Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2021, 13:10   #76
BHPian

re: MG considering petrol ZS for India. Edit: MG Astor unveiled

It seems to have at least the lane guidance feature as visible from the camera on the windscreen! Let’s hope it comes with other ADAS features as well.
Old 27th June 2021, 06:37   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
It seems to have at least the lane guidance feature as visible from the camera on the windscreen! Let’s hope it comes with other ADAS features as well.
How did you spot the camera on windscreen ? I can just see the sensor for auto Wipers.

However I can see camera on the driver side door mirror. So yes, atleast the rains sensing wipers and 360 degree cameras are coming.
Old 28th June 2021, 20:44   #78
BHPian

Do we have any insider news about the price range ? MG has a big opportunity to clinch the volumes if they price it sensibly.
Old 28th June 2021, 21:35   #79
Senior - BHPian

After the Kushaq pricing, hope MG does not get bold in pricing. The Astor is definately a segment bigger than kushaq size wise. Hope MG is able to undercut Creta a little bit across all variants. Hoping to see them continue the 5 year standard warranty.
Old 28th June 2021, 22:12   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomph11 View Post
Do we have any insider news about the price range ? MG has a big opportunity to clinch the volumes if they price it sensibly.
MG Astor will be priced well, because it'll be positioned below Hector which itself is very well priced. Some variants might overlap, but still I expect this Astor to offer great value like it's elder sibling.

MG doesn't want to repeat the mistake Skoda did today.
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 23:13   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

Just confirmed from my sources in MG that the petrol ZS will launch somewhere between the Ganesh festival and Diwali this year though MG is aiming for a September launch.
Hello Ram, any latest updates on this. Wondering if the launch timelines are still intact. After the Kushaq pricing debacle, there are lots of expectations from Astor.
Old 30th June 2021, 07:37   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.bhatt View Post
Hello Ram, any latest updates on this. Wondering if the launch timelines are still intact. After the Kushaq pricing debacle, there are lots of expectations from Astor.
Yes the launch of Astor is still scheduled for around October this year. Also I have confirmed from my sources that ADAS is coming on the Astor.

After the insane pricing of the Kushaq I think that the Astor will offer tremendous VFM since it will have a truckload of more features than the Kushaq and also it will be bigger too. We can expect a typically disruptive pricing from MG as the Astor is smaller than the Hector so it should be around a lakh rupees cheaper than its bigger sibling.

All in all exciting days ahead for buyers shopping in this segment.
ram87pune is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 09:21   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Yes the launch of Astor is still scheduled for around October this year. Also I have confirmed from my sources that ADAS is coming on the Astor.

All in all exciting days ahead for buyers shopping in this segment.
Thanks for keeping us updated. This is really great news and this launch will be something a lot of us, who were disappointed by Kushaq, are looking forward to!
a.bhatt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 00:33   #84

Bring in the panarimic sunroof in the middle and high end variants and I am sold. My kid wants it!! Else my rapid is good enough.
RacingStripes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 22:41   #85

The dilemma,
I have been an avid reader of team-bhp since ages. Never contributed much! Apologies for the same. Need your help. I am on the look out for an SUV between 10-16 lacs ex showroom Bangalore (16 lacs ex showroom estimates to about 20 lacs on road). I can wait for a maximum of 6 months before I say bye to my rapid. The following are the criteria,

1. Decent engine - does not have to be a star performer but definitely not underpowered.
2. Easy manual else automatic - creta, alcazar, kia seltos manuals are fine, can't deal with the harrier/Safari/xuv 500 manuals. The clutch is too heavy! Even my rapid diesel manual is a pain because of the hard clutch.
3. Decent highway performer - Does not have to be a rapid, it's great at handling and ride comfort. It should not be wallovy and unnerving at high speeds.
4. Good gncap rating - above 4 is fine.
5. Good mileage - I guess this seals it for the diesels. But, a swift petrol's mileage is incredible!!
6. Good boot space and flexibility - 60:40 back seats mandatory!
7. A sunroof - mandatory for the kid! Can't buy without one. Panaromic sunroof ideal!
8. Decent infotainment - should not be laggy. Ok with no connected features.

SUVs considered,

1. Harrier/Safari - great engine and automatic gear box but for the features provided, the bad infotainment system and the cost with a sunroof - around 26lacs on road Bangalore!! Nope...
2. Xuv 500 - old platform, rattling interiors. As well wait for the 700
3. Alcazar prestige diesel manual - Looks better than the creta but not even close to Safari/harrier in my books. Good diesel, good features in the basic model. Don't need the 3rd row of seats except on rare occasions and with kia seltos's 3 gncap
rating not sure if it's better than a creta or seltos.
4. Creta - Most of it is fine but the looks. Sorry I can't digest it's front and the gncap rating would be similar to seltos.
5. Kia seltos - Love the exteriors/ interiors. But the downers are 3 star gncap ratings and the lack of a panaromic sunroof (not much of a downer but for my kid!!).

I know it's a lot to ask of a vehicle but when we are spending 20 lacs for car, we can discuss at lengths.

An ideal vehicle would be a kia seltos with a gncap rating of atleast 4, a panaromic sunroof.

Vehicles in consideration (future)
1. Xuv 700 - I know that it might be costlier and less frugal and I don't think their manuals are going to have light and good gear box combination.
2. MG Astor - Could do the trick! But don't know about gncap rating and mileage. Else it fits the bill (based on what I have heard in the forum)
3. Mahindra Scorpio or the tuv 300 plus ( better luggage space and probably a decent engine)

If I were to be taking the decision alone ( without wifey's input) it would have been the honda city 5th gen (assuming 5 star Asean ncap ratings) but life is not that easy, and she wants an SUV ( for our farm travel - well it does make sense) and therefore still in a dilemma!
Old 5th July 2021, 03:55   #86
BHPian

Well as far as the safety rating for Astor goes, the Thailand manufactured version has got 5 stars in the ASEAN NCAP.

https://m.motoroctane.com/article/21...infinitescroll

However, at this point we do not know what changes will be made in the Indian version.

May be someone can share the details if there were any compromises on the Indian version of Hector.

If Astor can score a 5 star rating before launch, this car has the potential to become the real King
a.bhatt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 16:05   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingStripes View Post
The dilemma,
I am on the look out for an SUV between 10-16 lacs ex showroom Bangalore (16 lacs ex showroom estimates to about 20 lacs on road). I can wait for a maximum of 6 months before I say bye to my rapid. The following are the criteria,

1. Decent engine - does not have to be a star performer but definitely not underpowered.
2. Easy manual else automatic - creta, alcazar, kia seltos manuals are fine, can't deal with the harrier/Safari/xuv 500 manuals. The clutch is too heavy! Even my rapid diesel manual is a pain because of the hard clutch.
3. Decent highway performer - Does not have to be a rapid, it's great at handling and ride comfort. It should not be wallovy and unnerving at high speeds.
4. Good gncap rating - above 4 is fine.
5. Good mileage - I guess this seals it for the diesels. But, a swift petrol's mileage is incredible!!
6. Good boot space and flexibility - 60:40 back seats mandatory!
7. A sunroof - mandatory for the kid! Can't buy without one. Panaromic sunroof ideal!
8. Decent infotainment - should not be laggy. Ok with no connected features.
Why not the Hector Diesel? Fits your criteria for all the points except maybe soft suspension could spoil your 3rd point. I have travelled at 100-120 Kph in one, and I didn't find it unnerving. Clutch was also relatively lighter than a Harrier, but not as light as Honda Amaze diesel/Ford Ecosport Diesel. Not sure of Bangalore prices, but 21L gets you a diesel Hector sharp model in Pune.
Old 23rd July 2021, 10:56   #88
Senior - BHPian

MG Astor (ZS petrol) spied inside out

MG is working on a new SUV that is likely to be positioned below the Hector. It is essentially a petrol version of the ZS EV and it could be called the 'Astor' in the Indian market.

MG considering petrol ZS for India. Edit: MG Astor unveiled-pxl_20210627_184446440.jpg

A test mule of the Astor was recently spotted in a parking lot. The latest images give us a good look at the SUV's exterior as well as its interior.

MG considering petrol ZS for India. Edit: MG Astor unveiled-pxl_20210627_184458392.jpg

The MG Astor is based on the updated ZS. The facelifted model gets a revised front grille and reprofiled headlamps. The car seems to be equipped with an Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) similar to the MG Gloster.

MG considering petrol ZS for India. Edit: MG Astor unveiled-pxl_20210627_184751234.jpg

This particular test car has an all-black interior with silver trim providing a bit of contrast. The centre console houses a large touchscreen infotainment head-unit that is slightly angled towards the driver. Overall, the interior looks clean and uncluttered.
In India, the SUV will be offered with two petrol engine options. These include a 1.5-litre unit producing 118 BHP and 150 Nm and a 1.3-litre turbocharged engine with 161 BHP and 230 Nm. Expect it to come with a choice of manual and automatic transmissions. The car seen in these images is equipped with an automatic gearbox.

MG considering petrol ZS for India. Edit: MG Astor unveiled-pxl_20210627_184526129.jpg

MG considering petrol ZS for India. Edit: MG Astor unveiled-pxl_20210627_184549302.jpg

MG considering petrol ZS for India. Edit: MG Astor unveiled-pxl_20210627_184626490.night.jpg

MG considering petrol ZS for India. Edit: MG Astor unveiled-pxl_20210627_184510584.jpg

Thanks to Lifezgood for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 23rd July 2021 at 10:59.
TusharK is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 11:33   #89
BHPian

Seems like it has gotten a bigger infotainment screen and the physical buttons have been eliminated.Interior looks a lot like the Creta.
Sentinel17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 12:23   #90
BHPian

MG Astor looks quite similar to MG ZST in UAE. When can we expect the launch?

anto1212 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks