Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2020, 15:41   #136
BHPian

Re: The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SahilS View Post
Can someone let me know what is the approx cost of DEF per litre in India. Amazon India showed more than Rs 1,000 per litres !!!
Looks like the Tata version is cheaper at Rs-800-900 for 20 litres. See link below:-

Tata Diesel Exhaust Fluid, Packaging Size: 20 Liter
nainan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 16:22   #137
BANNED

Quote:
From amazon US, I see that DEF could be around rupees 170 per litre. So effectively at every service of Harrier at 7,500 km; 2500 rs(15 litre) needed for DEF top-up.
One had to check the local pricing.
Quote:
Amazon India showed more than Rs 1,000 per litres !!!
It is Rs 1,000 per 20 liter, not 1000/liter. Note most of the listings on Amazon.in were US/Euro based listings converted into INR on Amazon.inTata's Genuine DEF in 20 liter packing, on Amazon, price not yet listed:Castrol's DEF listing on their website, price not listed:Few other listings, with prices ranging from Rs 21/liter to Rs 50/liter:By the way, did you check any other diesel vehicle in market available with BS6 engines.

Last edited by wheelguy : 7th February 2020 at 16:44.
wheelguy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 18:22   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Yep, request placed earlier this week for the Harrier AT. We are also waiting for the Altroz & Nexon EV in Bombay.

A humble request GTO to kindly include the manual Harrier for your review please.
Quote:
Harrier BS6 is now equipped with DPF and DEF(Diesel Exhaust Fluid- Urea).
- Wherever BS6 diesel might not be available, people need to be very careful before buying diesel as Harrier manual clearly says Sulphur shouldn't be more than 10 ppm in diesel. BS4 diesel has around 50 ppm of Sulphur.

Snips from harrier BS6 manual attached:
My point exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
One had to check the local pricing.
It is Rs 1,000 per 20 liter, not 1000/liter. Note most of the listings on Amazon.in were US/Euro based listings converted into INR on Amazon.in[list]

You are right. Even I was in this conundrum. Apparently as I was reading somewhere when there will be enough of BS6 cars requiring DEF its price is expected to come down.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th February 2020 at 13:45. Reason: Typos.
Old 8th February 2020, 02:29   #139
BHPian

In older Harrier manual, its written: Ground Clearance = 176 mm(laden)
In newer one, its written: Minimum Ground Clearance = 153 mm(laden)

It means Ground clearance(unladen) also down by about 23mm, say around 182 mm from previous 205 mm. If yes, I'm really disappointed.
Is lowering of GC due to addition of DEF tank of 15 litres or some other reason too?
Or
Has the mechanism to calculate ground clearance changed now and actually there is no change ?
SahilS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 09:33   #140
BHPian

I am pretty impressed with the pricing. While browsing through the pages, i saw a reply saying it is not much of a VFM pricing compared to the compass. The compass top end is more than 30 lacs on road, I'm sorry but I do not understand where that logic comes from.

Honestly, if I was in the market for 5 seater SUV, this would be my pick hands down. Now I am just waiting for it to reach nearby dealerships so I can take a look at the beauty.

170hp + panoramic sunroof + electric seats + convenient 6 speed diesel auto, that combination pretty much is more than enough for me.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th February 2020 at 13:44. Reason: Typos and punctuation.
SaiSW is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 10:04   #141
BHPian

Somewhere in this or another thread I read that Harrier was not sent for GNCAP tests because it is capable of only 2 stars. Hope the new version is enhanced for safety ratings and hope we will soon see GNCAP test results.
Old 8th February 2020, 10:13   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Somewhere in this or another thread I read that Harrier was not sent for GNCAP tests because it is capable of only 2 stars. Hope the new version is enhanced for safety ratings and hope we will soon see GNCAP test results.
This is exactly the kind of post that gets trolled. When you make such requests based on what you think you read “somewhere”, please back it up with the link to where you read of what the Harrier is capable.

With all of Tata’s newer models being designed for five stars in adult protection at the GNCAP, I don’t think Harrier would be any different.

On the facelift, I think a comprehensive review by TBHP is warranted just as a guide on how much the small yet significant things have changed - is V2 really the finished product they should have launched in the first place?
VeluM is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 12:51   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
This is exactly the kind of post that gets trolled. When you make such requests based on what you think you read “somewhere”, please back it up with the link to where you read of what the Harrier is capable.
Ok, these are the posts I was referring to.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4738032

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4738126

Last edited by mohan41 : 8th February 2020 at 12:53.
mohan41 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 14:49   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Thanks for the links. Point taken, but with a pinch of salt. We’ll probably be better informed once the car is actually tested.

I thought GNCAP take cars that they wish to test, not those that a manufacturer wants.
VeluM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 14:51   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
I thought GNCAP take cars that they wish to test, not those that a manufacturer wants.
GNCAP wanted to test Altroz even before it was launched

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th February 2020 at 13:42. Reason: Typo.
NICHE is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 17:37   #146
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICHE View Post
GNCAP wanted to test altroz even before it was launched
Nothing to LOL. It is a common practice across all other NCAPs to test vehicles before launch if the manufacturer is confident enough and is willing to volunteer their vehicle for tests, while at it NCAPs ensure that the vehicle being tested is exactly the same specced car that goes to the consumers.

This interview with David Ward of GNCAP can help clear few confusions around the practices followed:

wheelguy is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 23:20   #147
BHPian

I wish the Harrier 2.0 had retained the brown seats and wood finish panelling. Made it look different and luxurious. Now with Black seats and black trim, it just looks drab. Yes, it’ll age better but I’m sick of black interiors of my Hexa and was really looking forward to the interiors of the Harrier.
Puffdamgcdragon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 23:29   #148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post
I wish the Harrier 2.0 had retained the brown seats and wood finish panelling. Made it look different and luxurious. Now with Black seats and black trim, it just looks drab. Yes, it’ll age better but I’m sick of black interiors of my Hexa and was really looking forward to the interiors of the Harrier.
The Harrier still gets the brown seats and the wood panelling. The car at the Expo was black interiors but the actual production car will be wood panelling and brown seats.

The Dark edition gets all black interiors and dark grey trim.

The Dual tone I am not sure if it gets brown or black cause the one at expo was dual tone with black but looking at price I think dual tone will be roof only black and dark edition will be all black only.
Vid6639 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 23:36   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Harrier still gets the brown seats and the wood panelling. The car at the Expo was black interiors but the actual production car will be wood panelling and brown seats.

The Dark edition gets all black interiors and dark grey trim.

The Dual tone I am not sure if it gets brown or black cause the one at expo was dual tone with black but looking at price I think dual tone will be roof only black and dark edition will be all black only.
Thank you for the info. I’m quite set on the new Harrier top end manual. Will be choosing between this, the Kia Seltos and the Innova Crysta soon as I sell off my Hexa XTA.
I liked the light coloured interiors on the Gravitas. But prefer the Harrier as a complete design.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th February 2020 at 13:42. Reason: Typo and punctuation.
Old 9th February 2020, 12:04   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

For Harrier Auto that is assembling key parts from a mixed bag of various manufacturers, it will be all about cohesiveness, the art of integration and tuning. The Harrier is mixing together a chassis from Land Rover, an engine from Fiat and a transmission from Hyundai, with the suspension and a few other components tweaked by Tata India. So the handiwork and designs of 4 different companies are coming together in one car. The distinctive characteristics of each are different:
  • Hyundai stands for comfort, low maintenance and lightweight parts.
  • Land Rover stands for toughness, off-road credentials, built-to-last
  • Fiat stands for style and engineering finesse
  • TATA India stands for robustness, ease and low cost of maintenance (although maintenance will be high)

Now, these are like horses pulling the cart in slightly different angles. Will TATA have done a good job of integrating and synergizing these traits into a strong overall package that retains the individual strengths, or do these distinguishing factors neutralise each other and result in a watered down, “jack of various trades”? Only time will tell.
84.monsoon is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed