Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2020, 10:37   #286
BHPian

Re: The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs

There is a lot of positivity in the market around the BS6 Harrier automatic. Speaking to the sales rep at Rudra Motors (Sushmit - who I highly recommend) there are many people who have been waiting for the automatic to be launched for a long time now.
There are almost 20 bookings with Rudra Motors and most of them are for the XTA and XTA+ variants and the hot selling colours are the Red and Dark editions. I feel Tata is missing a trick or two by not displaying the XTA+ variant and zero advertising. I am surprised that the media drives have not happened yet!

I had a short test drive last Friday and came away impressed with the vehicle - and this feeling was exactly the opposite during my test drive of the manual version an year back. The automatic has been mated to the engine very well and you would barely notice the gear shifts. Throw the car into sports mode and it immediately starts growling; and has aggressive shifts - which makes it fast but not comfortable at all for the passengers.

Overall, I am sold and going ahead with delivery, hopefully very soon. Fingers crossed.
ihrishi is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 12:36   #287
BHPian

I have been told by my SA @ Bafna Motors that the XZA+ variants are delayed as there is a shortage of sun roof parts due to corona virus outbreak in China. The vehicles, which were supposed to be with the dealer in February, will be dispatched post 15th and should be available with them by 25th for test drive. He indicated that the billing and deliveries are likely to start from month end.

When asked about test drive using XZA variants, he mentioned that the dealer intends to offer the test drive in top variants only to avoid any expectation mismatch for those planning to buy top end versions.

I think this could be the reasons for not having any advertisements so far and also no media drives.

I guess there are other dealers in Pune who are offering XZA for test drive.

OT - He mentioned that even Altroz deliveries have been affected by corona virus and fire at one of the vendor's factory in Pune.

Last edited by varman742 : 9th March 2020 at 12:46. Reason: Added some clarifications for test drive reasons
varman742 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 13:07   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varman742 View Post
I have been told by my SA @ Bafna Motors that the XZA+ variants are delayed as there is a shortage of sun roof parts due to corona virus outbreak in China.
+1 I have been told the same by multiple dealers. This could result in a pushback of about 2-3 weeks I guess. I believe Mahindra is also facing similar problems alongwith MG.
vk007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 08:37   #289
BHPian

While on the topic of sunroofs, here's something I received from the SA a few minutes ago...
Attached Thumbnails
The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs-img20200310wa0007.jpg  

ihrishi is offline   (61) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 18:48   #290
Senior - BHPian

Harrier owners/test-drivers - Can you guys elaborate on the panel gaps around the tailgate? It looks shockingly wide in some videos - see for example the video below at 5:20. And yes, that door was properly shut a few seconds earlier in the video.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 10th March 2020 at 18:54.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 21:25   #291
BHPian

Media drives to start from 12th Mar.
ihrishi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 21:26   #292
BHPian

Media Drives for the Harrier Automatic to be conducted 12th onwards. Hope they have the plus variants in all colours.

The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs-screenshot_20200310212450_instagram.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Harrier owners/test-drivers - Can you guys elaborate on the panel gaps around the tailgate?
@McLaren_Rulez : The Harriers that I saw, 4 BS6 XZAs were having consistent panel gaps and not like in the video you posted. To clarify I saw all of them in broad daylight parked outside the dealership.

Cheers,
Uday

Last edited by uday.ere : 10th March 2020 at 21:39.
uday.ere is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 21:51   #293
Distinguished - BHPian

The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
There are almost 20 bookings with Rudra Motors and most of them are for the XTA and XTA+ variants and the hot selling colours are the Red and Dark editions. I feel Tata is missing a trick or two by not displaying the XTA+ variant and zero advertising. I am surprised that the media drives have not happened yet!
I dont believe they are launching the auto in the XT trim. Only in XM and XZ.

Last edited by GTO : 11th March 2020 at 08:05. Reason: Trimming quote
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 23:01   #294
Vmv
BHPian

Quote:
Harrier owners/test-drivers - Can you guys elaborate on the panel gaps around the tailgate? It looks shockingly wide in some videos - see for example the video below at 5:20. And yes, that door was properly shut a few seconds earlier in the video.
I think the boot door is not completely closed.
Vmv is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 23:08   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmv View Post
I think the boot door is not completely closed.
My 2 cents - From the video, we can make out the boot door was not shut as expected. I have heard that the boot door needs to be closed with some force, which I din't see in this video.

Last edited by fusionbang : 10th March 2020 at 23:11.
fusionbang is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 11:43   #296
BANNED

Quote:
Apart from whether if the door/hatch was properly closed or not, there is another reason for the gap one sees:

The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20200311-11.32.46.jpeg
Gap1(G1) is always > than G2 and G3 due to the viewing angle and the way shutlines were designed.

Seeing too much of nitpicking around, have seen(close inspection) Harrier multiple times by now, the shutlines were consistent.
wheelguy is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 20:19   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
My 2 cents - From the video, we can make out the boot door was not shut as expected. I have heard that the boot door needs to be closed with some force, which I din't see in this video.
The boot door does need to be closed with some really good and firm force.
Jattitude is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 20:21   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
consistent panel gaps
Own a Harrier and having seen multiple Harriers (2019), can confirm that the Harrier does have consistent panel gaps. I'm certain that wouldn't go wrong in 2020.
Jattitude is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 20:44   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jattitude View Post
The boot door does need to be closed with some really good and firm force.
Have you tried this with a window open? I think that might prevent positive pressure building up in the car during the door closing. Would appreciate it if you could try it when you use the boot of your vehicle the next time
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 22:21   #300
Senior - BHPian

First post on Tbhp, thanks for accepting my membership!

Except the gorgeous looks, I am still not very fond of the new Harrier, primarily for the following two reasons-

1) Except the XZ and XZ+ trims, all other trims are extremely barebones . For instance, paying 20L (Pune OTR), for a XT model, isn't my cup of tea.

2) Despite the feature revisions and some ergonomic flaws being corrected, I still don't feel that the Harrier doesn't deserve a 23L for the XZ+ model. MG hector at 20.6L still feels much more rounded product. That said, it needs to be seen what would be the prices of the BS6 Hector.
07CR is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks