Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Old 21st March 2020, 20:38   #181
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
Can any of the new owners comment on the NVH of the facelift and general engine refinement? I read earlier in this thread that it has been reworked from the previous Tiago and should be improved.

I'm torn between Ignis and Tiago, I'm leaning towards Tiago on every front but the engine. It doesn't necessarily need to performance oriented, just good enough and most importantly, refined.
My Tiago XZA+ BS6 has completed 600km till date and I can guarantee you that the NVH levels have definitely improved from the BS4 model. The previous 3 cylinder grunt has been reduced. Under bonnet insulation has made a comeback also. Not sure whether Tata has improved cabin insulation but it sure seems a step above from the previous one.

My recommendation will be Tiago if engine is not your topmost priority. Ignis is overpriced if you compare both of them feature wise. Also Tiago Facelift feels like a proper facelift on the road rather than the Ignis facelift.
janakiram_m is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 23:16   #182
BHPian

Quote:
i'm torn between Ignis and Tiago, I'm leaning towards Tiago on every front but the engine. It doesn't necessarily need to performance oriented, just good enough and most importantly, refined.
I recently bought an Ignis AMT for my dad, for city it's a practical car, however I would any day buy the Tiago for its sturdy build and better ride quality. If you intend to do long drives, I would definitely say Tiago is a safer and better choice.
Chillout is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 23:22   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janakiram_m View Post
My Tiago XZA+ BS6 has completed 600km till date and I can guarantee you that the NVH levels have definitely improved from the BS4 model. The previous 3 cylinder grunt has been reduced. Under bonnet insulation has made a comeback also. Not sure whether Tata has improved cabin insulation but it sure seems a step above from the previous one.

My recommendation will be Tiago if engine is not your topmost priority. Ignis is overpriced if you compare both of them feature wise. Also Tiago Facelift feels like a proper facelift on the road rather than the Ignis facelift.

Thank you! This is what I wanted to know. I'm a sedate driver and like to enjoy traveling experience. I just want a decent refined engine, it doesn't have to be peppy. Tiago it'll be, then. Or maybe Tigor?

The maroon Tigor looks absolutely smashing!
RoadMonkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 05:32   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
The red beauty is here ! Finally took the delivery.
Congratulations! That colour does look gorgeous. Do update us on your user experience with positives and negatives. With the audio system off, how is the NVH levels of the engine? Also post more pics of the red beauty.
John316_WRC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 09:39   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John316_WRC View Post
Congratulations! That colour does look gorgeous. Do update us on your user experience with positives and negatives. With the audio system off, how is the NVH levels of the engine? Also post more pics of the red beauty.
Thanks John! I will definitely update my ownership experience in the coming days. With audio system off, the NVH levels are acceptable. Not loud but one can hear wind noise.
sairamboko is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2020, 13:26   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you! This is what I wanted to know. I'm a sedate driver and like to enjoy traveling experience. I just want a decent refined engine, it doesn't have to be peppy. Tiago it'll be, then. Or maybe Tigor?
Yep, right choice. I am sure you will love the grunt as you accelerate the Tiago/Tigor. I am a Tiago NRG owner and really love the nature of the car after comparing to extra smooth but fragile Maruris. The trust and respect for Tiago improved after >800KM long trip where it gave >20kmpl FE with petrol engine, heavy confidence on highways and nice space. I bought a front arm rest from carhatke and it added amazing comfort. I have an Ertiga but have started loving Tiago's ride quality over it.
rajivtelang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2020, 14:03   #187
BHPian

I thought of putting this post here even though it is for my 2019 Tiago NRG. I bought an NRG kit that included seat covers (really good ones), black outlines across headlamps, bumper corner protectors and a black border on the hatch door. This was at Rs. 9000/-. I bought at authorized service center and think it is a worth addition to protect the car. Not sure by coincidence or whatever, on the next day of this installation my neighbor's Tiago was scratched on rear exactly at the spot where the corner protector is installed. Attaching the image of this modification. Car color change is due to bright sunlight when this middle image was clicked. I hope something similar is available for 2020 Tiago as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh-tiago_2019_changed.jpg  

Last edited by rajivtelang : 19th April 2020 at 14:12.
rajivtelang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 23:26   #188
BHPian

Tiago outsells Maruti Swift in June 2020! It’s a good thing as people are driving themselves towards safety vs kmpl. Not sure if I’m late to the party but I’ll still post it here.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/tata-tiago-ou...-in-june-2020/

Quote:
In June 2020, Tata sold 4,069 units of the Tiago. This was only about a 26 per cent drop from more than 5,537 units sold in June 2019. However, the small car still managed to outsell the Maruti Swift, a costlier but much more popular model, by a thin margin. Last month, Maruti Suzuki sold 4,013 units of the Sift, which is a huge drop from 16,330 units sold in June 2019. From this, it’s clear that the popularity of the Swift has taken a bigger hit than that of a cheaper model like the Tiago.

Last edited by gururajrv : 14th July 2020 at 23:28.
gururajrv is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 06:43   #189
BHPian

This is happening only because Maruti is not able to make more cars available at dealers. It's not that suddenly Tiago has started selling more than Swift, it's more of a supply issue. Post Covid the numbers will go back to the previous month's performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Tiago outsells Maruti Swift in June 2020! Itís a good thing as people are driving themselves towards safety vs kmpl. Not sure if Iím late to the party but Iíll still post it here.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/tata-tiago-ou...-in-june-2020/
Dieselritzer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 22:29   #190
BHPian

Prices increased across all variants of Tiago. This small car is moving some numbers for Tata.

9,000 for XE and 13,000 for all others.
Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh-screenshot_20200811220522__01.jpg

Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh-screenshot_20200811220529__01.jpg

Meanwhile the slow moving Tigor prices decreased.

Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh-screenshot_20200811221542.jpg

Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh-screenshot_20200811221604.jpg

Whopping 36,000 for XE, 11,000 each for XM, XMA and 10,000 for XZ. No changes for XZ+ and XZA+

Too much cross shopping in the same showroom by Tigor customers to Altroz and Tiago. Lack of diesel for this Taxi favourite also a factor. Sure to end in a slow and silent death.
janakiram_m is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 17:12   #191
BHPian

Quite a rare occasion where Tata is most probably not increasing the price of its car(Tiago) just to absorb increase in raw material cost/taxation but because it can afford to.

Tigor - It's a good product but seems destined to fail :( .

OT -
In early 2018, my cousin was planning to buy a car and he was quite fixated on Tigor top end. He liked the sedan look, features, space etc.
However, when he sought my advice, I myself advised him not to go for Tigor and buy a Grand I10 instead. He was a first time car buyer and I dont wanted a bitter experience just in case.
He is very happy with Grand I10 now.
abhi_tjet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 17:41   #192
BHPian

The increase in price is across Tata range. This was being discussed in my Nexon owners group and it appears that Tata has scrapped the logistics/handling charges that dealers include in their quotation and the price hike is to compensate that. Yay for transparency, but adding it to the ex-showroom price means taxes on it. I think that explains the 14.5k hike in lieu of 5-7k handling charges.
Old 14th August 2020, 18:49   #193
BANNED

Is there any Tigor BS6 owner here on the forum. An ownership review of the tigor would be really appreciated since there's not a single ownership review of the facelifted version.
chiefpk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 14:12   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefpk View Post
Is there any Tigor BS6 owner here on the forum. An ownership review of the tigor would be really appreciated since there's not a single ownership review of the facelifted version.
Bumping up the request for the same. It would be really appreciated. I too am interested in how Tigor holds up over a long-ish period, especially the AMT.
RoadMonkey is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2020, 16:06   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
However, when he sought my advice, I myself advised him not to go for Tigor and buy a Grand I10 instead. He was a first time car buyer and I dont wanted a bitter experience just in case.
He is very happy with Grand I10 now.
To be completely honest you did the right thing. I would do the same, and would also give myself the same advice when it's time to buy my next car.
Turrrb0 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed