Team-BHP - Merc factory at Pune
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Merc factory at Pune (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2183-merc-factory-pune.html)

Guys,
I've been trying to search the thread where we were discussing well maintained factory in India. I tried my best but failed to find that.
Here are some picture of Mercedes Pune factory. This factory has been awarded the best factory outside Germany for last three years if I'm not mistaken.

Hey Rudra.. i guess the thread u were searching for was the one in which i had written abt my visit to the Mahindra plant in Nasik!!!!
Gr8 pics there!!!!

Haha, must be some inside job Rudra for you to get us these photos. Awesome. That place is cleaner than a hospital. A Auto Hangar chap was telling me that visitors have to take off every metal piece off them before entering the factory (watches, chains, keys etc.) to avoid scratching the cars.

Thanks for sharing

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Sep. 14 2004,22:15)]Haha, must be some inside job Rudra for you to get us these photos.

These were shot few years ago for their corporate booklet.
The place is actually very clean. No need for Photoshoping

Excellent pictures Rudra. I too have some factory pics in one of the W124 brochures . I'll try n find them

Dippy

wow...thats so clean and so Mercedes.
Cant believe its in India.Cool.

Absolutely amazing pics Rudra.

i have seen the Hero Honda factory at Gurgaon, it is spotlessly clean too.

i mean at times i cant believe my eyes that this factory could be in India.

cheers

amazing pics man.!!!

wow!! now you know where the brilliance happens. My cousin got to see the plant few years back when CII organised a tour, will see if i can scrounge up some pictures too........

Can i visit the factory impromptu or does it have to be arranged?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edmund
Can i visit the factory impromptu or does it have to be arranged?

yea id love to visit the factory too

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
A Auto Hangar chap was telling me that visitors have to take off every metal piece off them before entering the factory (watches, chains, keys etc.) to avoid scratching the cars.
GTO

The same is true for the Ford factory in Chennai. They make you cover all the metal articles you have with some protective material. I saw it in 'Boss's day out' at NDTV Profit featuring the MD of ford india.

been to the mercedes , tata and hyundai factory in india . And the bmw mini factory in europe .

most impresive of the lot was the Hyundai factory. they actually had three different models being assembled on the same production line .it was the only factory which had a large amount of automation . more impressive than the merc factory ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Monkey
been to the mercedes , tata and hyundai factory in india . And the bmw mini factory in europe .

most impresive of the lot was the Hyundai factory. they actually had three different models being assembled on the same production line .it was the only factory which had a large amount of automation . more impressive than the merc factory ...

how, how, how ........... how do we get in?

Thanks for sharing these pics.