Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2020, 12:59   #46
BANNED

re: Brand new Tata Hexa won't start! Lying at dealer since 9 days EDIT : Resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
This is shocking! Sometime back I came across a Youtube video of a frustrated customer of Zoomcar due to the stranded Hexa in the middle of the journey. I thought that it could be 'one of a case' or it could be because of the way the car was abused. But now it looks like Tata cars still continue to have niggles.
Serously? You are considering a youtube video to bash Tata? First, it is a rental vehicle by Zoomcar whose service and maintenance is in the hands of Zoomcar and also the service history is not known. Next, it being a rental car, multiple people rent it and few of them abuse these cars without any guilt. Third, will the youtuber will ever tell you how he abused the car? If the car is stranded, then Zoomcar is it fault because its upkeep is in the hands of Zoomcar , how can you blame Tata for that. Assume Hexa is a bad car, if Zoomcar chooses Hexa to be in its fleet, then again it is Zoomcar's fault because they made a bad choice.

Whereas, Trooper's case is different, we know his purchase experience, and post purchase experience.
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 13:09   #47
Senior - BHPian

re: Brand new Tata Hexa won't start! Lying at dealer since 9 days EDIT : Resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Serously? You are considering a Youtube video to bash Tata? First, it is a rental vehicle by Zoomcar whose service and maintenance is in the hands of Zoomcar and also the service history is not known. Next, it being a rental car, multiple people rent it and few of them abuse these cars without any guilt. Third, will the Youtuber will ever tell you how he abused the car? If the car is stranded, then Zoomcar is it fault because its upkeep is in the hands of Zoomcar , how can you blame Tata for that. Assume Hexa is a bad car, if Zoomcar chooses Hexa to be in its fleet, then again it is Zoomcar's fault because they made a bad choice.

Whereas, Trooper's case is different, we know his purchase experience, and post purchase experience.
That's the reason when I saw the video few month's back, I did not bring it up on the forum even I left wondering how often you see even Zoomcars stranded in the middle of the road. I am not bashing Tata but I am amused at the ratio of cars being sold to the issues reported (specifically in Hexa's case).
Guna is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 13:21   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
That's the reason when I saw the video few month's back, I did not bring it up on the forum even I left wondering how often you see even Zoomcars stranded in the middle of the road. I am not bashing Tata but I am amused at the ratio of cars being sold to the issues reported (specifically in Hexa's case).
I still feel that it is irrelevant here, you can disagree with that. Peace.
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 13:39   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is how the warranty claim worked with my Tiago. The steering rack was to be replaced. The SA said that the no high value parts are kept in the service center inventory since they are expensive , slow moving and hoard inventory.

Big cities like Bangalore have a Tata motors warehouse which stocks such high value parts like rack, column , motors etc along with other parts as well.

During a warranty claim, all claims on high value parts must be placed by the warranty person in the service center to the tata motors by filling a template. These need approval from the Tata before the part can be fit. Low value items can be replaced first and the claim can be raised later. Now in case the claim is approved and part is not available in the dealership then it will be checked with the local warehouse. If not available there then the part has to be ordered from Pune. In my case, since the rack costs 15K rupees, it needed pre approval from Tata . Once the claim was approved, the part was not available in Bangalore ware house so it was ordered from Pune. It took a week to reach the dealership. Overall turnaround time from the time of complaint to replacement of part was 2 weeks.
sagarpadaki is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 14:03   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Overall turnaround time from the time of complaint to replacement of part was 2 weeks.

I think the main thing that riled up Trooper was the fact that the car is brand new. When a new car is purchased we expect it to function properly without a hitch (considering it is coming from the dealers warehouse and a PDI was done). Imagine the customers embarrassment when his brand new high value purchase malfunctions in front of friends and family. Even if the said friends and family don't laugh at the purchase, in the back of your head it is an embarrassment. Now imagine a cool headed customer (considering the way Trooper behaved, I say he was cool headed enough) goes to the service center and the company throws the warranty guidelines at you and starts pushing the blame around for the delay for repairs. If it was me, I would have screamed my lungs out.

Mind you, I have experienced a similar experience first hand. My brand new Nexon threw up a EPAS failure on the second day of purchase. When I called the dealer he asked me to arrange a flatbed to pick up my car at my expense. In my case though, TATA was the one that handled the case well. I still feel TATA tends to work like a government organisation, extremely slow. Thankfully the car is wonderful so helped me forget the initial impressions at the service center.

Last edited by sriks : 30th January 2020 at 14:05.
sriks is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 14:15   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriks View Post
I think the main thing that riled up Trooper was the fact that the car is brand new. When a new car is purchased we expect it to function properly without a hitch (considering it is coming from the dealers warehouse and a PDI was done). Imagine the customers embarrassment when his brand new high value purchase malfunctions in front of friends and family. Even if the said friends and family don't laugh at the purchase, in the back of your head it is an embarrassment. Now imagine a cool headed customer (considering the way Trooper behaved, I say he was cool headed enough) goes to the service center and the company throws the warranty guidelines at you and starts pushing the blame around for the delay for repairs. If it was me, I would have screamed my lungs out.

Mind you, I have experienced a similar experience first hand. My brand new Nexon threw up a EPAS failure on the second day of purchase. When I called the dealer he asked me to arrange a flatbed to pick up my car at my expense. In my case though, TATA was the one that handled the case well. I still feel TATA tends to work like a government organisation, extremely slow. Thankfully the car is wonderful so helped me forget the initial impressions at the service center.

I understood the cause of his frustration. Even i would be frustrated if i was in his shoes right now.

I posted my experience to share with others how the warranty claim process works. For a service center it does not matter if the vehicle is 1 week old or 1 year old. For them it is a warranty claim. They are not emotionally attached to the vehicle and they go about the process that the parent company has laid down. How proactively the TASS respond and go about the process varies among service centers. However, i think they could have escalated to TATA directly telling them the situation on how the customer is stuck 1000 kms from his home and needs the car back on road ASAP.
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 14:27   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriks View Post
If it was me, I would have screamed my lungs out.
Have dreamt of doing worse. But that just won't matter. TASS was going by the book. They also informed the CSM and Tata that the car is new. But company officials didn't seem to be bothered by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
However, i think they could have escalated to TATA directly telling them the situation on how the customer is stuck 1000 kms from his home and needs the car back on road ASAP.
The secondary reason of this thread is to bring the incompetence of company officials to the notice of higher ups. Let the car come in my possession. If I go on an email barrage before that, these same CSMs will just shift the blame onto TASS Manglore, which would be unfair.
TROOPER is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 16:06   #53
Senior - BHPian

This thread has opened my eyes to the misery if things start going wrong. A new car fail is an uninvited guest, and I wont hold on to the purchase come what may. I really wish Tata motors rights a wrong done over here. Few manufacturers like MG do hand out a new car in return for their lemon I heard. Good luck Trooper
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 16:10   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Few manufacturers like MG do hand out a new car in return for their lemon I heard. Good luck Trooper
Only if it burns to the ground and you are luckily not a part of it
Red Liner is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 16:27   #55
BHPian

It is very sad and concerning to hear that this happened to you.

Posting such experiences in this community will definitely help others to make a right decision when facing similar situation. Tata as a OEM has faced more lows than UPs so I would say this is again a LOW from TATA motors.
This community is respected among the OEM's and Petrolhead alike. I know few people from a Maruti dealership who told me that they lookout for threads in TBHP for their new cars.

Customer Experience is way costlier than any part. There is nothing wrong in accepting one's fault and doing the right thing quickly. This sort of response give a very wrong statement about a OEM.

PS:I have a niggle free and good TSA experience so far but I understand not every day is Sunday.
ShivrajG is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 20:15   #56
BHPian

So finally. After 10 long days. We picked up our Hexa from Automatrix Mangalore. Will refer to them as AXM henceforth.

The spare had to be picked up from Blue Dart's office by AXM today early in the day. Tata couldn't even get it delivered to AXM at the earliest.

I was of the opinion that this entire issue is the fault of Tata's CSM and spare supply chain. And it came to be true.

The claim was applied for by GM of AXM on the 22nd of January. Post that AXM was helpless. I have telephone recording of the CSM Karnataka telling us that the delay is due to 'internal issues' from the dealer. This is not the case. AXM is the only dealer in Mangalore and there are many satisfied Hexa owners here. The GM too denied the same. Why would AXM make an issue out of an 8 hour job, extend it for 10 days? Especially when they had made the diagnosis on day 1 and applied for warranty on day 2? All that was required were the spare parts.

The GM of AXM, is quite the gentleman. He himself took our Hexa for a 10+ KM trial run. Later, he also joined us for our test drive. Spent more than half an hour with us, chatting and personally showed us the damaged teeth of both the starter motor and flywheel. He was a bit reluctant to openly blame the CSM Karnataka. That is probably because he has to continue working with him. He also got the side steps installed, which we had got from outside, for a nominal price. The GM of Inderjit Cars, Mumbai had outright rejected our similar request.

Will be sending a mail to Tata informing them of the same and ask them to not blame dealers for their customer support's and supply chains incompetencies.

Will go for a long drive tomorrow, and update the car's condition here.

Request Mods to make appropriate changes to the thread title. It paints a wrong image of AXM. Please refer to Tata's customer support and spare supply mechanism in the thread title. Also request to keep this thread alive for updates, if any and any reports members would want to make of Tata's customer care, not dealers.

PS: Special mention - RSA chaps diagnosis was on point. They had immediately said the starter motor has gone rogue and has damaged the flywheel.

Last edited by TROOPER : 30th January 2020 at 20:23.
TROOPER is offline   (64) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 20:34   #57
BHPian

Dear Trooper, Let me start by offering my deepest sympathies for this unfortunate ordeal. I have followed this thread with great interest and I'm sure all the members join me in saying that you've been a wonderful, logical, patient, loyal customer to TATA MOTORS. I must also take a moment to appreciate your kind words for the Dealership as well the SA/RSA. While few may have differing opinions in this matter, I am sure all of us were praying that this issue is resolved at the earliest and to your satisfaction.

I, too, am a TATA Car owner and have faced similar apathy from previous car manufacturers in the past. I wish I had your patience levels. At one point, I had to storm into the workshop at WHITEFIELD HONDA because nobody would give me an answer regarding my Honda City. The indifference of the Mumbai service center reminds me of a Ford service centre near Koshy's in Bangalore. They treated me like they were doing me a favour by servicing the car. They would make me sit for hours just to bill the service lol. Amazing attitude being meted out to us, especially considering we as a country believe in Attithi Devo Bhava.

I'm glad that your drive has been returned to her rightful owner and I hope you enjoy the rest of your ownership trouble free. I would request you to send a feedback email to the senior leadership of TATA MOTORS. And please mention the unfortunate interaction with the Mumbai dealership. All the best my friend!
vk007 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 00:15   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vk007 View Post
Dear Trooper, Let me start by offering my deepest sympathies for this unfortunate ordeal. ......All the best my friend!
Thank you very much for the kind words.

I see many members commending our patience levels. But truth be told, we could hold our own because the GM and SA of Automatrix were cooperative. We also had a very positive experience on the 18th of Jan which I have shared before on this thread.

May sound patronizing but even the guard was a warm chap. Opened up the gate of the service center when we arrived in a rickshaw, massive side step package in tow, no questions asked. Do note many service centers don't entertain 3rd party accessories. Let alone installing them.

The attitude of SAs we interacted with and the GM of Automatrix during this period, made us feel confident and to keep patience at a time when Tata were fumbling with their customer service and made no effort at following up.

As they say, it's the little things that matter.

Hope Automatrix have done a neat job and the car stays hiccup free henceforth!

Last edited by TROOPER : 31st January 2020 at 00:36.
TROOPER is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 00:41   #59
BHPian

I agree with you 100%. Its the little things that matter. And they always should. Do share some photos of you new car with the side step installed. I was thinking of getting one for my Harrier. Do you mind telling me which brand did you purchase?
vk007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 02:12   #60
Senior - BHPian

Trooper - since the bad times have passed already, I only wish all good things your Hexa gets you through its wonderful driving experience you mentioned before.

Through your posts I understand the dealership AXM were brilliant in getting things sorted & have kept you convinced through their gesture (ex: GM himself accompanying you for a TD)

It’s these small things that keeps us happy, despite the fact the trauma one could’ve gone through of owning a new car but not able to drive it within the first few days of the purchase.

Hope things are restored to its pristine condition as it has to be and wish you all good luck in driving the truck around like it’s meant to

Happy & Safe driving my friend. Keep your thread active with constant updates & photos of your big boy toy!
gururajrv is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks