Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 22nd March 2020, 23:22   #346

Default Re: The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Great choice! I too find the XZ trim better value than the XZ+. The goodies in the XZ+ are nice to have but I wouldn't miss them. Please start an ownership review when you get the chance.
I didn't get a chance to drive much. Trying to stay indoors due to the ongoing COVID 19 scare. Hopefully we will recover soon and I will get a chance to take the beast for a long drive.
anasmundackal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 00:52   #347
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

When the Scorpio got a new Engine (140 BHP) instead of the 120 BHP engine, we got a review.
So any chances of us getting a new review, since this is quite a comprehensive update.

Though if I were to hazard a guess, I'd say no, given how Tata treats Team-BHP (cue the Altroz saga).
Strange, how Tata takes feedback from this forum for sorting niggles, yet cant provide them(us?) a car for a review. No faith in their own product?

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd March 2020 at 08:14. Reason: Typo
turbo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 09:40   #348
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
When the Scorpio got a new Engine (140 BHP) instead of the 120 BHP engine, we got a review.
So any chances of us getting a new review, since this is quite a comprehensive update.

Though if I were to hazard a guess, I'd say no, given how Tata treats Team-BHP (cue the Altroz saga).
Strange, how Tata takes feedback from this forum for sorting niggles, yet cant provide them(us?) a car for a review. No faith in their own product?
Engine power figure update + new gearbox and some other improvements means there is definitely a review coming up. Thought things will take time given current scenario.
Vid6639 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 26th March 2020, 10:02   #349
Senior - BHPian

Auto Gearbox comparison. Featuring Tata Harrier and Jeep Compass
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 19:07   #350
BHPian

I got a call from the sales guy that the vehicle should be available in a day or two and asked for transferring the total amount.
Considering that we are under lock down, I find this strange and odd. Have told him that I will not be taking delivery till the lockdown is over.

On a side note - I hear there are ongoing offers for the BS6 vehicles as well? 30K exchange bonus at the very least.
ihrishi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 10:41   #351

I am a Tata group employee and I had seen the offer of 30000 (Exchange Bonus) and 10000 (Cash Discount) in the Tata employee portal. I couldn't avail 30000 exchange bonus since I didn't go for exchange. But, I got 10000 off the on road price.

I looked at the portal just now. I don't see any offers listed for any Tata cars. Maybe Tata hasn't announced April offers yet.
anasmundackal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 11:23   #352
Senior - BHPian

Wait a while and I think the offers will start pouring in. The small business owners, who comprise a large segment of buyers for UVs are mostly struggling with cash flow. Even when the lock downs end, any cash they have will need to be invested in re-stocking the business and sales promotion. There will be very little cash to invest into a 25 lakh SUV and demand will be feeble. The recovery will take a long time, probably well into 2021 and so we should see some really sweet year end offers this year. Those willing to wait will be richly rewarded.
84.monsoon is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th April 2020, 19:46   #353
sgm
BHPian

We are familiar with our Indian Harrier, but do you know that there is another Harrier by Toyota ?

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/pictur...a-harrier-suv/

First time when I saw this car in person, I was quite surprised to see the view from rear three quarter angle. Is it only me who is imagining this ?
Attached Thumbnails
The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs-toyotaharrier.jpg  

Attached Images

sgm is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th April 2020, 20:59   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgm View Post
We are familiar with our Indian Harrier, but do you know that there is another Harrier by Toyota ?
This has been discussed plenty on our forum. Below is a few details as explained by @vid6639.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Harrier is around for 15 years now. We had this discussion in 2018 as well:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4427706 (Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs)

We also have an ownership review of the Harrier:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...adventure.html (My Toyota Harrier: A JDM adventure)

The photo is of the next gen Harrier and rest assured a brand like Toyota will not bring the Harrier to India. The name is not the problem.
Xaos636 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 12:04   #355

Went for a test drive of the Harrier as I am seriously looking for a new SUV. The sales person was extremely good with explaining about every detail of the car. I think Tata has come a long way on this.

Coming to the test drive, I am very impressed with the Engine-Auto combination of the car. Extremely smooth shifts and good performance. I also liked the way engine power delivery changes with respect to the engine mode buttons. Suspension was good with the capability to take potholes well. Brakes are OK but a set of disc brakes at the rear would have elevated the braking power/experience to the next level

At the end of the test drive wanted to check the slow speed maneuverability of the car and hence did some reverse parking with car. That's when I saw the quality of the rear camera and was really taken aback. How can they even think of fixing such a cheap camera of such pathetic quality in a flagship car? Also the steering is not lightest during these kind of slow speed drive and would require some effort. I am guessing how this affects the driving experience in slow moving traffic (owners can comment on this). The touch screen on the infotainment still feels work in progress.

The next stop was in Kia showroom and the contrast in materials used for the cabin was clearly evident. It must be at least 2 levels above that of Harrier. The drive was good and the car is cheaper by 3 lacs plus you get all the gizmos like 360 degree camera. I am confused now.

I think Harrier is a really good car but TATA need to spice it up little bit more to attract more customers. They can start with a better camera if not 360 degree camera. I thinks its a must for a big car like this in city conditions especially in Bangalore. Next would be the disc brakes in the rear and maybe electronic parking brakes as well.

I will try the Creta diesel automatic next before I make the final call.
jkocherry is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 14:11   #356
Senior - BHPian

I am surprised by how quiet this thread is. As the lock-downs have ended, I was expecting much more activity in terms of folks taking test drives, photos of new owners taking delivery of the Harrier AT and even some ownership reports. The sales figures will tell the story once the month ends, but I do hope the Harrier with the Auto starts to figure more in short-lists and purchases, TATA has really put together a compelling package and priced it well and the Harrier AT deserves to see some success.
84.monsoon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 17:02   #357
Team-BHP Support

I was really looking forward to the Harrier AT! Tata clearly have made the right additions / revisions on what was an originally good car and it would be really sad if all the hard work does not get the bean counters ticking away, tough luck on the timing Tata!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I am surprised by how quiet this thread is. As the lock-downs have ended, I was expecting much more activity in terms of folks taking test drives, photos of new owners taking delivery of the Harrier AT and even some ownership reports.
Apart from the odd case where the owner has sold his existing car most 15-20 lac and above car purchases would be for upgrades and replacements that can wait and not need immediate replacement. Lock downs coming to an end is only theoretical for now, the last 3 months are going to have a long lasting austerity drive for most households. I would imagine even folks with sufficient reserves most would hold out for atleast 3-6 months to see how the economical environment pans out in near future.

Even if one does buy a brand new car in the current day he / she surely can't act and pretend to be normal and truly enjoy the purchase as would be the case in the pre Covid era, and lets not forget buying a car for us Indians has as much prestige value as utility, so might as well wait and get the maximum bang for your buck, and adding to that who knows there would be another fat packet discount ranging from 50-100K after a couple of months of low sales.

Last edited by manson : 20th June 2020 at 15:27. Reason: Typo.
manson is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 18:15   #358
Senior - BHPian

As per the dealers there is a lot of interest in the harrier and they are doing regular deliveries. I am also seeing a lot more harriers on the road in chandigarh all of a sudden. Plus, dealers are not very liberal with discounts on harrier AT, which points to a healthy demand. I'm in the market for a car in this range and the Harrier is on my shortlist. So far I have only managed a 20K discount.
himanshugoswami is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 22:32   #359
BHPian

Does the top spec variant with the sun roof not have the sunglass holders?
Old 20th June 2020, 10:28   #360

I was expecting a lot more activity on this thread, but the interest seem to have dried down. I for one, was eagerly waiting to test drive the Harrier AT, been postponing the purchase for the last 8 months waiting for the Autobox to come. And I am glad I did.

The gear shifts were really smooth, and with the panoramic sunroof, the new Harrier is drool worthy.
Also test drove the Seltos, but was dissuaded by my cousin who works in Kia sales. He said atleast 4 DCT vehicles have been brought to the service Center even within the 10K mileage, and he wouldnít promote the car to me since we are really close. Loved the interior quality and gizmos, but the Seltos in no way feels like an SUV. It felt almost the same as my i20 while plunging into road cracks and gutters. A good 20K usual run of mine to all the different project sites ( I am in construction ), it would a take serious toll on the suspensions. The interiors didnít have a built to last feel to it, so it would start making that creaking noises in a few months.

It was a no brainer for me to book the Harrier AT. The build quality is much better, and it felt like a proper SUV. I didnít have to scan and curse all the potholes and PWD, it truely felt driving above all.

I know that Harrier is not making descent numbers yet, but thatís alright. There is a certain exclusivity factor to it when there are just a few numbers of it on the road, so thatís a good thing. So happy that I decided to wait, now itís just a matter of two weeks...☺️
RR1108 is offline   (21) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed