Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2019, 20:03   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2019 Tata Tiago facelift in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
The crash test norms come into effect from April 1, 2020. Just booked a XZ yesterday. The variants have been tweaked to compete at each price range and all models now have the mandatory ABS and Airbags.
From what I know, Apr 1 2020 is the BS6 deadline and Oct 1 2019 is the crash test compliance deadline (not August - my bad).

Manufacturers will be able to sell non-crash test compliant vehicles beyond October 1 but they wont be able to build it.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 23rd July 2019, 16:57   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
I am curious to know will the JTP twins get this similar face lift around the same time (July 2019) or will it have to wait for a longer time to get the face lift treatment.
It's easy to facelift the JTP twins. All it takes is Photoshop. After all Tata seems happy with just their digital precence. Jokes aside, Tata needs engine upgrades for the tigor to sell. I don't see them freeing much space inside. I always thought that the Tiago, tigor and nexon and Hexa were stop gap plans until the new platform derivatives replace them. If true we may not see much investment in the Tigor and Hexa due to tapered sales.
Old 24th July 2019, 10:02   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittybang View Post
I always thought that the Tiago, tigor and nexon and Hexa were stop gap plans until the new platform derivatives replace them.
Tiago-Tigor are already based on a new platform. How would that be a stop-gap arrangement? Hexa can be said to be a stop gap since it is heavily based on the ARIA. But then we have to agree that for just a stop gap, they have really gone overboard with the quality, capability & value the Hexa has. Nexon is a tricky one. Agreed its based on the X1, but the X1 platform is fairly modern & capable too (And 4 and 5 Star safety rated!). The Nexon is a huge development over the X1's previous models and its really hard to call it just a stop-gap. They didn't have any platform upcoming that could make a car looking like the Nexon concept. The Tiago/Tigor platforms are smaller, Alpha Arc also seems smaller and more "low profile", Omega Arc is too large. As evident, they have also agreed that the gap between Nexon and Harrier cannot be filled by the Alpha Arc as the platform is too small.

Last edited by Reinhard : 24th July 2019 at 10:09.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 11:07   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Tiago-Tigor are already based on a new platform. How would that be a stop-gap arrangement? Hexa can be said to be a stop gap since it is heavily based on the ARIA.
The Tiago/Tigor platforms are smaller, Alpha Arc also seems smaller and more "low profile", Omega Arc is too large.
Tigor and Tiago are based on the modifed XO Platform of the Indica, and as per Tata Motors, all their products will be limited to just 2 platforms in the near future, Alpha (for the vehicles smaller than 4.3m), and Omega (for the vehicles measuring over 4.3m). So, Tiago, Tigor and Nexon will be on the Alpha platform in their next generation, and Altroz and H2X will launch directly on the Alpha platform.

Hexa in it's next generation will move to the Omega platform of Harrier, Buzzard and possible next generations of Sumo and Xenon.

P.S. - Got a hat tip from my local Tata Motors showroom that Sumo with ABS and Airbag(s) will be launched in August or September to take on Bolero Power+ till the crash test norms set in from some time next year! The Xenon is already sold with Dual Front Airbags abroad and with ABS in India, so they may launch it with Airbags as well to continue selling it and not loose the market.
AdityaDeane is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 13:50   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Tigor and Tiago are based on the modifed XO Platform of the Indica, and as per Tata
My comment was based on the same info. If Tata moves towards the new 2 platforms going forward there is nothing stopping them from leaving behind the Tiago and Tigor design cues that still link back to the indica platform. I must add that I still like the styling a lot but clearly Tata has moved on as a family with the newer models.

Last edited by chittybang : 24th July 2019 at 13:51. Reason: Spelling
chittybang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 08:33   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

2020 Tata Tiago digital instrument console

Quote:
The leaked photo of 2020 Tata Tiago’s digital instrument cluster features a large digital screen with LED bar display for engine rpm and fuel level on either side. There is also real time fuel efficiency bar, odometer, large speedometer in digital, warning light indicators for seat belt, ABS, oil, etc. It also displays the driving mode.
Tata Tiago & Tigor facelift launched at Rs 4.6 lakh & 5.75 lakh-2020tatatiagoinstrumentconsolespiedspyshots.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 09:56   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2020 Tata Tiago digital instrument console

Link
Oh dear God no! Please let this end on the prototype and never let it see the assembly line... But given the finish and installation within the cowl, it seems this is making its way to the production version!
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 10:14   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Oh dear God no! Please let this end on the prototype and never let it see the assembly line... But given the finish and installation within the cowl, it seems this is making its way to the production version!
What's wrong with it? I actually like the way it looks. Seems similar to what Renault has done in the Triber.
nikhilthegunner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 10:37   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilthegunner View Post
Seems similar to what Renault has done in the Triber.
Exactly

No offense. I think its the generation gap. For most of us born on the other side of the 90s, the 2 pot analogue gauges is a pleasant sight. We are already saddened by the new often seen half analogue-half LCD consoles (Altroz, Harrier and the lot).

Last edited by khan_sultan : 2nd August 2019 at 13:51. Reason: typo
Reinhard is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 11:24   #55
BHPian

That's such a shoddy design. Those white bars at the edges are HUGE!
Also there is no tachometer needle. Seems to me that the bars light up with the increase in revs. Highly distracting is what I feel.

The digits are too rudimentary as well.
Not sure why Tata thought to design this completely new unit when they have a decent looking one already available on the Harrier. They could have shoehorned that one into the Tiago.
veedub89 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 12:00   #56
Senior - BHPian

I do like the new console, but would go ahead and say that no one did it better than Chevrolet's Beat or the TurboKat in SWAT Kats

I see the Tacho on left, the fuel level and engine temp on the right side, then what is the bar (like Windows XP boot up) just below the speedometer digits ? Charge levels of a mild hybrid battery ?
NiInJa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 12:09   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
I see the Tacho on left, the fuel level and engine temp on the right side, then what is the bar (like Windows XP boot up) just below the speedometer digits ? Charge levels of a mild hybrid battery ?
Considering that it has a marker on the middle - it might be the good old temperature gauge making a come back. Anything else, would generally have an indicator of what it is. (Even the temp gauge should have the thermometer sign really).
Old 2nd August 2019, 12:10   #58
Senior - BHPian

New console design defintely would save a lot of cash for Tata. These are quite cheaper than the analouge ones. As far as graphics goes, they are decent from what I see, will appeal to the youth and mass market audience. Something different and new in that segment that Maruti hasnt offered yet.

Will help Tata get more buyers for sure.
fx45 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 12:28   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
I do like the new console, but would go ahead and say that no one did it better than Chevrolet's Beat or the TurboKat in SWAT Kats

Aah! one of those days when you feel proud of your old horse. I'm an owner of Beat, and would agree that the iteration in Beat is the best seen in India so far. A console with analogue speedo, digital tacho and MID combined to it's right - which all together moves with the steering adjustment as a unit. The sunlight legibility is excellent and blue backlight still looks fab.

Chevy Beat was well ahead of it's time when it was launched. It can still hold it's own (in fact even better suited to) in these times of sharp cuts, swooping lines and quirky designs.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 13:14   #60

Quote:
Considering that it has a marker on the middle - it might be the good old temperature gauge making a come back
It could also be for the instantaneous FE.
Also, the tachometer is marked till 4000rpm. How is this possible?
zestyi10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed