engine oil price. For BS IV model, Rs. 1174 worth of engine oil is needed. Ford BS VI model, Rs. 2399 worth of engine oil is needed.

This can only mean either of these 2 things, BS VI engine has a larger oil sump or a different (costly) grade of oil is needed for the BS VI engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
The service advisor was surprised to know that the BS6 1.5 TDCi requires 6.5 liters of oil as against 3.8 liters of earlier 1.5 TDCi. The owners' manual of BS6 TDCi too mentions the capacity as 6.5 liters. That is quite a bit of an increase in engine oil capacity! Apparently, mine was the first BS6 TDCi they changed oil for (which is fair as BS6 TDCi was introduced in Jan 2020 and no one else must've reached 10K km for the second service which needs oil change as per the schedule). The bill was Rs. 31XX owing to the new higher oil requirement.
Thanks for sharing this information. So, no more confusion regarding the increase in service cost for the Ecosport BS VI (diesel). They have increased the engine oil sump size. Can you attach a photo of the bill? Did the SA tell anything about BSVI engines needing different type of engine oil? The engine oil used in BS IV Ecosport D is of 5W30 grade & costs around Rs. 300 per liter (including tax).

Here's the bill for the 70k km service of our BS IV Ecosport D:

Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh-ecosport-70k-km-service.jpg

Last edited by chiranjitp : 29th June 2020 at 13:51.
chiranjitp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 14:33   #137
BHPian

Here is the bill. The engine oil used is 0W30.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh-service_bill.jpeg  

RishikeshK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 15:55   #138
BANNED

Quote:
Here is the bill. The engine oil used is 0W30.
What's with the 6.5 pieces under quantity of oil?

Last edited by Kishen.padiyar : 29th June 2020 at 15:57.
Old 29th June 2020, 15:56   #139
BHPian

Quote:
The service advisor was surprised to know that the BS6 1.5 TDCi requires 6.5 liters of oil as against 3.8 liters of earlier 1.5 TDCi. The owners' manual of BS6 TDCi too mentions the capacity as 6.5 liters. That is quite a bit of an increase in engine oil capacity! Apparently, mine was the first BS6 TDCi they changed oil for (which is fair as BS6 TDCi was introduced in Jan 2020 and no one else must've reached 10K km for the second service which needs oil change as per the schedule). The bill was Rs. 31XX owing to the new higher oil requirement.
Wow, that's a huge difference right there. Anyone has any idea why the BS6 TDCi engine needs almost double the amount of engine oil compared to BS4 engine? AFAIK, the engine is almost the same with minor changes to make it BS6 complaint. Also the grade of engine oil seems to have changed as well. I guess BS6 TDCi owners won't be able to brag about lower service costs anymore unlike us BS4 owners

This was my 2018 EcoSport TDCi 2500km service invoice for reference:
Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh-1stservice.jpg

My 2nd service cost was even cheaper at around 1400 in total for almost the same items as above. It was lesser since there was some service camp running at that time due to which I got discounts on certain items. Lucky timing I would say

Last edited by BlackPearl : 29th June 2020 at 16:34. Reason: Merged back to back posts. Thanks
Funny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 17:25   #140
BHPian

Ford has revised their pricing on all the models except Endeavour.
Every variant of EcoSport now has been increased by ₹13,500 except for the Titanium Diesel, which still costs ₹9,99,900 Ex-Showroom.

A screenshot from the Ford's Website:

Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh-ecosport.jpg

Price Difference:

Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh-ecosport-diff.jpeg
neo_narender is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 04:34   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_narender View Post
Every variant of EcoSport now has been increased by ₹13,500 except for the Titanium Diesel, which still costs ₹9,99,900 Ex-Showroom.

Attachment 2029060

Price Difference:

Attachment 2029059
Ford would never fiddle with the titanium variant's pricing because that's the most selling variant in the lineup and if priced above 10L that would result in an additional 1.5L outgo for the customer because of the higher tax bracket in some states for cars above 10L . I feel that most customers are unaware that Ford has stripped of 50% features of what one used to get in all variants and the biggest loss is for Titanium and Titanium + owners

Common feature loss: Sync 3 , black interiors and puddle lamps. Heck, even the chime sounds is so different for sync 3 and non sync 3 variants. Then flyaudio ones sound lie a rough sound of Super Mario game.

Titanium variant feature loss: No split rear seat with armrest, sunglass holder,

Gains: beige interior, fly audio and bigger MID

Titanium+ gains: only sunroof and above gains of titanium.

C'mon Ford just because to give a bigger MID(costs 10-12k for mass production), you remove features which were so good and functional.

At least give the choice to the customers like they do in UK or US.

They have brought back the prices of May 2018 for titanium+ and above variants.

I don't understand why Ford kills it's own cars despite them having so much potential! I mean it because my car has been through some very rough patches, no roads and run over a cement barricade as well( accidentally) and nothing happened at all.

Last edited by jithin23 : 12th July 2020 at 04:35. Reason: Typo
jithin23 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 10:14   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Great! The S variant has almost everything one would need.

So did you book the car?
Finally got my car delivered in Red last week from Kaikan ford, kolkata. Delivery experience was excellent, and they were very professional. That being said, still by best delivery experience was with Maruti buying an Alto. They really made us feel special. I think, this is one of the reason why marutis sell so well.

Sharing a few pictures
Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh-20200716_211250.jpg

First wash, what I call the familiarisation wash. Helps get me accustomed with the size and dimensions and external features of the car.

Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh-20200716_082128_hdr01.jpeg

Ford EcoSport BS6 launched at Rs 8.04 lakh-20200721_143222_hdr02.jpeg

I had booked the car initially on 13th February, from Kaikan ford kolkata, even after getting a better deal from Kaikan ford kolkata, but unfortunately they couldn't deliver the car even within 40 days. They had promised delivery in 25 days in writing! To make matters worse, they never updated the status of the car. Then lockdown happened. Post lockdown I was so frustrated, that I went ahead and cancelled the booking altogether and thought that I should have wait for the new Thar!
But the Ecosport fits my requirements better, so a week later I decided to book the car from Kaikan ford. They had Ecosport S Diesel in Red and Blue. With much confusion, our family finalized on the Race Red color. The car was delivered in 8 days(6 working days) as promised. And I aslo got good discounts. Have covered only 400 kms in the last 5 days.
Review will be coming with my favourite detailing products after the 1500kms break in period is over!
Spoiler alert: Will have reviews of turtle wax products!
ron82x3 is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 08:31   #143
BANNED

I have bought BS-6 Ecosport few months ago.
There is a problem observed " Sudden drop of pickup and vibration". This is reported to Ford India, almost 2 months ago. But still problem not resolved. Ford India regularly calling me and updating me status like " we are working on the issue".

I feel bit scared while overtaking the vehicles on highways because at any moment pickup may drop and it is a major safety issue.

Making me drive this defective vehicle for so long is not right.

Now I am thinking, what is the fun in driving such expensive vehicle with defective engine rather I would have brought reliable small vehicle. I am requesting if any one is facing this problem. Ford India customer care informed me that there are some cases reported.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 31st July 2020 at 14:16. Reason: typo.
mnaik is offline   (3) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 31st July 2020, 12:39   #144
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnaik View Post
I feel bit scary while overtaking the vehicles on highways because at any moment pickup may drop and it is a major safety issue.

Making me drive this defective vehicle for so long is not right.
Ask them to arrange for a loaner vehicle until the issue is resolved.

Basically EcoSport is a wonderful vehicle, did you check out with other BS6 EcoSport owners if any of them had similar issue.
Old 16th August 2020, 14:51   #145
BHPian

Guys, an update on DPF illumination for TDCi? It's 8 months since the BS6 was launched. There has to be some cases where someone experienced it. I have seen reports on the Seltos, the Harrier and other cars in this forum. However, none has reported this in Ecosport/Freestyle. Infact, I checked some Whatsapp groups too but no one has got it. Sounds a bit strange to be honest.
Old 16th August 2020, 15:20   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_narender View Post

Attachment 2029060

Price Difference:

Attachment 2029059
What's the difference between Titanium plus and Thunder editions, since the price is the same?
Old 16th August 2020, 15:30   #147
BHPian

Quote:

The service advisor was surprised to know that the BS6 1.5 TDCi requires 6.5 liters of oil as against 3.8 liters of earlier 1.5 TDCi. The owners' manual of BS6 TDCi too mentions the capacity as 6.5 liters.
Not sure what to make out of this statement. The SA would have undergone training or atleast Ford would have provided instructions and training material for BS6 upgraded engines and the changes thereof. Looks like a case of the SA being careless about getting trained or updated.
Old 16th August 2020, 16:08   #148
Team-BHP Support

Seriously, 6.5 litres in a 1.5 litre engine? Must be a HUGE sump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
What's with the 6.5 pieces under quantity of oil?
The UOM (unit of material) should read litres instead of pieces. Just a minor error in the system.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 17:04   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
What's the difference between Titanium plus and Thunder editions, since the price is the same?
Ecosport Titanium+ gets the following over Thunder Edition:
  1. Rain sensing wipers
  2. Automatic headlamps
  3. Driver seatback map pocket
  4. Premium cluster with chrome rings
  5. Locking wheel nut for alloy spare wheel
  6. Side & curtain airbags

Thunder over Titanium+:
  1. Folding grab handles with coat hook
  2. Leatherette seats
  3. Sporty alloy pedal
  4. Front door scuff plate
  5. Cargo area management system
  6. Black outside mirror
  7. Black front grille
  8. Black painted roof
  9. Sporty decals
  10. Sporty rear spoiler
  11. Puddle lamps on outside mirrors
These are the differences from the website.

Neo
neo_narender is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 14:03   #150
BHPian

I am hoping in every iteration that Ford would offer android auto, TPMS etc on the T+ variant, the only AT variant they have. But it doesn't seem to be coming. They dont seem to want to offer AT on the S trim either. I am in the market for an automatic and in all probablity will have to go for another brand. I can't imagine paying 15 lacs and having to use my phone for maps.
veyron_head is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks