Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2020, 13:37   #376
BANNED

Re: The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Well, You can ride a Harrier over a Rapid.
Jokes apart, you are comparing two very different vehicles, the only commonailties being they run on four wheels, have a steering and a spare wheel.
a) I'm not, the person whom I quoting is.

b) If a manufacturer can give a decent specced car as the price level, there's no reason for tata to launch this joke of a variant.

c) again, it was he who brought up why is there so much buzz about the Rapid and none about the XE harrier, not me. Tata XE in anything is embarrassing, be it Altroz, Tiago or Harrier.
turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 13:57   #377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
What is the Harrier XE's usp anyway? Oh, and the Harrier XE only comes with White colour.
A comfortable and spacious for those who are chauffeur driven?

The video was quite informative, as far as base variants go, this seemed quite good for those who employ a driver and want to move around in comfort. High seats, good visibility, great road manners and what not. Throw in Rs 15,000 for a decent music system with a single DIN head unit.

Given that the economy is in the state that it is, a cut price version like the XE makes a lot of sense.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 14:13   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Really? Have you even seen the Harrier XE?

Rapid rider gets black bumpers? Nope. Body coloured. Harrier?
Black bumpers are common across all Harrier variants.

Quote:
Rapid rider gets black door handles? Nope. Harrier?
Door handles being black/body coloured - hardly matters. Isn't it?

Quote:
Rapid rider gets a stereo. Harrier? Nope.
I'd prefer a custom after-market one, than a very basic one.

Quote:
Rapid rider gets remote locking. And a flip key. Harrier? Nope.
Was not aware of this. But then it does get Projector headlamps. And all 4 power windows too. These are basic IMO.

Quote:
The rapid is 50 grand more than a Polo. Let that sink in. And it is a car that is far easier to live with than the polo. And it has that brilliant TSi engine.
Doubt a rapid is easier to live with than the polo.

Lastly, I said "similar" and not "same"
TokyoDrifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 14:18   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a) I'm not, the person whom I quoting is.

b) If a manufacturer can give a decent specced car as the price level, there's no reason for tata to launch this joke of a variant.

c) again, it was he who brought up why is there so much buzz about the Rapid and none about the XE harrier, not me. Tata XE in anything is embarrassing, be it Altroz, Tiago or Harrier.
170ps power, 350nm torque, ESP, hill hold, traction control, Electronic brake prefill, hydraulic brake assist from base variant itself. Definitely not embarrassing on the Harrier.
discoverwild is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 14:25   #380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Really? Have you even seen the Harrier XE?
The one thing that is common all the way from the XE Variant to the XZA+ is the ugly cheap plastic steering wheel centre element and horn pad. It is a mess of low rent plastic blooming out in a bulbous way from the centre Tata Logo to the sides of the steering wheel. It looks really low-rent and a straight lift from the Ace pick up truck in terms of quality as well as look and feel. It looks like they assembled a team of the best designers from JLR and TATA motors for the rest of the car, but when it came to the one part the driver sees and touches more than anything in the car every single day, they left it to the ACE guys to design!
84.monsoon is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 14:28   #381
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
170ps power, 350nm torque, ESP, hill hold, traction control, Electronic brake prefill, hydraulic brake assist from base variant itself. Definitely not embarrassing on the Harrier.
The problem with Tata is the value things they give are not immediately visible to the eyes whereas with other companies the things can be immediately felt by the users like cool interiors, wireless charging etc.
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 14:35   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Rapid rider gets black bumpers? Nope. Body coloured. Harrier?
Rapid rider gets black door handles? Nope. Harrier?
Rapid rider gets a stereo. Harrier? Nope.
Rapid rider gets remote locking. And a flip key. Harrier? Nope.

Harrrier is a 15 lakh rupee car. And it comes without a stereo or a remote lock.
While others have pointed out some major differences, important to note what the base variant does not skip on

1. Safety Kit - Airbags + ABS + EBD + CSC + HHC (Note the Rapid Rider does not have Airbags)
2. Telescopic Steering Adjustment
3. Projector Headlamps (Website does not claim, but the video that you linked mentioned it)
4. DRLs

Central locking + Music system can easily be retrofitted based on your preference, but some of the above cannot.

And not that anyone is forcing anyone to buy. If someone has a lower budget and does not mind gradually upgrading features in the car during the course of ownership (I certainly am not one) then the base variant can still be an option. Though I wish, like the Rapid Rider, they would have given an option besides white. Doesn't cost the company. Perhaps not the signature Red/Orange colors, but perhaps a gray option, just to make it an interesting proposition.

Last edited by sachinayak : 22nd June 2020 at 14:37.
sachinayak is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 14:44   #383
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
1. Safety Kit - Airbags + ABS + EBD + CSC + HHC (Note the Rapid Rider does not have Airbags)

What world are you living in? Rapid rider has dual airbags.

EDIT: Lets continue this in the Rapid rider thread.

Last edited by turbo : 22nd June 2020 at 14:45.
turbo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 14:58   #384
Senior - BHPian

As per Carwale App these are the differences-
Attached Thumbnails
The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs-screenshot_20200622145629_carwale.jpg  

The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs-screenshot_20200622145423_carwale.jpg  

The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs-screenshot_20200622145433_carwale.jpg  

The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs-screenshot_20200622145440_carwale.jpg  

The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs-screenshot_20200622145446_carwale.jpg  

The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs-screenshot_20200622145456_carwale.jpg  

harry10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 15:08   #385
BHPian

Quote:
What world are you living in? Rapid rider has dual airbags.

EDIT: Lets continue this in the Rapid rider thread.
Sorry, if Skoda gets their website wrong, I cannot be blamed.

That said, I would certainly wish for more cost-benefit analysis on features provided e.g. would a powered OVRM be more practical than an manual OVRM with a LED strip?

Last edited by sachinayak : 22nd June 2020 at 15:12.
sachinayak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 15:19   #386

I tested the fuel economy of my Harrier XZA. Drove in City as well as Eco modes. The roads were mostly empty and I was able to keep an average speed of 51 km/hr as seen in the screens hot. The car has completed around 1300 kms and the first service is due.
Attached Thumbnails
The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs-fb_img_1592819083660.jpg  

The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs-fb_img_1592819087912.jpg  

anasmundackal is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 18:08   #387

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
RR1108, why should we bother so much about salesguys? Rude or uninterested salesguys are everywhere. My friend went to check out Seltos and no one bothered to talk to him. It happens across all cars. As for Hyundai acing for years, please see the issues on Hyundai cars, running on a thread on these pages, which are more important to me than whether salesguy rolled out red carpet for me or not. If salesman is nonchalant, have a word with his supervisor and he will assign another salesman or attend on you himself.

Why do I need a Salesman to tell me about the car, when I have Teambhp and you guys I booked it anyway, will be taking delivery in a week or two.

But how they treat you really matters. If this is how they treat you while selling a vehicle, one can only wonder their attitude once they have your money and you have no where else to go.

I’ve had my fair share of troubles with my i20, had to replace the steering motor twice, and the steering bushes a couple of times. But they were always very courteous, made sure they looted me only after making me feel very comfortable. That’s how you do business.
RR1108 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 20:56   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Sorry, if Skoda gets their website wrong, I cannot be blamed.

There is no car for sale in India which does not come with atleast one airbag. It is a standard regulation now.
avishar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 22:39   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR1108 View Post
Why do I need a Salesman to tell me about the car, when I have Teambhp and you guys I booked it anyway, will be taking delivery in a week or two.

But how they treat you really matters. If this is how they treat you while selling a vehicle, one can only wonder their attitude once they have your money and you have no where else to go.
No offence meant! Just that I see it all the time. All I'm saying is, one should never walk out on a good car just because the salesperson was not very welcoming. As GTO once rightly said, you go there to buy a car, not marry the salesman. You can talk to another salesman. They're also humans. Some people give them a hard time and they don't take it well. I'm not defending them but well, it happens. Anyway, hearty congrats on your new ride. Harrier is one hell of a looker. Do post pics and a write-up. Wishing you lots and lots of happy miles in it!
pgsagar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 23:37   #390

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
No offence meant! Just that I see it all the time. All I'm saying is, one should never walk out on a good car just because the salesperson was not very welcoming. As GTO once rightly said, you go there to buy a car, not marry the salesman. You can talk to another salesman. They're also humans. Some people give them a hard time and they don't take it well. I'm not defending them but well, it happens. Anyway, hearty congrats on your new ride. Harrier is one hell of a looker. Do post pics and a write-up. Wishing you lots and lots of happy miles in it!
None taken. I am at times too quick to judge, one of my many flaws. Will sonder next time ☺️ Thank you
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks