Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2021, 08:57   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: MG considering petrol ZS for India. Edit: MG Astor unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
I really don't see much difference and the new Creta has lost that SUV appeal for me. The older one looked the part, but new one doesn't. Even a Ecosport looks a lot more SUVish than the new Creta.

BTW in terms of dimensions alone, the ZS appears bigger in each dimension.

ZS EV dimensions- LWH- 4314 vs 1809 vs 1644 (in mm)
Creta dimensions- LWH- 4300 vs 1790 vs 1635 (in mm)
Ah my apologies. I had never seen the ZS in person and it appeared much more hatchback like in the pictures.
Old 2nd May 2021, 09:55   #62
Senior - BHPian

I have seen ZS EV few times & it doesn't look too much different from Creta (except for design philosophy). Former is much like better designed S-Cross IMO & it's saving grace could be infotainment & related tech (Chinese are better in adopting these than Japa who would make a killing for these features) & petrol engines. 1.5 Liter petrol is good 1.3 turbo could be better. It can be a serious competition to Creta given Hector's success story till date & clever marketing by MG.
Old 4th May 2021, 11:20   #63
BHPian

Pardon my ignorance as I am not closely following this vehicle. Is the Astor exactly same as ZS ev in looks and dimensions? If yes, why camouflage? Is the turbo petrol the same as found in kicks/duster?

Mg zs looks great from the front but the side and rear look average. Hector looks fantastic from the front but the side, and rear are a disaster. Hope they come up with more coherent designs.
Old 4th May 2021, 23:13   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonHyd View Post
Pardon my ignorance as I am not closely following this vehicle. Is the Astor exactly same as ZS ev in looks and dimensions
It has a different front end and tail lights than the EV, you can check reviews on it on YouTube.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th May 2021 at 05:59. Reason: Off-topic bits deleted
Revmatch99 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 15:27   #65
Team-BHP Support

MOD NOTE : Please stick to the topic of discussion. No need to get personal or indulge in name calling. Any further off-topic post would be deleted and that user may attract moderator action.

Thanks.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 15:39   #66
Senior - BHPian

Astor spotted testing in Vadodara.
Attached Thumbnails
MG considering petrol ZS for India. Edit: MG Astor unveiled-a1.jpg  

MG considering petrol ZS for India. Edit: MG Astor unveiled-a2.jpg  

MG considering petrol ZS for India. Edit: MG Astor unveiled-a3.jpg  

MG considering petrol ZS for India. Edit: MG Astor unveiled-a4.jpg  

MG considering petrol ZS for India. Edit: MG Astor unveiled-a5.jpg  

MG considering petrol ZS for India. Edit: MG Astor unveiled-a6.jpg  

MG considering petrol ZS for India. Edit: MG Astor unveiled-a7.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 01:44   #67
BHPian

Looks like it's got a panoramic sunroof. Can't spot the ADAS though. Alloys look good.
How does it compare in size to a Creta?

With Kushaq, Taigun and now Astor, it is soon going to get tough for Creta/Seltos.
Old 4th June 2021, 07:27   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.bhatt View Post
How does it compare in size to a Creta?

With Kushaq, Taigun and now Astor, it is soon going to get tough for Creta/Seltos.
It's marginally larger than Creta/Seltos in every dimension. It would be kind of similar to Duster in dimensions, if ZS Ev is anything to go by.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 10:29   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.bhatt View Post
Looks like it's got a panoramic sunroof. Can't spot the ADAS though. Alloys look good.
Lack of ADAS would be terrible. I was really hoping it comes with it so that it can also arrive in the ZS EV and then become more mainstream. ZS EV comes with ADAS even in Thailand.
Old 6th June 2021, 23:17   #70
BHPian

I sure hope that Astor does get it. If MG brings in ADAS it will surely be a much more sought after feature than the "sun roof"
The bigger size, being equally feature rich and ADAS as a big differentiator will make Astor a much more formidable competitor to Creta/Seltos than Kushaq/Taigun.
Old 6th June 2021, 23:58   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Main hurdles are the range and the lack of fast charging facilities. These would be why petrol ZS makes sense to lot of people
I don't quite get why a car the size of a ZS in petrol guise will make sense to someone over the larger Hector. They'd be much better off buying something cheaper. The EV Part of it is the only thing that justifies the price of the ZS honestly, and removing that and summing upto an identical (maybe not identical, but not even remotely reasonable) price tag would be a dimwit.
Old 7th June 2021, 02:46   #72
BHPian

Full panoramic sunroof + ADAS would be an incredible proposition in this segment. I am guessing they would be using the 3 cylinder engine - that is where imo the Volkswagen twins will trump this, atleast fr people who care for that sort of things. Otherwise in terms of tech and cabin quality, you would expect the ZS to be minimum on par with the competition.
Old 14th June 2021, 14:03   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnav612 View Post
I don't quite get why a car the size of a ZS in petrol guise will make sense to someone over the larger Hector. They'd be much better off buying something cheaper. The EV Part of it is the only thing that justifies the price of the ZS honestly, and removing that and summing upto an identical (maybe not identical, but not even remotely reasonable) price tag would be a dimwit.
ZS is considerably smaller than a Hector. Even the prices of ZS vis a vis Hector in international markets are lower. I believe ZS would start at about 9L, and end at around 14L.
Old 25th June 2021, 10:12   #74
Senior - BHPian

MG Astor spied with panoramic sunroof and sporty red brake calipers.

MG considering petrol ZS for India. Edit: MG Astor unveiled-fb_img_1624595899076.jpg

MG considering petrol ZS for India. Edit: MG Astor unveiled-fb_img_1624595902326.jpg

MG considering petrol ZS for India. Edit: MG Astor unveiled-fb_img_1624595905084.jpg

MG considering petrol ZS for India. Edit: MG Astor unveiled-fb_img_1624595908041.jpg

MG considering petrol ZS for India. Edit: MG Astor unveiled-fb_img_1624595912224.jpg

MG considering petrol ZS for India. Edit: MG Astor unveiled-fb_img_1624595914862.jpg

MG considering petrol ZS for India. Edit: MG Astor unveiled-fb_img_1624595917346.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 23:37   #75

I spotted the test mule in December 2020 near Satara. I was sure it was some MG vehicle but could not figure out which one was it. It looked like they parked it intentionally near a busy restaurant to get some attention.
Attached Thumbnails
MG considering petrol ZS for India. Edit: MG Astor unveiled-20210109_024623.jpg  

mttraveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks