Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2020, 07:32   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Not Gold Standard, Tata Motor's Plastic Standard Customer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Have they shared any courier tracking number with you which you can verify online? If not, on what basis are they giving the ETA of tomorrow morning? And why does the part need to come from Pune? Isn't there a single dealer in South India, say within 400 kms of Mangalore, who has a starter motor and flywheel in stock that they can dispatch to Mangalore?

Cheers,
Vikram
You are right, dealers can request parts from others in the same city or state as per their inventory. This was done in my case with Nano GenX for a radiator fan. The vehicle was with them for 4 days in total, day 3 and I had a raised a complaint in their app, within 24 hours the part arrived from a nearby dealer and car was handed over back to me. The warranty replacement is decided by the technicians as far as I remember, whatever paper work is then done later, the faulty parts are also sent back to the manufacturer.
Old 31st January 2020, 08:15   #62
BHPian

re: Brand new Tata Hexa won't start! Lying at dealer since 9 days EDIT : Resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
This is shocking!..... But now it looks like Tata cars still continue to have niggles.
A friend is having a Hexa AT for over 2 yrs now and has clocked over 30kms and is extremely happy. There hasn't been any niggles or issues. In this specific case, it looks like failure of a part which can happen to any brand. Tata could have resolved it quicker, by arranging a replacement part, for no one likes a new vehicle to be at the service for a longer duration.
Chillout is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 08:37   #63
BHPian

re: Brand new Tata Hexa won't start! Lying at dealer since 9 days EDIT : Resolved.

Just an FYI on how warranty extended warranty worked for me with Hyundai. And I would expect no less from any other manufacturer.

Bought my Hyundai Verna CRDi SX Diesel in 2014 August with 4 years warranty (including extended). Warranty was set to expire in August 2018.

Had noticed some issues with coolant and informed SA during regular service in June 2018. Either he forgot to check it or couldnt find the actual problem and I had forgotten about it, when picking up the car.

Come October 2018 (vehicle is out of warranty) and noticed some coolant leakage in parking lot from my vehicle. Took it to Advaith Hyundai. The regular SA found out the problem this time and said it was because of issue with heater coil assembly. Initially he said I will have to pay for it. I clearly told him I had specifically mentioned it few months back and he had missed checking it. And so, now I had to pay for something, warranty would have covered 2 months back.

Talked to the manager in the service centre and in 2 minutes, they agreed it was their mistake. By evening, I had my car back with a new heater coil assembly at no cost to me. No fuss. This even though, the car was practically out of warranty.

And that is the way you get repeat customers. And that is how extended warranty should work. Why would I, as a customer, care for any internal/external/process issues any manufacturer dealers/Blue dart has? All I care about is my car, with me, in driving condition.
Naetik30 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 09:34   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Bought my Hyundai Verna CRDi SX Diesel in 2014 August with 4 years warranty (including extended). Warranty was set to expire in August 2018.

By evening, I had my car back with a new heater coil assembly at no cost to me.

This happened only because you had a popular car. The very reason why Innovas rarely have to wait for spare parts. Imagine having a Tucson or Santafe, Hyundai also will require a week to procure the part( Unless you got lucky and there is a lot of part sharing for that particular item). There is a risk when you buy a non-popular car. No dealership will stock the spare parts. Especially when it is an uncommon part.

In Tata's case, they seem to lack a process to expedite the delivery( or they had and they messed up the process) even under special circumstances like a brand new car. That has to change.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 31st January 2020 at 09:40.
padmrajravi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 09:49   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER
As they say, it's the little things that matter.
Felt sad for you @Trooper reading this thread and wishing for you to get your beast back soon, in all its glory!

As you've rightly said, and reading through the entire thread so far, aside from the fact that a part in a brand new car failed etc., I feel had they just had the courtesy of communicating effectively with you, by way of keeping you posted, even if the part order and shipment was bungled, it'd gone a long way in you not being frustrated about the whole thing.
I too had shared a similar experience on the Storme (V400) thread; but it was the TASS which was to blame in my case. I too am a Tata fanboy, love my Storme to bits but really don't quite understand the way Tata and TASS work sometimes.
Picture this - my wife's grand i10 just came back from a major service wherein an accident repair job was also done. Since the time the car went in, till today (2weeks after delivery), I've been called at least 5 times regarding how the vehicle is doing. This is apart from the regular updates (whatsapp/calls), during the 2 days the car was at the HASS! Having said that, they dont fail to remind me on every call - "Please give 10/10 rating Saar", which honestly has become bit irritating now. Point am trying to make is the stark contrast in customer service between a Hyundai and a Tata! Agreed, Hyundai probably takes it to an extreme, but then Tata themselves are also at the other extreme; hope and wish Tata does something about it!
avinash_m is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 09:59   #66
BHPian

Re: Brand new Tata Hexa won't start! Lying at dealer since 9 days EDIT : Resolved.

My friend's Verna's engine was changed, under warranty, 2 months into the ownership. I am not clear what the issue was but the car had dropped dead in the middle of the road and nothing would make it start. Process took over 3 weeks. Hyundai service center/dealer gave them a loaner Eon on the very first day of initial diagnosis (at that time, it was expected to take a week for the replacement). TATA is free to have whatever idiotic warranty process they want, but why should the customer's daily life be affected?
Driving80kph is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 12:30   #67
Senior - BHPian

Re: Brand new Tata Hexa won't start! Lying at dealer since 9 days EDIT : Resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
So finally. After 10 long days. We picked up our Hexa from Automatrix Mangalore. Will refer to them as AXM henceforth.
Delighted to know that your troubles are finally over. Fingers crossed, may this be the last niggle in your Hexa and may you enjoy a delightful ownership experience henceforth. It is good to see the GM of AMX took active and personal interest in seeing that your car has been fixed to your satisfaction. Wishing you the best and have a safe drive back home.

Like a few others, I too had a couple of extremely pathetic experiences dealing with Tata Customer Care and how warranty claims/replacements are not so painful with other car brands. But I will desist from elaborating it and save it for an ownership review.
skanchan95 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 13:11   #68
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that Trooper got his Hexa back. All car's have failing parts and can come with niggles, it's the approach of the company in that situation that inspires confidence in the buyers mind so that he stays with the company the next time he considers another buy or recommends the company for a product to a friend. I took delivery of my City, it's headlights wouldn't come on, I realized it at night when I took my family on an outing. It was immediately set right by taking the car and replacing a faulty light stalk, all by the dealer and bringing it back. The dealer had over invoiced accessories and I got it back when I mailed Honda India. Same with Hyundai with my Elantra and Accent, they have been very supportive in smoothing issues that may arise at service with just a mail to cr@hmil.net . That's what makes me stick to brands and inspires confidence when something goes wrong.
Durango Dude is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 14:05   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Will go for a long drive tomorrow, and update the car's condition here.
So drove 60 kms to our native village from Mangalore. All smooth. Smooth start up. And no rattling. No suspension noises either.

Looking forward to a great trip back to Mumbai.

Thank you to all BHPians for the support. Have a hint that Tata higher ups have been made aware of this debacle. Hope they make appropriate changes/take action to avoid such goof ups in the future and avoid blaming dealers when they're in the wrong. Will send them a mail once I'm back in Mumbai.

Special thanks to members of the THOR group too, for being supportive, with some members going out of their way to try and help me out.

Would like to tell Tata fanboys and admirers that there was no intention of mine to make this a Tata bashing thread. A spade should be called a spade and Tata could have handled the case well, which they didn't bother to. Am still a Tata fan and love the Hexa to bits.

Last edited by TROOPER : 31st January 2020 at 14:18. Reason: Added stuff
TROOPER is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 15:07   #70
BHPian

Quote:
So drove 60 kms to our native village from Mangalore. All smooth. Smooth start up. And no rattling. No suspension noises either.

That's indeed a great news..
Hope your hexa serves you without any problems henceforth..

Enjoy your ride..
Dr.Vikas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 23:06   #71
Vmv
BHPian

Quote:

Would like to tell Tata fanboys and admirers that there was no intention of mine to make this a Tata bashing thread. A spade should be called a spade and Tata could have handled the case well, which they didn't bother to. Am still a Tata fan and love the Hexa to bits.
Happy to hear and
Happy Motoring ahead with your Hexa
Vmv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 09:30   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
The fact that you have to explain this to members when the OP original post show that TATA failed in all these parameters is exactly the reason I made my original post. If this is not clear, then let me explain: The moment there is negative thread about TATA on this forum there will be a bunch of guys defending TATA (in this case without even reading the opening post).
I don't understand the point of your comment. Nobody is defending or bashing Tata in this thread as far as i have read through it, it's just some people telling OP to remain calm and give the dealer time, so that they will not botch the repair and others blaming TaMo and rightfully so, which i would do, in this case, as well because tamo has screwed up the case of one of their most expensive offerings.

This is i think, the third time I've seen you post something like this on a tata thread. Your comment is the first off topic post on this thread.

In fact, your comment basically answered one of your questions about why there are a lot of people defending Tata, "there have been some bashing, which honestly is because of their past", making it sound like it's justified.

Last edited by SaiSW : 1st February 2020 at 09:35.
SaiSW is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 11:21   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
I don't understand the point of your comment. Nobody is defending or bashing Tata in this thread as far as i have read through it
"Nobody is defending TATA" he says. OK then feast your eyes on this.

OP hands over the car to TASS on the 21st. TASS raises a warranty replacement request on the 22nd. The CSM of Karnataka later tell the OP that the request is being treated as VOR (on the 27th). That is almost 5 days after the issue was identified as being due to a started motor/flywheel. Does anyone have to tell TATA that this meets the condition for VOR?

Apparently, under VOR the parts are supposed to reach the dealer in 48 hours (sounds great on paper). The OP is even ready to wait an extra day since it's a TIER 2 city.

The OP posts about his frustrating experience on the 29th. That is now 7 days after the warranty claim was raised and 2 days have passed since the VOR thing was thrown around. The parts are still no where to be seen.

As the OP himself said, "This thread is not to show my frustration. It is to keep members and visitors alike informed about where Tata stands as far as customer support is concerned."

But then you had members coming in commenting stuff like the following:

"Once the claim is approved, the customer will be informed of the same and will be in line for the replacement. This was done in the OP's case also. The OP will need to remain calm as warranty replacements take time, he is not the only one who is waiting for parts in the whole country. The manufacturer will dispatch the parts only and only according to the token and the dealer will be helpless here as he cannot change the faulty part with a new part even if he has it in his own store."

I knew that there would be members who will descend onto this thread to defend TATA. That is why i made my post even before they could and lo and behold they were there.

TATA never followed their own policy regarding warranty claims and in the case of every other manufacture botch ups we would have united as a forum and stood by the side of a fellow enthusiast. But a negative TATA thread comes up and then you can always see two camps.

Quote:
it's just some people telling OP to remain calm and give the dealer time, so that they will not botch the repair
I did see fellow member @comfortablynumb make that comment and I completely agree with it. Infact I would follow the same if any of my vehicles had a part replacement to be done. Obviously, my comment was not against members giving advice to the OP as you seem to have misunderstood.

Quote:
This is i think, the third time I've seen you post something like this on a tata thread. Your comment is the first off topic post on this thread.
Glad to see you following me brother. I have been doing the same with regards to you even before I became a member . If you still think my post was OT despite my previous two points made then well I don't like to hand hold adults in real life or the digital one.

Quote:
In fact, your comment basically answered one of your questions about why there are a lot of people defending Tata, "there have been some bashing, which honestly is because of their past", making it sound like it's justified.
Yep, people opinions about TATA and its services are justified. They might have had direct experience or seen a friend/family member suffer and obviously that is going to have an impact on them.

Even I have defended the TATA dealer on this thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...r-chennai.html (Tata Tiago buying experience with Lakshmi Tata, OMR Chennai) when the OP was in the wrong. But if TATA is in the wrong then they deserved to be called out on it.

Defend TATA when someone says that their products don't have a large enough touchscreen or goes to make a unfounded comment that this product will never succeed (like a member recently did on the Altroz thread).

But defending TATA when they have so clearly made a mistake and asking an enthusiast to "just be calm" just makes me think they either they have a vested interest in defending TATA (which I believe should be declared on the forum) or they have some pseudo nationalistic pride in believing that an Indian manufacturer has to be supported regardless.

Last edited by JithinR : 1st February 2020 at 11:30.
JithinR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 12:03   #74
BHPian

Quote:
If you still think my post was OT despite my previous two points made then well I don't like to hand hold adults in real life or the digital one.
It still is off-topic, also, for any waywardness that were to happen like blaming OP for no reason, then we have the mods to look into it, and I believe they're pretty swift in that. Why didn't you just report the post if you felt it was objectionable?
[/quote]

Quote:
Yep, people opinions about TATA and its services are justified. They might have had direct experience or seen a friend/family member suffer and obviously that is going to have an impact on them.
Well then let's agree to disagree because i don't share the same view. I have had multiple issues with marutis, and also had friends who have suffered the same, but i don't show up at their threads everytime to berate the product in question ( not suggesting you're doing the same, incase you get the wrong idea , but just an example i took ).
I still do have grief with maruti but i don't berate their products based on past experiences on a public forum.
SaiSW is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 12:12   #75
BHPian

Had thought of waiting till TROOPER had got the issue resolved before commenting on this thread. Just like his case, even mine had been an issue with TATA and the dealers were very cooperative. Infact, I've never seen any dealer go out of his way and refund the money for towing without much pushing (10k). Its a different matter as to where that money came from (manufacturer or the dealer).

There are two cases here. One where the dealers are simply pathetic and you unfortunately have to rely on them for after sales service.
Second is this case where dealers are good and sometimes much better than you can imagine a TATA dealer to be. But the manufacturer is simply incompetent to address an issue.

I really hope this thread reaches the right people at TATA and they take care of unresponsive folks within their company before descending on the dealers.
abhi7013 is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks