Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2020, 21:19   #166
BHPian

Re: The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV

The wheel size on both the sister compact SUVs are extremely small.
Desperately need larger ones. Has a KWID like stance.
Old 5th September 2020, 22:56   #167
Senior - BHPian

Isn't it powered by the same anemic motor as the one in the Triber? No wonder the wheels are skinny
Old 5th September 2020, 23:40   #168
BHPian

Yes, but higher variants are expected to have their new 1.0 3 cylinder 95hp turbo petrol with a manual and/or a CVT. I hope those variants atleast get larger wheel option.
Old 13th September 2020, 19:35   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan Magnite revealed through Patent pics:

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-img20200913135933946.jpg

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-img20200913135929184.jpg

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-img20200913135929905.jpg

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-img20200913135935807.jpg

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-img20200913135931029.jpg

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-img20200913135932996.jpg

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-img20200913135936804.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th September 2020 at 19:38.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 21:09   #170
BHPian

Another inferior product for the Indian customers. Wonder, for how long will they treat us like a stepchild, when they have models like maxima, altima, xtrail, pathfinder etc in foreign markets with a much lesser price. This garbage treatment should end immediately.
highwaypatrol is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 08:53   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
Another inferior product for the Indian customers. Wonder, for how long will they treat us like a stepchild, when they have models like maxima, altima, xtrail, pathfinder etc in foreign markets with a much lesser price. This garbage treatment should end immediately.
All these models you mentioned starts well above 25k$+ which translates around 2MINR+ in India. Do you really think that Nissan India can sell these vehicles with ease when they can't sell the Kicks which offers so many USPs in the segment.

Like their sibling Renault did, they had to come release vehicles at trending segments (which is CSUV now) at an attractive price to see their future in the market.

I would also like to see their great products in the foreign market (Navara ) to India, but when it comes to the business point of view, Nissan India had to be careful when investing on new products
starke is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 12:23   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
Business doesn't run on sentiments buddy! Nissan India needs to revive their market share and launching the likes of the Pathfinder and X-Trail won't help them with the same!

Also, as Starke said above, the Compact SUV segment is trending and this is the best they can try.

Also, the Magnite doesn't seem inferior at all!
According to the information available till now, the Magnite seems to be quite a promising product.
Also, the Magnite will definitely not sell as well as some of its rivals. But, if Nissan India manages to price it competitively, we might see the Magnite doing some decent sales numbers atleast! And if that happens, probably Nissan might as well launch one of the products you mentioned in your statement some time in future!

Though, one of the major reasons of failure of the Kicks is that it looks more like a jacked up hatchback than a 'SUV'. I hope Nissan India doesn't mess up this time with the looks!
theAutomaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 13:22   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post

Though, one of the major reasons of failure of the Kicks is that it looks more like a jacked up hatchback than a 'SUV'. I hope Nissan India doesn't mess up this time with the looks!
Personal opinion but I feel Kicks has more of an SUV stance than Magnite. While I like the front and rear of the Magnite, I'm afraid it looks like a raised premium hatch in profile. Anyway I'll reserve my judgement till the actual reveal from Nissan.
Old 14th September 2020, 13:46   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starke View Post
they can't sell the Kicks which offers so many USPs in the segment.
Kicks may look like a good product, but in fact it's still based on an old platform and doesn't come with curtain airbags even in the top variant. When we were in the market for an SUV last year, Kicks was a product we loved for its interiors, drive-ability, features and space, not to mention the mouth watering discounts it came with.

But when we considered the safety aspect, we realized we didn't want to spend that much amount on what's essentially as safe as a 4* rated duster. Someone from their state marketing team talked to me for almost half an hour about its safety, but had no answers when I talked about GNCAP tests. If it was at least safe, I could've bought it or recommended it to others. That makes it an inferior product in my eyes.
Old 14th September 2020, 15:55   #175
BHPian

Put the 1.3 Tubo in this and I might be interested. Cute dimensions stonker of an engine will make this a blitz to drive
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 16:24   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post
Personal opinion, but i found Kicks to be more SUV stance than any other rivals in the price segment. For sure, I never liked it from photos and it is altogether a different look in real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuhairZain View Post
Kicks may look like a good product, but in fact it's still based on an old platform and doesn't come with curtain airbags even in the top variant. When we were in the market for an SUV last year, Kicks was a product we loved for its interiors, drive-ability, features and space, not to mention the mouth watering discounts it came with.
I completely agree on the curtain airbag as they could've added more safety features from their abroad spec Kicks too. But in terms of the platform how come it is inferior to others? Namely B0 platform which is as same as of Duster's is still the top in the segment in terms of ride and handling. No Creta/Seltos/XUV can't beat the riding comfort and handling these cars offer.
So as long as the old platform stays good, i find no reason to have a newbie platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
Put the 1.3 Tubo in this and I might be interested. Cute dimensions stonker of an engine will make this a blitz to drive
I don't think they will do that, what I've heard is that they will put the 1.0 litre turbo engine into this, making around ~100 BHP. 1.3T Engine will tear this car into pieces
starke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 16:46   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starke View Post

I don't think they will do that, what I've heard is that they will put the 1.0 litre turbo engine into this, making around ~100 BHP. 1.3T Engine will tear this car into pieces
That's the way to go
Old 23rd September 2020, 20:58   #178
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Nissan Magnite to be launched by end-2020

Nissan is gearing up to launch a new sub-4 meter crossover called the Magnite in India. We have learned that it could be launched by the end of this year, around November-December.

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-download-7.jpg

The Magnite is based on the CMF-A+ platform, which also underpins the Renault Triber. Nissan has already revealed the concept version of the Magnite. We have also seen patent images of the car.

The SUV features a large octagonal grille that looks similar to what you get on a Datsun. The grille is flanked by slim LED headlamp clusters and L-shaped LED daytime running lights. The car has flared wheel arches with plastic cladding and tail lamp clusters that appear to have been inspired by those on the Renault Triber.

Nissan hasn't revealed any technical details of the Magnite yet, however the car's higher variants could be powered by a 1.0-litre, turbocharged petrol engine, while lower variants might get a naturally aspirated 1.0-litre unit.

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 22:08   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Rumour: Nissan Magnite to be launched by end-2020

Nissan is gearing up to launch a new sub-4 meter crossover called the Magnite in India. We have learned that it could be launched by the end of this year, around November-December.

Attachment 2058538

The Magnite is based on the CMF-A+ platform, which also underpins the Renault Triber. Nissan has already revealed the concept version of the Magnite. We have also seen patent images of the car.

The SUV features a large octagonal grille that looks similar to what you get on a Datsun. The grille is flanked by slim LED headlamp clusters and L-shaped LED daytime running lights. The car has flared wheel arches with plastic cladding ....

Link to Team-BHP News
Thats one sexy looking vehicle.( Please Nissan dont screw this up by watering it down from this “concept”)

Never had an issue with vehicles that Nissan bring( maybe pricing it higher to it sister brand is biting them)

Only hope that they work on after sales and servicing. They need to win back the trust of customers, without people entering the showrooms it hard to sell any cars.

Good luck Nissan.

Last edited by SideView : 23rd September 2020 at 22:10.
SideView is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 22:38   #180
BHPian

I am sick of these "rumours" and "leaks", just enough Nissan and make your play. Release the car and let it do the talking
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed