Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2020, 12:35   #76
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV

Here's the live stream link for those following the car. Starts @ 1 PM.

GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 13:23   #77
BHPian

Some screenshots of the magnite
Attached Thumbnails
The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-screenshot_20200716132046.jpg  

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-screenshot_20200716132043.jpg  

Avinash_R is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 13:27   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks quite good - almost Audi-esque. But I wish that instead of showing these digital renders they had shown the car in reality. A car may look very different in reality compared to Digital renderings.
This car looks quite similar to the Hyundai Venue but has a much better looking front though.

Quite a disappointing reveal - not much details of the car were revealed - only that it will have a Turbo engine, and also with CVT.
It will also have a 360 degree camera and Cruise control. That's pretty much all that was shared on the specs.

Looks like Renault will be far ahead of them in reality and will actually launch their version pretty soon in August.

Last edited by Behemoth : 16th July 2020 at 13:31.
Behemoth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 13:39   #79
BHPian

Things that were shared in this premiere.

Quote:
Segment First features in the upcoming Nissan Magnite, Cruise Control, 360 Degree Camera, 8 inch Floating Screen and Connectivity Options.
Quote:
Completely Made in India and could be exported to EMEA Region from India
Quote:
12 new models within next 18 months for EMEA region
Quote:
No Details shared about the actual launch date

Last edited by Highh5 : 16th July 2020 at 13:43.
Highh5 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 13:40   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Quite a disappointing reveal - not much details of the car were revealed - only that it will have a Turbo engine, and also with CVT.
I completely agree with you, I mean what was there for the India consumer in this? Yes you are going to launch 8-12 products in 18 months but why tell that in this, this could have been on any news platform as well. Logo change for now doesn’t matter unless you have the product on the shelf for sale. They hardly har 1.6k users on this Live cast and most of the comments were for magnite and improving their dealerships.

I would say it’s an opportunity lost for them, they should have at least shown the car in flesh. Interiors could have been revealed later. IT IS WHAT IT IS, well they lost one viewer in me for next live cast. Will prefer watching videos later
firstdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 13:43   #81
BHPian

So it's a World premiere of an animation video. Besides, it seems to be just a Datsun with Nissan badging. Can't understand how they are still in business in India.
2cents is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 13:45   #82
BHPian

In the world of digital platforms and streaming of events, we may have unveiling of the name > production drawings > concept > actual model > price announcement

Jokes apart, only reason to create some buzz could be to showcase concept pictures before Alliance partner Renault release their product (which if grapevine is to be believed, was to be launched after the Magnite but now happening before)

Attaching some profile shots from their presentation.
Attached Thumbnails
The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-slide1.jpg  

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-slide2.jpg  

Diesel_Drives is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 13:45   #83
BHPian

Sharing the screenshots from the premiere.
Over all looks great except the Datsun grill, V-Motion grill would have been better.

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-screenshot-20200716-1.39.20-pm.png

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-screenshot-20200716-1.40.02-pm.png

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-screenshot-20200716-1.40.06-pm.png
Highh5 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 14:38   #84
BHPian

Sharing some screenshots of the Magnite. The front looks really awesome. I hope the real world vehicle is more or less the same!

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-72c77b49803148aea4f0bc7e2cbf2dad.jpeg

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-49824c7c6925416da4865e852efe09fb.jpeg
sahil624 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 16:04   #85
BHPian

I quite like the exterior design theme..looks pretty proportionate considering it is another sub 4 m compact/small suv. If Nissan can pull off this concept into a real machine with a competent engine, it can be a really nice 1st or even a 2nd car for someone if they price it as rumoured.

But yes, even I would have liked to see that traditional V grill of Nissan instead of this one. Overall, in such a stituation where our mobility is severely restricted, I am pretty excited with the kind of new launches lined up in the coming months. Take care & stay safe out there Bhpians
Old 16th July 2020, 17:16   #86
Senior - BHPian

Why do I get a strong feel within me that this was supposed to be a new model for Datsun before a late call to slap the Nissan badge? May be, that's what it is! With all the recent happenings at Nissan HQ and Datsun's hopes going down the drain in all emerging markets where it was resurrected, the thought process changed to bring this out as a Nissan.

That said, the Magnite Concept looks quite striking. Considering a slew of capable rivals this would be competing with (EcoSport, Vitara Brezza, Nexon, Venue, XUV3OO & the upcoming Sonet), it better be! I especially like the rear end which doesn't look like a raised hatchback.

Nissan lost an opportunity by not showcasing an actual car (like Kia did at the Auto Expo) and withholding most of the specs that matter. As it stands, Renault might steal the thunder with an early launch of the Kiger and Nissan might be left to rue yet another lost opportunity. I hope that isn't the case. Nissan makes some fantastic cars elsewhere and it's quite hard to see it struggle so hard for survival in India (although that can be said for quite a few other brands as well).

Last edited by arvi86 : 16th July 2020 at 17:17.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 18:33   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Why do I get a strong feel within me that this was supposed to be a new model for Datsun before a late call to slap the Nissan badge? May be, that's what it is!
Yes, you got it right. This car was schedule to go under Datsun Brand. Since Datsun brand is already taken down from emerging markets, this car is moved under Nissan Stable, and I think it is the right thing to do.

Quote:
Nissan makes some fantastic cars elsewhere and it's quite hard to see it struggle so hard for survival in India (although that can be said for quite a few other brands as well).
Even I felt the same, Big fan of Nissan Qashqai and would love to see it on Indian market. One of the things which I liked being reiterated in the Premiere by the hosts is that "They acknowledge that India is a 3 million Vehicles market and they are not good enough".
At least they accept that, where as many manufacturers would love to stay in the state of denial. (like FCA, in every interview their leadership talk all about premium FIAT Perdigree but not about Incoming cars or their shortcomings).
Old 16th July 2020, 18:44   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

More of the Magnite:

Nissan’s small SUV is called the Magnite, a combination of the words “magnetic” and “ignite”.

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-20200716_magnite3.jpg

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-20200716_magnite1.jpg

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-nissanmagniteconcept8.jpg

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-20200716_magnite2.jpg

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-20200716_magnite5.jpg
Quote:
The new Magnite announced this time is scheduled to be released mainly in the Indian market in January 2021, and there are two major powertrain lineups.

Specifically, it is equipped with the same displacement 1.0L BR10 in-line 3-cylinder engine (maximum output 72hp/maximum torque 96Nm) as Renault Triber, and the transmission has a 5-speed MT/AMT gearbox.

The other is equipped with a displacement 1.0L HR10 type in-line 3-cylinder turbo engine (maximum output 95hp), and the transmission is set to 5-speed MT/CVT.
Quote:
Regarding safety equipment, cruise control and around view cameras are standard equipment, and an 8-inch display and connected service are used for the interior.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th July 2020 at 19:10.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 19:41   #89
Senior - BHPian

Wow! A stunning beauty. Nissan got the styling and proportions spot on. Door panels seem to have same contours as upcoming Sonet's. Tail-lights resemble new Breazza's/old Creta's a bit, except for small extension at top.

Good to hear CVT and not AMT or DCT. And, cruise control is the icing on the cake. By engine power of 95 bhp, I think they're planning to place this just a wee bit shy of Venue/Brezza/Nexon/Ecosport/XUV300 which is a good thing because that way they'll get to undercut these biggies on price front without losing face. 2021 is far far away into future. They need to get their act together and launch this by festive season.
Old 16th July 2020, 21:05   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Tail-lights resemble new Breazza's/old Creta's a bit, except for small extension at top... Good to hear CVT and not AMT or DCT.
To me it seems like a modified and futuristic (read LED-fied) version of the Triber's tail lamps.

CVT kind of has been a standard fare in Nissan cars in India, their Micra, Sunny and even Terrano (if I remember correctly) came with CVTs. On the other hand, even the Go and Go Plus from Datsun come with CVT, only exception being the Redi-GO with an AMT.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th July 2020 at 23:15. Reason: As requested
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed